06 Civic Fog Light Install Guide (pics!)

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not sure about the 4door, but my coupe i did, just gotta reach up in there and see if you can get to the screws. my guess would be yes, because there is more room behind the bumper than the coupe.

Magic420

5+ Year Member
and also lol, I had just realized that I bought the wrong side of the fog assembly. I ordered it from hondaparts.com ... but Can I just go to a local honda dealership service for an exchange for the other side instead ?? or is that a no go ?

Magic420

5+ Year Member
u serious ? f**kk thatt yo what kinda s**t is thatt. I payed over 100$ for just the assembly piece...All I want to do is exchange the same exact piece but for the right side

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, i know..but you might find a nice guy there and he wont make you pay for restocking. or you can just call the place you got it from and see what they will do for you, or maybe tell them they sent the wrong one or something.

Magic420

5+ Year Member
Yea, already established the situation, I sent it abck to the company and there sending me back the correct part BUT there not giving me back for shipping fee = /

alectba9

5+ Year Member
hey i tried doing all the things you post up and they dont turn on. i never found the purple cable at the end and i never found the blue one either can some one help me. i have the lights on already all the cables on too. they just dont turn on.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you have aftermarket fogs or OEM honda? that makes a difference. but im not really sure.

alectba9

5+ Year Member
i have oem fogs but i think i know whats wrong. does it make a difference if the cables are for civics or si because i think the cables i got were the honda civic not si ones

alectba9

5+ Year Member
hey i wanted to know where did u get this cables the ones i have are for a civic not an si. i need the si cables do u know a way i can get them with out buying the fogs again

veca1987

I.T. SOHC i-VTEC
5+ Year Member
I got a question? I keep finding JDM fog lights on ebay that specify that they are OEM and are brand new but the prices seem a little cheap. Like around 70 bucks? What do you guys think? Are those the same one's as what the dealership sells or just not worth it.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they are not OEM or JDM. those terms are just ed to catch your attention. they work fine though, many people have gotten them. the differences are: the aftermarket ones can be used without your headlights being on. but you dont get the foglight symbol on the dash.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no..it comes on to the left of the tach..like in your sig. i think its above the green light on the left

purehonda03

5+ Year Member
Help !

Hi there I need help, I installed the OEM fog lights and towards the end I ran in to a problem. I was missing the Purple cable and the blue cable. What can I do ? Everything is Installed and I even get a light on, on the switch but lights won't turn on, and is cuz I'm missing those wires. Is this set for a different honda ? I have an 06 civic EX 2dr Please Help ?

alectba9 <---- this person made a comment on the same thing as me but no one really gave him an answer what to do, or what was wrong.

Thanx

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think the set he bought was not OEM. where did you buy the kit from? call them up and tell them what is going on. they should make it right.

purehonda03

5+ Year Member
Fixed

About my problem with my fog lights and the missing blue and purple wires. After reading everyones concern about missing those 2 wires, I did what one of the guys was saying for to fix the problem, check the ground wire and make sure is done correctly and guess what, they turned on. I wanna to let anyone know that if you get after market Fog lights for your 8th generation civic ex like mine you'll be missing the blue and purple wire, you won't need them so don't worry just do everything else you're supposed to and make sure the ground wire is done right, they will work.

Thanx

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ah. i coulda told you that, but you said you had OEM fog lights. those 2 missing wires are for the light on the dash letting you know your fogs are on. you will notice you dont have it. and i guess the other one some how makes it so you can have your fogs on without headlights being on. and they come on with the alarm i believe