act440's slow 98 s10 build

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 2.2 is poop, I hate that engine. definitely need a swap.
don't get me wrong, its not the best motor, but its not that bad. i've had zero problems with it since my swap, its not terrible on gas, not good, but not bad, and it runs like a top. ill never swap this again unless the motor blows again. that's stupid to say it needs a swap when i just spent 4 months swapping it already.

in other news i talked to the guy with the side mirror today and he got called into work so ill be picking it up either saturday or sunday for the listed price, no point in talking down a steal!
Also, i found myself some spare time today so i looked at the truck and looked for something i could work on, well i found something, my amazingly restrictive stock intake piping. Between the gigantic main intake box, or the outlandish intake silencer, it was just too restrictive for my liking, and i had some spare parts laying around so why not put a short ram on it? i wasn't expecting power gains, just better breathe ability, which it gave me.

pictures!

my stock restrictive air box ^

^used a pvc cap as a my intake silencer delete, used some pvc cleaner to clean both the cap and my intake elbow, then added blue pvc glue to both and slapped it on there. waited about fifteen minutes and it was solid as a rock.

^finished product and im pretty happy with it, was a basic install so it was a breeze. and it is way cooler looking then stock plus it might've given me a little more power and a lot more breathe ability compared to the stock setup v

Also took a couple pictures of the fender i replaced and painted myself, yes it has no pinstripe but soon i will be using an eraser wheel followed by some rubbing compound to get rid of the rest of it on both sides.
pictures! v

stay tuned for the mirror install and more!

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright guys well yesterday was a pretty eventful St. Patricks day, i celebrated it with my family by eating traditional irish food, as im a full half irish, then i spent the rest of my day carting drunks around in my girlfriends mothers car using her gas for 10 bucks a person. I later then got my mirror as promised and being that i drove my girlfriends dads sexy ass Cummins i am buying off him one day to pick it up, he threw me a free set of ram headlights and a spare wheel for a 1 ton ram.

pictures!

^ brand new in box just as promised

^different mirrors are gross, time to change that!

^to access the bolts to the mirror properly without bending the hell out of my door panel, i had to remove it

^ door panel off

^ new mirror, perfect condition

^ new mirror to match the driver side

overall i'm very happy with how this looks even though then locking position is more angled then the driver side but its nothing some tinkering won't fix!
Also just got a new job with a higher income so looks like more funding will hope fully lead to a new vehicle which will lead to some time to slam this b***h on some 18's =)
stay tuned!

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Nice man, Atleast your not rocking two differant mirrors anymore..... Mabey the old one was from a Sanoma?

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice man, Atleast your not rocking two different mirrors anymore..... Maybe the old one was from a Sonoma?
yeah i'm not sure i'm just glad to have it taken off of my never ending list of things i want to fix/replace haha

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not sure if any of you even follow this anymore but i have a pretty big update in the works, so if your in for a surprise stay tuned for mad pictures tonight/tomorrow!

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also can a mod please put this in its proper section, it was not supposed to go in the 4th gen section, thanks.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Not sure if any of you even follow this anymore but i have a GIGANTIC update in the works, so if your in for a surprise stay tuned for mad pictures tonight/tomorrow!
Better be a 350 swap or somethin...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In for updates

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put that bish on air!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well im really interested to see what ur gonna do then..,

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well im really interested to see what ur gonna do then..,

nowhere near as extreme as air. it something ive been wanting to do for a little bit, but it wont be s**t to you Mr. King of the MiniTrucks.

i will say that within the next few months my truck will have a sonoma front end conversion and be on 20's.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice dude. And im not even close to the king of minitrucks...

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice dude. And im not even close to the king of minitrucks...

yeah i was being a little dramatic haha
but you definitely are on CC!

there are a few guys where im at in ohio that could give you a run for your money, bt none of them are running a turbo rotary in theres :thumbs up

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BAM!

Belltech 2/3 drop kit
DJM drop shocks
wheels painted black
no hood wind visor

will upload pictures of the whole process later.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks pretty damn good!