Airbags

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys this is kinda a two part question.

First of all, i was wondering if anyone has an allround airbag suspension system for their ride.

Secondly, How much did you Airbags, compressor, tanks and everything cost alltogether?

I am looking into airbags for my ride in the far future and just want some opinions or experiences.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well airbags and civic dun really mix but w/e floats ur boat. were u wanting it for show or just cruzin adn stop at the gas station and get looks? well i dun really know the answer but if u do sum research u will find out pricing and tips on installation.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo...civic_on_air has his si on bags. he put on a little show for us at the norcal meet. hopefully he gets around to reading this thread

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Airbags on civics are ricey and stupid.. otherwise they're not bad..

the full kit will cost you around $1000 (for front-back-side-side). if you just want front-back, it'll be around $800. You'll probably end up having to get a lot of framework, or just another frame. When it's all said and done it'll cost you anywhere from $3000-$6000

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you even understand what you just said. You totally contradicted yourself. I don't understand how that would be ricey... I think more like pimpin...

Anyways, thanks for the price range at least, i live in Canada so i don't know if those were US$ or Euros or friggin Yen, but i need Canadian dollars. Lol. I don't think i will need to get a new frame man... they just bolt on where my springs were...

I kinda wanted replies from people WITH airbags, not bashers who can't afford them...biyatch

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you even understand what you just said. You totally contradicted yourself. I don't understand how that would be ricey... I think more like pimpin...
pfft!.. rice.. pimpin' if it was on like a blazer or something

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey munky, you don't know what you're talking about. Just a pair of airbags costs the price you quoted, and I don't need a new frame. I talked to the guys at Air Ride and they said it will be around 3 grand Canadian for a full system. I have neons and am getting a Body kit so i don't want anything scraping. Is it ricey to want something thats flossy and makes your ride smooth? You probably wouldn't be callin' it ricey if you had airbags. Anyways about all that rice crap, i don't think you can classify anything suspension as ricey. It is almost a must for a show car to have adjustable suspension. Anyways, if you are calling things ricey then why do you drive a HONDA???

Holly Golightly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bags aren't ricey unless you use them that way. If they have a purpose then go for it. It's what YOU like, not what other people like.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slykandi
Bags aren't ricey unless you use them that way. If they have a purpose then go for it. It's what YOU like, not what other people like.
Thank you skykandi. Its people like you that make boards like this worthwhile.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sally. tell eric to get on this thread. and let him know i have people's money too

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, the whole air bag set up in canadian $s with front back side and side will be at LEASE 4 Gs... it's way too heavy in my opinion, but of course if your car is show and no go, go right ahead

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't even want side to side, let alone a huge tank to make it go fast. I just want
a) some way to adjust my rdie height easily (for driveways, and general bumpy rides)
b) a smoother ride
c) a way to drop it when its parked.

I think losing the side to side means i can have a cheaper valve set-up or whatever, and i can definately have a smaller tank, like a 3 gallon rather then a 5 gallon. Air Ride quoted me $799 for a pair of front airstruts, $799 for rear airstruts and compressor systems starting at $699.

Holly Golightly

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dilemma- don't even listen to people who tell you about "all show no go" i swear thats so stupid, who gives a s**t. its one or the other, i personally would rather drive a car that looks good then something that looks like ass and is fast (speed is over-rated) =)

justin- done.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why though? i used to have that way of thinking. "i dont want to drive a car thats ugly" but civics arent ugly at all. so why make it slower than it already is? but i do agree with you that you dont need to listen to these people that say your car is rice. and also. its your car dood, make it the way you want to be. if other people dont like it then it sucks to be them. you should put a sticker on your car that says "dont like my car? BLOW ME" i would but im poor. :(

civic_on_air

Ok heres the deal guys, Air ride isnt ricey at all. I agree with you Dilemma_cuts it is more like PIMPIN. They come factory on some cars. Maybe not as extreme. But air ride it air ride. And most people I have talked to and showed mine to like them, and are always wanting to play with mine. Now as for weight addition it only added about 50 pounds to my car, now I know most stereo systems are more than that.

My system came with the 4 cans, 8 valves, all the fittings, all the hose, 2 compressors, a 7 gallon tank and 8 switches. from FBI. And it only costed me 1570 after tax. Now installing it is the expensive part. FBI wanted like 4 or 5 grand to install. Now I didnt want to spend, let alone have that much to spend, so I did it my self. Im not going to lie it was a b***h and a half beacuse i had to fabricate and weld 2 mounts for my tank and compressors into my trunk. But that was just beacuse I wanted a clean install. And I didnt want it to take up the whole trunk. You could ask anybody from the sac meet it came out good.

All and all after everything was said and done, and working perfect I spent 2000, and in my opinion it was well worth it. It is so much fun and it helps alot with getting up driveways and over bumps and stuff.... plus girls love it lol. Granted you could just throw it all together and spend less than 2000. But then you wont have any room in your trunk and it will look like s**t.

oh yea all those prices are in american. And who ever it was that said the s**t about needing a new frame your and idiot hondas dont have frames the have unibodies, i would like to see you try to switch out your unibody.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks civic_on_air, your post has been the most helpful. It looks like that FBI company has alot lower prices then Air Ride. Do they have a website? I was starting to get depressed because it looked like it was gunna be 4 or 5 grand. I don't need two compressors or a seven gallon tank so i think i can shave a good 3 hundred off what you told me. all in all it should be around 2500 Canadian, and i can get it installed locally for about 800 bucks.

Hey civic, can you mail me at Dilemma_cuts@hotmail.com and tell me more about your airbags. I am starting to get interested. Me, my gf and her dad are all splitting in on them so i might only have to scroung up around a grand or so...Dilemma_cuts@hotmail.com

munky

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey munky, you don't know what you're talking about. Just a pair of airbags costs the price you quoted, and I don't need a new frame. I talked to the guys at Air Ride and they said it will be around 3 grand Canadian for a full system. I have neons and am getting a Body kit so i don't want anything scraping. Is it ricey to want something thats flossy and makes your ride smooth? You probably wouldn't be callin' it ricey if you had airbags. Anyways about all that rice crap, i don't think you can classify anything suspension as ricey. It is almost a must for a show car to have adjustable suspension. Anyways, if you are calling things ricey then why do you drive a HONDA???
I know two ppl who have bags.. I was basing it off their prices (Silverado, and a Blazer). Also, ricey is when you do a lot of unneccessary things for show.. And I wouldn't have bags on my civic, for that reason.. Coilovers are adjustable suspension, too. ^_- Just b/c I drive a honda doesn't mean I drive rice. Rice is when you worry more about looks then performance.. But whatever.... it's your money.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So you want to race and i want a cushy ride. Where the hell do you come off calling someone with a show car ricey. Thats alot of competition people you are talking to. I don't think airbags are unneccary. A turbo is unneccasary for me, so it it ricey?
Just shut yer yap and get off this thread, i don't want your opinion.