5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
140hp civic si put out the 200-220hp RSX...right...lol

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn it looks so good cant wait to see what the aftermarket companies will do to it

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that's f**kin queer if it's true, no more integra:(

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic31g said:
140hp civic si put out the 200-220hp RSX...right...lol
actually the power difference between the rsx-s and the 8th gen si is less than 10hp and the civic is probably lighter

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
actually the power difference between the rsx-s and the 8th gen si is less than 10hp and the civic is probably lighter
The specs on the new Si come out on the 1st of Sept...then we can all argue on the hp differences...but for now, Honda only released the base Civic @ 140 hp....I have no idea if they're keeping the standard LX, EX, DX etc models or if they're doing something similar to the RSX, where there's a base and a type S/whatever?!?!

The hope for the new Si is to put about 200 hp, but we'll see?!

SEMA article on civic

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they've already released that the new si will be rated at around 200hp

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, but you think the si is gonna have the same hp as the regular civic? plus honda execs. have said it will be the most powerfull and quickest si ever a bunch of times, so its going to be at least past 160. and its going to be a 2L. i'll place a bet on its going to be around 200

add another notch to honda's 100hp/liter n/a car list :thumbs up

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
its going to be at least past 160. and its going to be a 2L. i'll place a bet on its going to be around 200
you're proly right, but with the new ratings, I'm guessing closer to 190 hp ;) I could care less about +/- 10 hp...my main concern is price! I'm guessing it'll be around the $21K-$22K range.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
matts2ksi said:
Thanks Blazed for putting them on here...I have been in meetings all day and I just wanted to get those to the CC gang!!

And that's the thing...I don't know if that IS the production model or not!! I don't see any brembos?!? But I've got mixed reviews about it...The look resembles an accord a little, but thats OK! And there was talk about an LSD. And all the boys over at Club RSX are pissed cuz this new Si might put the RSX out of business/production...there's rumors flying around Acura that they will cut the RSX and throw out a $50K sports coupe?!?!?!?

Anyway, that's just my $.02

And also here's an azz shot:
i just thought they were pissed cause it had a LSD.

ReggieSD

PoPoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice...can't wait to see it come out..i myself will test drive one. i'd like to see one come out one day beside and roll beside an rsx on a stop light....;)

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Engine type and number of cylinders Water-cooled in-line 4-cylinder
Displacement (cc) 1,799
Bore x Stroke (mm) 81 x 87.3
Max. Output (horsepower/rpm) 2 140
Max. Torque (lb-ft./rpm) 2 128
Compression Ratio 10.5:1

*All values according to Honda in-house calculations

The only on to reach 200hp+ wil be the RR. They're doing it to compete wth the 1s250 and mx-5. I saw the rr ina delae4rship in london 5 days ago. I was there fro 10 days helping y sis move in. It has a crazy exhaist. Like triangular twin exhaust crazy. It has a momo wheel, recaros. lacked out windows. It says like 240hp for the rr. The guy said it has launch control or something too.,

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The Grim Sleeper said:
DUDE... Coolla S is wack lol.. My mom staight owned one in a 90 auto Accord haha
hey..accords are faster than stock civics eh? 8)

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
matts2ksi said:
you're proly right, but with the new ratings, I'm guessing closer to 190 hp ;) I could care less about +/- 10 hp...my main concern is price! I'm guessing it'll be around the $21K-$22K range.[/QUOTE

i think in that thread about the new ratings, the article said it was only going to go down to 197 or maybe that was the dc5 not sure though

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
King Bob said:
what what what !!!!!!!! IS that pix of the 06 si where did you get those. The specs have not even been officially released!
I dont see specs, I see PICTURES.......

And yeah thanks whoever hosted those in here, b/c there are only Red X's on that website.