06 Civic Fog Light Install Guide (pics!)

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JDM? the coupe is not sold in japan so there are no JDM fogs for the coupe

2k7si

5+ Year Member
fog light switch

whats up i have a stock 07 si with the VSA button where the fog light switch is. im lookin for some fog loights but Where would i install the switch for the fog lights??
also are the fog lights off of ebay reliable???

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive heard of a few problems from the ebay fogs but not many. the 07's OEM has a switch that replaces the turn signal/headlight arm and adds a foglight switch on it.

2k7si

5+ Year Member
yeah i saw that in the previous page about the swtich...i just have seen them on ebay and the price is alot more appealing that 350 bucks...ill see whats up id rather throw something else into my ride..

Blsht411

5+ Year Member
Just for clarification

So these civics are pre-wired... all you have to do is untape the 1 pin connector and connect the harness to it? .... and ground it, and all the other little steps. You don't have to run wire through the firewall?

If so, that makes it SOOO EZ!!!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some of it is prewired. theres a wire by the fusebox in the footwell, and oneby the bumper, the rest you have to do. still not hard though.

Geovone

5+ Year Member
Nice write up. Question, how do you make the fogs come up with only DRL or can you at all?

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
um.... i dont think you can i know i have a set of aftermarket oem fogs. they come on when i turn my parklights on.

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
whats up i have a stock 07 si with the VSA button where the fog light switch is.
mine is mounted under the dash near the hood pop handle. its mounted up there with a lil mounting bracket i found at lowes : )

Geovone

5+ Year Member
Is there a difference between the OEM fogs and OEM "style" fogs. What I'm trying to say, is there a difference in switches between them.

si-freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i herd that the oem ones that come the car from the dealership you cant turn your hi beams on with them on as well....... but im not complely sure of that. i have a set of oem style ones and they came with blue light bulbs in them so they look like HIDs :D

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
blue bulbs DO NOT look like HIDs, trust me, i have hids in my lowbeams and blue bulbs in my highs, my lows are brighter but the high beams point up higher.

as for the fogs. the OEM style from ebay and stuff just look OEM, the switch is the same (some have said the color is slightly off but barely noticible) and with the OEM fogs you cant have them on with your highbeams, aftermarket you can. but with the aftermarket ones there is not light on the dash letting you know they are on. so take your pick on which ones you want, i went with OEM

tekken2k

5+ Year Member
i bought mine for $75 from ebay and it keeps on blowing one of my fog light bulb. so i bought honda harness, relay and switch for $70 and keep the bulb housing and it works fine.thats a better deal than honda factory fog light which is more than $300.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got my OEM fogs on ebay for 169 shipped =)but that was awhile ago and the guy i bought them from doesnt have anymore :(

Magic420

5+ Year Member
I have a Question... I just bought a left side Fog Light Assembly piece b/c the lens got cracked.

My question is.... - Do I have to take off the whole bumper just to put in the assembly piece ? of is there a way to bypass that and just slip in the piece right where the socket is ?? It is for the four door civic si