act440's slow 98 s10 build

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hate stepside trucks...
i'm 50/50 on stepsides. i like them because there isn't any around here that are mini trucks. i dislike the rear section where the step is. if it only had the step in the front where it meets the cab then transitions into a fleetside id be all for it, but i'm unsure right now. my bed needs alot of small dents pulled and filled, it's nothing i can't handle, but its more then i originally planned on doing.

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, for the very few of you who actually pay any small amount of attention to this "build" i haven't been in here in quite some time. So for the few of you I'll take a second and fill you in on my life for the past few months.
I managed to get promoted in my job at OReilly Auto Parts, and am now a full time Assistant Store Manager with full benefits at only 19 years old. I
the truck got worked on here and there and managed to accomplish some stuff like finally get both new fenders on, completely re wire my shaved door harness, put new drop shocks on it, get new wheels for it, but nothing too major. it then got put aside because i finally bought a honda.
In august I purchased a semi rusty, high milage 94 integra ls. it was 100% stock and well taken care of minus the honda cancer. it stayed stock for awhile until i put a KTuned triple adjustable B series short throw shifter in it with a Buddy Club type A delrin shift knob, and i also threw in some energy suspension shifter bushings. I then shortly there after put in a dc sports short ram intake.
I drove it like this for quite some time until one day i noticed something that sounded like a slight exhaust leak. I figured it was the donut gasket on the resonator section because i just dropped it down to pull the linkage out to do the shifter and neglected to replace it, so i went to work and ordered one up. but when i left work that night i started driving home it immediately went from a slight hum into a blaring open header like noice.
i proceeded to make it home with both my ear drums in tact and then looked under it to see if i could see anything and thats when i saw the problem. it wasnt my donut gasket from the jump. the weld on my resonator rusted and completely broke off and i was driving it open header. so i went the cheap route and straight piped the resonator, and it still sounds nice and quiet. if i get on it, it is a deep throaty tone, but stealthy if need be.
and that is where my modifications ended because i realized that a car that was that rusty and had as many miles as mine has that i rather put my money into a better starting platform, and just daily it for the good gas mileage it got.
so i continued to do so until one day i was in sandusky for a manager meeting for my work when i was sitting at a red light and was then rear ended by someone at 20 mph who slid on black ice, whom i later found out was carrying a false insurance card so now i have a beat up car and get to go through the long drawn out process of going through a civil suit.
the rear end of my integra got smashed in pretty good but i planned on fixing it, that was up until yesterday.
i went out to my car in the morning and started it, she fired up just fine like usual even though we have been in the single digits for the past month here in ohio. i drove to work and parked it. about 3 hours later i go out and get in it to run to speedway, and when i start it my car starting knocking terribly. i shut it off and checked all fluids,. they were fine. rolled the car back to check for leaks, they were fine. and now ever since then it has a terrible knock for no reason..the car drove and ran perfect earlier that day, and i hadnt beaten on it at all that day ( i rarely ever do) so now i have no clue what happened, or why it has started knocking. maybe i spun a rod bearing. i dont really know what to do, ot what went wrong, but chances are it wont be getting fixed. the car is still smashed up and rusty, and has 284k all original miles. so i am lost as to what im doing yet. but ill be sure to keep you guys posted.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well that sucks. Just drive the dime!

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well that sucks. Just drive the dime!
the dime has to get finished getting fixed first!

might be purchasing an 08 pontiac g5 (aka chevy cobalt) just as a low mileage, fuel efficient daily. I much rather find a honda, but around here you cannot find one at a reasonable price with less than 150k that isnt rusty.
So if i do purchase the g5 that will give me more of a reason to put more TLC into the dime to make it my summer time mini cruiser. ill be working on it these next few days so hopefully ill have pics to follow.
ill keep ya'll updated

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not than anyone even pays attention to this thread, but I have been quite busy lately. Got a new job, bought another truck that i have already slammed, and another integra. If anyone cares then I'll post pics.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not than anyone even pays attention to this thread, but I have been quite busy lately. Got a new job, bought another truck that i have already slammed, and another integra. If anyone cares then I'll post pics.

I care! In for pics =)

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do it man! No one gives a s**t about other people's builds, I've been dumping pics in my own thread for fun basically lol. Pics are always awesome, so is seeing something different. Do it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

:thumbs up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

This is Mater. (hence the hand painting on the tailgate)
1989 Toyota Pickup Base
-22R carbureted
-4 speed manual
-only 72k on it
-has manual steering, windows etc.
-15x8 +2 Bart Racing wheels wrapped in Yokohama Avids
-toyota 4x4 fenders that have been rolled (they're wider to help deal the offset of the wheels)
-rolled and pulled bed
-dropped on djm spindles and coils up front with a ball joint flip
-rear has 4 inches of blocks
hopefully soon after i get my teg up and running (pics soon to come) I'll have the money for DJM front lower control arms to drop the front more and djm leafs to get rid of some of those blocks.
more pictures soon to follow gents!

act440

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whelp, I finally have both of my integras in my shop. My old grey Ls is getting stripped and scrapped and the parts will either be used on the new black RS or sold. It sucks the new one is only an RS but it still has power windows and locks and rear discs, and its a DC teg so i love it already. It is super clean and has a full gsr interior with leathers, cluster etc, and it will soon be getting taken out and sold off because tan interior is a huge fail. I promise I'll post pictures as i go.
Specs and plans as of now:
1994 Integra RS
no motor no trans
full GSR tan leather interior, with GSR cluster etc
absolutely no rust

Possible B20 longblock from HMO with gsr trans while i build my lsvtec from the grey car
full hard race alignment parts (control arms, camber kit, toe kit etc)
Function and Form type 1s
Black GSR leather interior
Body work and Respray it black
Stance Mindset 16x8s
Yokohama Avids

There is still alot more to cover and I really need to get started working on them but that will have to wait until next week because I am leaving the great state of Ohio friday night to drive to Indiana for Camp and Drag. I'll be out there all weekend with a group of my buddies. So if any of the 5 of you who pay attention to this thread will be attending and see my old yota next to a red bagged and bodied Nissan on escalade wheels, a really slammed static black ranger, and a bagged and bodied s10 on 24s, stop and say whats up and drink a few.

I'm sure I'll have some mini truck spam to fill this poor excuse for a tread after this weekend.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See. I posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk