06 Civic Fog Light Install Guide (pics!)

Dalz102

5+ Year Member
Noobie question:
I just bought an Ebay set for my 08 Si Sedan, and the switch fits next to the VSA switch. It looks like it belongs there, and the wiring is long enough to reach.
Do the Ebay sets have lighted switches? I know they won't light the dash indicator, but is the switch itself illuminated like the other switches? The switch for my 03 EX coupe lights, and has its own "on" indicator.
Little help here?
Thanks,
Andy

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it lights up yes, but not to tell you if its on or off. its a constant on when your parking lights are on, just like the other dash lights

Dalz102

5+ Year Member
For some reason, it isn't lighting up.....is there a bulb inside that could be out?
If so, how do I replace that, the switch looks "sealed".....

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes you can take it apart the outside part of the switch should come out. i would take it out and get a test light or meter and see if its getting power unless you have another bulb laying around

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
it lights up yes, but not to tell you if its on or off. its a constant on when your parking lights are on, just like the other dash lights
Well what if your car is a stick shift like mine...i don't have parking lights. My day time running ones turn on when my e-brake is released....how would i know...?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
parking lights dont mean when its in park lol. its the first click on the headlight switch before the headlights come on (the amber corners) it also turns on the tail lights

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
parking lights dont mean when its in park lol. its the first click on the headlight switch before the headlights come on (the amber corners) it also turns on the tail lights
oh....so even if you have the aftermarket fogs, you will be able to turn them on and off with the switch without engaging the headlights?

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
correct. somepeople like that over the fog indicator on the dash..i like OEM which is why i got it.

singualr

5+ Year Member
For those that did the OEM install like the OP. What's the drilled hole used for? Checked the install instructions and it doesn't say why two holes need to be drilled.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its to adjust them, but you can do it without doing that, just pop some of the clips off and reach your hand in

singualr

5+ Year Member
Installed OEM fogs on out 2008 EX-L coupe over the weekend. They look great and definitely light up the road more so than without. Thanks OP for the instructions and pictures..couldn't have done it with Honda's instructions alone. Thanks GETxERxDONE for the reply, I didn't drill the holes. The fogs sit low enough anyway so chances are it won't blind anyone.

Honda's instructions are wrong on where to plug in the purple wire. It goes into the "blue" harness on the very left, not in the middle on my model. In additional no need to remove the bolts on the windshield fluid tank, just reach up behind it to free the 1pin connector.

frank358fr

5+ Year Member
Hi,
I'm looking to get the wiring harness for the fog lights. I already have the fog lights, I just need the wiring harness. I looked over many website and auto parts but still find nothing. If someone can help me, I will be very appreciated.
Thanks

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
theres several different sets of wires for the fogs. which ones to do you need? all of it?

shadowboy220

5+ Year Member
hopefully you guys can answer this for me. i am not knowledgable at all in the subject of auto lighting and i am looking at getting some fog's on my 06 civic ex coupe. can you tell me if this is all i will need to get them installed? (lights, wires etc..)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H11-HONDA-Civic-2dr-06-08-Xenon-HID-Kit-Fog-Light-8000K_W0QQitemZ160334368013QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2554ac4d0d&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:12|39:1|72:1205|240:1318

thank you for any assistance

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No, that is not what you are looking for, all that is, is a PnP hid kit with the right size bulb. if you dont want to get an OEM fog light kit (recommended) just search ebay for "06 civic fog light kit" and in the pics you will see the actual fog housing, with wiring kit and button switch.

shadowboy220

5+ Year Member
thank you for clearing that up.
upon looking for oem's on ebay, i only found clear and yellow. are those the only 2 available colors for oem fog kits?
i'm looking for 8000k but it seems like that isn't oem.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont let the ebay names fool, you, OEM fogs ONLY come in clear. when they say OEM they mean OEM style.

if you want 8000k HIDs you have to buy the fog kit, then buy a plug and play HID kit also.

shadowboy220

5+ Year Member
ah i think it makes sense now. so for example i could buy the fog oem kit from handa-accessories.com then buy the hid PnP kit that i linked to ^^ to get 8000k fogs?

thank you very much for your assistance btw, it really helped

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
correct. just make sure you buy the correct HID kit. stock fogs use H11 bulb size.