1998 ex dd slow build

Cooper76

Nice looking build. Almost looks like my car! I have to ask ya, how much of a difference do the upper and lower strut bars make on the car? I've been thinking about putting them on my car for some better handling.

emerican

Registered VIP
The lower tie bars i could tell a small difference when i put the front one on the rear one i couldnt tell any difference from not having it. The strut tower bars make a noticable difference but not a whole lot. They are just the cheapest and simplest way to improve handling a little bit. For the money i have in them though im glad i got them.

titansfan

Damn man looks pretty good. As i said before this probably my personal favortie body style for the civic it is just amazing. So far it's going pretty well for ya looks nice under the hood really clean which is always a good thing. I completely understand the college job situation i'm in the same boat that and i don't know as much about cars as you and other guys on here so i'm a lil bit more up the creek. But so far so good seem to be well on your way. You got any plans for her next?

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
man I can't wait to get my 50/50s now, your's look great

emerican

Registered VIP
Damn man looks pretty good. As i said before this probably my personal favortie body style for the civic it is just amazing. So far it's going pretty well for ya looks nice under the hood really clean which is always a good thing. I completely understand the college job situation i'm in the same boat that and i don't know as much about cars as you and other guys on here so i'm a lil bit more up the creek. But so far so good seem to be well on your way. You got any plans for her next?
You will figure all the car stuff out man i used to not be able to change oil when i first started getting intp cars since then i built a 5.0 HO and a boosted 4g63 and done a million things to friends cars i mechanic on the side both mods and maitence from hondas to chevy 350's and now im having funb tinkering with my little dd civic lol.
Not nessarly in this order, but she will get front and rear lip kit, repaint the side skirts since there faded, black housed oem headlights, Skunk2 intake manifold and b series t-body lower it 1.5 -2.0 most likely on tein s techs.
I got blue leds for the license plate lights and dome light coming they cost me all of 6 bucks so i figured what the hell. Lip kits should be ordered in a month tops.

Soon2bsick- i know man i really love the 50/50 tails you need to get yours on man it will look real clean.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CF is just sick in general, I would spend all the money I could get to have some.

emerican

Registered VIP
any thing will fit with the money and knowhow. H series swaps are very possible not the cheapest swap you could go with, but very possible.
On the cf subject i have toyed around with that idea cf hood and trunk still not decided either way its alot of money for what i get out of it.

tdaddyross

any thing will fit with the money and knowhow. H series swaps are very possible not the cheapest swap you could go with, but very possible.
On the cf subject i have toyed around with that idea cf hood and trunk still not decided either way its alot of money for what i get out of it.
i say one or the other dnt get both it looks funny like its tight but it looks like a stripe of black goin down ur car i say trunk be unique u see hoods all the time

emerican

Registered VIP
^ yeah i agree i wouldnt do both since it will take awhile for the lips im getting and grill i ahve to get paint matched it would be to much black on the car for me if i had them both. May check the prices on the trunks see what i can get one for. it will defintly be a last priotiry mod though after all current plans are done.

emerican

Registered VIP
Small update took out the old ass pioneer worth maybe 40 bucks and put in a very nice almost new sony screen display ipod hookup etc retails for 180 and i got it for 20 bucks and my old radio off my buddy.
Also added blue led's license plate lights got a dome light with it but it didnt fit but its all good only got 6 bucks in all of it and the plate lights are worth that to me.

Will have at the very least the front lip ordered by next friday my payday. It will most likely be front and rear lip tohugh.

emerican

Registered VIP
led's are much brighter than the picture shows, but it was done with a crappy camera.

emerican

Registered VIP
Yep shipped off flea bay i only paid 6 bucks with free shipping for the license plate lights and a blue led dome light. Like i said before dome light didnt work out, but i dont rreally care. The install took like 5 min there bright they look good i couldnt be happier best 6 bucks ive spent on the car lol.
In the talks with a member on here so possibly high flow cat for it not sure yet.

kempas

very nice, ur ride is coming along nicely =) 50/50 mod looks sweet.

for the t-handle: is there a certain size to get or just gotta match it up?

emerican

Registered VIP
I dont think the size really matters that much cause the t handle i had was made to tighten down so it just tightened down on there im not sure of the size of mine i found it in my shop one day and tried it and it worked been there ever since.

kempas

thanks for reply. i bought one from home depot, kobalt brand was $5, 1/8- 1/4 closure (was all they had too). works great! i just need to cut the handle and grind the end and thats it.

nice hint, good stuff, looks way better than a plastic handle. =)

Last edited:

emerican

Registered VIP
Yeah i think it looks better than the stock handle to. People who dont know my car always see it and ask about it like i just did it to do it lol. I just used a dremel to cut the handle and smoothed it off on my grinder i didnt try and get it perfect since i was doing it really late and other stuff on the car needed to be finished that night.

emerican

Registered VIP
Got the megan racing high flow cat coming from a member off here so once i get it it will be going on the car.
Defoulers will keep it from thorwing a cel in my face lol.