act440's slow 98 s10 build

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well, i'm lost as to what to do. i'm going to be purchasing another vehicle here very shortly, but i cannot decide on what i want. i;m going to be keeping the s10 so she will be going no where. but right now its between a 2011 red crz lowered on some bronze enkeis, and a 2006 dodge ram 2500 cummins. my two favorite things have always been dodge diesels and hondas. any help guys?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cummins hands down...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
:wstupid:

Hybrids are goin out of style, diesel is the future. And u can never go wrong with a cummins.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
see and thats what i was thinking, i know how to work on Cummins' pretty well, due to previous mechanical training in diesel and gas motors. plus in my book cummins has the best running diesel motor out of any heavy duty pick up. and another bonus is nothing is more bad ass then a 8000 pound diesel truck whooping all over a fast car, and leaving it in a cloud of black smoke of course :]

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only weak point to the dodge is the tranny. Always has been.

But im die hard mopar til i die. Well truck wise atleast...

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and then the rain from hurricane Sandy ruined my day...

i'll be needing the following:

-hood
-driver fender
-headlight
-headlight harness
-hids
-grill
-front bumper
-front bumper cover
-driver door

and i figured being that i'll be ripping the hole front end apart it'd be a choice opportunity to hit up LMC Truck and purchase a whole new Sonoma front end swap, with a billet grill insert. She's down for the count, but not out, in due time she'll have a Sonoma front clip and be multicolored until i can afford to repaint her. I'll keep ya'll updated as the parts fly in.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I vote envoy front end swap!

Thats too bad about the damage though!

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I vote envoy front end swap!

Thats too bad about the damage though!
i mean i first fell in love with the sonoma front clip when they did it in mini truckin magazine

but i have thought about the envoy front end but i like the older front end like such

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like em both :what: as long as its custom its cool in my book!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The nice thing about minis is that u can do whatever u want and nobody is gonna tell u they think its stupid lol.

Do what u like best man!

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The nice thing about minis is that u can do whatever u want and nobody is gonna tell u they think its stupid lol.

Do what u like best man!
im more contemplating on piecing together used parts for a front clip or blowing 800 bucks on a full brand new clip from LMC, so many decisions!:cussing:

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where is this now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, i've been super busy lately and have been neglecting the truck. Me and my business partner are actually completely body working and repainting a 745i BMW right now. Can post pictures if requested.

As for status of the SDime, she now has a black hood, a new black blazer grill, new headlights, new fenders, shaved doors, and a AVS door popper kit. Once this beemer is out of shop, ill be finishing replacing what i feel necessary (such as a shaved tail gate, front bumper, and roll pan) dropping it down to a 5/7 or a 6/8, then body working the whole thing, and repainting it along with some new wheels. Roads are super s***ty around here in Ohio so im hesitant on going super low on a static drop, so it really depends if I manage to get another daily and really make this a project. Chances are It'll going down to a 5/7 though. Thinking about air shocks because I've heard they superior ride quality compared to the DJM drop shocks I'm on now. Any opinions?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just bag it. You will be happier in the end and they have everything in the world available for s10s

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just bag it. You will be happier in the end and they have everything in the world available for s10s
down the road its a strong possibility. but right now i just want to have a good looking, static dropped, clean mini daily.

on another note, stepside or fleetside?