98 Hatch slow motion build.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I didn't get to put the transmission back in the car today, because my dad called me with an emergency that I had to go help with...... wasted my Sunday... oh well.

By the time I got home, I had emails from craigslist and ended up going to pick these up. 2000 Si front seats.

The drivers seat has a little wear and tear on the seat bottom, but much better than the seats I had that looked like a dog ate them.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Newest acquisition. 2000 Integra GS-R brakes, front and rear.

I also got the transmission bolted back up this morning, but it rapidly got too hot in my garage to continue working. Fortunately, I'm off tomorrow as well.
I'm eager to drive this car for the first time.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This build needs more views :P

I'm diggin where this is going!

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This build needs more views :P

I'm diggin where this is going!
Thank!

Project is about to slow down a little for a while though. I've exceeded my budget for it for this month and I've been neglecting some out my home care duties and my pool is starting to green (I will never buy another house with a pool!).

Next on the list though ours to get it registered and insured and pin the road to get done body shop quotes.

Also, going to take the Si seats apart so the wife can make a pattern from the stock seat covers and make me some custom seat upholstery.

Don't think 13" wheels will fit with the GS-R brakes either, so I guess I've got to find some (or decide on some) wheels too.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool that your wife does upholstery!

And yeah pools are a huge pain in the ass. :lol:

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cool that your wife does upholstery!

And yeah pools are a huge pain in the ass. :lol:
She doesn't normally. She's made some baby clothes and pillow covers and some other things, but this will be her first attempt at something like an actual upholstery project. She says she can do it though. So we'll see.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maiden Voyage!

It wasn't easy. I had to pump out 5 gallons of year old bad gas, mix a concoction of B12, fuel system treatments, fuel stabilizers and a few gallons of new gas.... it was a struggle, at first, but now she's running and starting every time..... transmission is whisper quiet, and the shifter seems to move into all the gears with ease.

It's not insured and not registered, plates, inspection and registration are two years expired, and there are far too many cars parked on the street at the moment... so backed out of the garage and pulled back in.... I may run it down the street and back later this evening. And I'll have it insured, registered and inspected by Wednesday.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've located someone with a DAP hatch for sale (that also has almost the same wheels my old DAP hatch had.... creepy) which I may be picking up as a new daily driver/project... if I do, I'll be putting this red one up for sale.
Stay Tuned.

Old hatch pick for reference.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, the DAP car I went to look at had absolutely no clear coat left anywhere on it, and much rust.. and broken door handles... and missing or broken interior pieces all over. So that was a no go.

I did pick this up today though.... and the red one will be going bye, bye.

One owner, 100k miles, never modified in any way.... even has the original radio.... a few dents and dings in places, but otherwise clean as ****!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice!! Plan on doing a five speed swap?

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice!! Plan on doing a five speed swap?
:afrocorrect:

I've already picked up a free d-series transmission I'm going to tear apart and see if it's useable... it's been sitting under someone's carport for a year and a half and on the outside is a little weathered looking.
Ordered clutch pedal assembly, brake pedal assembly, and master/slave clutch cylinders and lines... most everything else I'll need I think I have packed up in boxes somewhere in my garage or elsewhere.
Although I'm really up in the air about whether to convert to 5speed now, or wait and decide what I want to do about a motor.

First order of business though.... wheels and tires! I haven't had to commute on cheap tires in many, many years... I got the car from a tiny used car dealership, and they had to cheapest tires imaginable installed on this car... I believe it actually says on the tire "Traction Sold Separately." My parts guys at work are calling our wholesalers to find me the best deal on some wheels and tires.
And then the items below went on this evening. (wipers, passenger axle seal)
She's got a tapping at cold start, so this weekend I'll be adjusting valves at some point to take care of that.

I've also ordered a new radio, as the stock, original radio is tricky! It's a craps shoot as to whether the volume knob turns the volume up or down, and seems to be able to do either function in either direction. (ordered Alpine CDE-HD149BT)

Hopefully Wednesday I'll be taking it to my paint and body guys to get a quote on fixing the dents and dings and paint.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Old Red as it sits now up for sale.

In case you're thinking the headliner looks weird, it's suede that I haven't brushed all in one direction, because I didn't think about it until just now....
And now that I have a buyer coming tomorrow to pick her up, Old Red is starting up and running every time I try it. More evidence of that cars hatred for me.

Quote on Silver's paint and body work to get it back looking factory fresh is upwards of $4k, that was just my first estimate though... going to try a few other places. The guy I'd like to do the job is so loaded up, he doesn't have any idea when he could get the car in to work on it, and couldn't give me an estimate because he was super, super busy when I came by.
A load of goodies are already in the mail and on their way though. I just wish I could decide on wheels. It's between Buddyclub P1 Racing SF's (in gunmetal), O.Z. Superturismo GT's (in white or grey) or Enkei NT03+M's... all in 17 inch form.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
First real aftermarket part for my car... new energy suspension polyurethane steering rack bushing, to eliminate the terrible knocking noise from my passenger front... there was almost none of the original rubber bushing left.

Someone had previously tried to fix the knocking noise by tightening the mounting bolts even more.. damaged the bracket by tearing the holes in the bracket (forgot to take a picture)... I replaced them with new bolts with larger washers.

Also took some exhaust measurements, because the Si is getting it's stock exhaust back, because the wife doesn't like the loud... so I'm going to see if I can mate it up to this car.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A little swag that came in this week.

Unfortunately I didn't realize the part# for the oem mud flaps was only for the fronts... I've since looked up the part number for the rears, and they should be on their way next week.

Fronts 08P08-S01-100
Rears 08P09-S04-100

I was also trying to pick up some EX front lower control arms off ebay, so I could install a sway bar on the front... but the seller sent me DX control arms. I've filed a complaint, but no word on when I'll get the correct arms or my money back.

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Every good story needs a beginning.

Once upon a time....

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Recent acquisitions.

Integra Subframe/control arms

2000 Si parking brake cables and assorted suspension bushings and parts.

2008 Civic Si catalytic converter.

Most recent photo.

Last edited:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pictures aren't working for me :(