1998 ex dd slow build

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All nice & shiny, I love getting new parts, I might have to wait a while the get shiny stuff.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice stuff, fellow GA shout out! lol.

emerican

Registered VIP
dj the wait will be worth it i also love shiny parts lol its been a little while since i got anything for the car so when i saw a member selling this i jumped on it.
Donovan772 - Hell yeah for more GA people on here and thanks man i think its coming along slowly but surly as soon as i buy college books for next quater if i have enough left im getting the lip kit for it if not then i will have to wait till next payday.

emerican

Registered VIP
Had the megan high flow on for a while now happy with it. Won a bet with my stepdad about if i didnt do the defoulers that iyt would throw a check engine light it did so he had to repull everything and install the defoulers.

tdaddyross

Had the megan high flow on for a while now happy with it. Won a bet with my stepdad about if i didnt do the defoulers that iyt would throw a check engine light it did so he had to repull everything and install the defoulers.
hey how do u like ur megan headers im thinkin bout gettin some cuz there pretty cheap

Last edited:

emerican

Registered VIP
The megan header is great i love it cheap, fit was perfect, no problems what so ever looks good tiny bit of power increase but header on a d series is never going to do much and i didnt expect it to.

tdaddyross

The megan header is great i love it cheap, fit was perfect, no problems what so ever looks good tiny bit of power increase but header on a d series is never going to do much and i didnt expect it to.
the one im getting is for b series im doing a ls swap for cheap

emerican

Registered VIP
In talks with a member to get a b series tbody for the car hopefully will get it soon

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm liking it. Do you ever get tired of silver?

emerican

Registered VIP
tdaddyross - yes it will fit bolt patterns are exactly the same bolts right up stock y8 tbody is 55mm b series is 60mm so its a decent cheap upgrade no reason to go bigger than 60mm on a NA d series anyway. port matching intake opening to it so it will work well enough untill i upgrade the intake mani
osiris19- i get a little tired of the silver but then i think about all the future plans for the exterior and silver is the only color i can think of that will match up good other colors will but not enough to justify a new paintjob.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahh, I see. I never liked silver. There are too many silver cars on the road.

emerican

Registered VIP
I didnt really either untill i got this car, but i paid 2300 for it it had a stack of recipts and maitence records the entire ac system had just been done just had oil channge new radiater new wiper blades like that day and a bunch of other stuff and good stock hondas are hard to find in my area much less with a bunch of new parts done by a reputable shop.
Eventually its getting front and rear lip black housed headlights and maybe cf hood ill see how it all goes leaving it all black if i dont like it worse case is paint match it or paint the car. I got a buddy that does paint cheap anyway

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up amen to vsm civics! lol some good progress bro, keep it up! :thumbs up

emerican

Registered VIP
Thanks man its very slowly coming along. Im more of a motor and suspension work guy always have been no matter what car so the exterior and all will be one of the last things done and im on a very slim budegt so it may be awhile lol.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
we're on the same boat my brother..
with a tight budget as well,
suspension and resistance comes first to me,
i mean if youre going to want 200+hp out of a car
that was meant for 130-160hp youre going to want to
upgrade your stopping power first lol
then motor..then ext, and then int is dead last haha
it can be hard to hit all 4 targets at once,
but not impossible :P

emerican

Registered VIP
im not looking for 200 plus out of it it will be like 160 dead max by the time im done on the motor if i wanted more id boost it, but im just doing bolt ons and small stuff to have something to work on i work full time and go to school and its my dd so it cant be down for any real build time so im just sticking to bolt ons and all. I mechanic on the side as well so i dont really have much time to work on it.
Motor is getting 60mm tbody skunk2 or blox intake mani and then im moving to suspension for a while i will move back to motor to do cam cam gear and a couple more things then get it tuned and call it a day it will prolly make like 130-140 at the wheels which is fine with me ive built my share of fast cars so the civic is just my fun dd to tinker with lol.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i meant it hypothetically bro lol
but i feel ya, same s**t with me :P
school, work, life, gf, list goes on..so im also waiting for some spare
time to be able to put some real wrench-work on mine..
that intake mani (either skunk2 or blox) will be a little beast lol i love those things

emerican

Registered VIP
i miss my boosted car lol i whish i could boost this one.
Im tuned in for the real wrench time on your man will be a good build for sure.
I love them too ive installed 6 for my friends on y8's and b sereis its not really as hard as everydy seems to think. its time consuming but it isnt that hard.