1998 ex dd slow build

emerican

Registered VIP
I purchased this car for 2300 bone stock with 177,000 miles on it. I apoligize for the tiny pics you have to click for some reason image shack makes thems small even when i tell it not to resize.
day i got it

Its gonna be a slow build as i work a crappy job and go to college so not alot of funds.
Aem sri ngk plugs and wires summit distributor cap and rotor button front and rear strut tower bars cant see it but also put in accel super igntion coil.

si style grill got it on flea bay fit is fine though so it was a good cheap buy.

Yonaka cat back exhaust and rear lower tie bar put on

Newest work done to her yesterday
Front lower tie bar put on

t handle tap wrech diy fix to broken hood release handle looks better IMO

debadged the rear exceot for the honda h

Facotry cd player gave up so threw in old school pionner cant complain it works and i gave 10 bucks for it

Headlight resteration looks alot better easier to see in person just the sandpaper diy headlight resteration.
after

before

Future plans waiting on megan 4-2-1 header to arrive when it gets her dropping the oil pan to replace the gasket while the exhaust manifold is out of the way. Going to paint a few small things under the hood already got the paint just got to find time. 50/50 tails saving for a few more engine mods and lip kit

A few more pics of her clean ass engine bay

Let me know what you think. Once again i apolgize for tiny pictures i have uploaded them to image shake multiple times but every time it resizes them even when i tell it not too.

zboyracer

5+ Year Member
I found your thread =) I posted up about your s-tech question on mine. I think it looks pretty good. Your car is basically where I want mine to be for a daily driver, give or take. I feel you on the slow build and lack of funds due to college... Sigh, one day I might have money to play with. How do you like your exhaust? I have been seeing a lot of people on the site running it recently. GLWB!

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
You have a very clean engine bay indeed. What kind of upper strut bar do you have over your engine bay?

emerican

Registered VIP
Thank you thats what im thinking of getting for mine when i can scrap up the money. I want the header skunk2 intake mani and a b series throttle body and im done with the engine for a while. I love the exhaust easy to put on no fitment issues sounds great and only 230 shipped.

Thank you roidbear for the complement on the engine bay takes alot to cheap it that way and it is the sport jdm strut tower bar i think they sell them on flea bay not sure my friend had the front and rear ones in blue new in the wrapper and i only gave 10 bucks a piece for them so i couldnt pass up the deal. and they matcheed the blue theme under the hood.

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
Thank you thats what im thinking of getting for mine when i can scrap up the money. I want the header skunk2 intake mani and a b series throttle body and im done with the engine for a while. I love the exhaust easy to put on no fitment issues sounds great and only 230 shipped.

Thank you roidbear for the complement on the engine bay takes alot to cheap it that way and it is the sport jdm strut tower bar i think they sell them on flea bay not sure my friend had the front and rear ones in blue new in the wrapper and i only gave 10 bucks a piece for them so i couldnt pass up the deal. and they matcheed the blue theme under the hood.
I like that strut bar! and that's a really good deal you got on the front and rear struts! I'm going to check into them and see if I can find myself a nice pair like that. Thanks for the info bro

dorcus

Old f**ker
5+ Year Member
What is that you put on the hood release? Mine is broken too, and I need to do something instead of using pliers like I keep doing.

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah it was a good deal just cause it was a buddy that owed me a favor cause i work on all of his cars. I talked to him yesterday he says there on ebay but they are like 30 a piece or more.

emerican

Registered VIP
What is that you put on the hood release? Mine is broken too, and I need to do something instead of using pliers like I keep doing.
Its a t handle tap wrench it works great all you gotta do it strip the plastic off the hood release cable cut the t handle to the lenght you need and tightin it on there. Wont break wont come off you can get them at hardware stores home depot etc looks better than the stock handle IMO.

emerican

Registered VIP
Update Got a few little things painted under the hood got the megan 4-2-1 header on and fixed my oil leak it was the oil pan gasket which was a huge pain in the ass exucse the dirty engine bay not done cleaning it yet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

emerican

Registered VIP
Not much of an update really got the 50/50 tails and got them on. Sorry for night pictures, but i put them on at night so best i can do.

emerican

Registered VIP
Anybody wants a pair of stock 98 tails in perfect condition no cracks or anything just throw me a offer on them be willing to take almost anything as they will never go back on the car.

civrex

5+ Year Member
nice progress! and i like you hood release im thinking of making something like that lol.

emerican

Registered VIP
lol yeah ive heard of cali prices on rides lol.
civrex thank you and yeah i really am glad i did it so i dont have to use needle noses every time to open my hood lol its really simple took me 5 min and didnt cost me nothing cause i had the t handle tap wrench laying around my shop.

emerican

Registered VIP
ecivick- thanks man

Dj yeah they look alot better than stock IMO i paid 60 for them so its not like its a expensive mod or anything, but looks alot better to me defintly worth it.

emerican

Registered VIP
No updates as of right now except i just paid off the loan i got to buy it. So after i go to the dentist and pay my insurance both of which are coming up I will have an extra 150 a month to buy parts for it so the build can actually make some real progress.