Airbags

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civic_on_air
My setup costed me about 1400, and thats with 2 compressors

and you can get a fully adjustable TEIN suspension setup w/ EDFC for $1g.....less then that if you shop around

civic_on_air

maybe you could but like I said I wouldnt need anything that good unlees I was going to us it for what was intended, which is cornering, right. So I would be wasting 1000 dollars on something i dont need. Which by the definitios earlier in this post, would be rice

civic_on_air

wow i just noticed you live in sac temp, cool how do you like the area? I just moved back here after 9 years of living in washigton state

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by civic_on_air
maybe you could but like I said I wouldnt need anything that good unlees I was going to us it for what was intended, which is cornering, right. So I would be wasting 1000 dollars on something i dont need. Which by the definitios earlier in this post, would be rice

yes and no, the original honda setup is how it is for a reason, because it offers performance, stability and comfort, air ride cannot do that and constantly altering the suspension geometry is not a good thing, and whomever said $1000 on something you dont need is rice is a moron, i would gladly drop 1g on a tein setup for my car (which i will be doing soon), rice is gawdy useless products placed on a car that does not facilitate the need for that product (like a FWD car w/ a wing)

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you guys are getting off topic. This thread was created by me so i could get advice from people with airbags, or people who know enough about them to teach me something. Now we have people arguing about coilovers and why they are worth the money. I don't care about coilovers, if i did i would have named this thread "suspension" or "coilovers". If you want to be helpful tell me about what i want to know, don't go arguing about something else, its just stupid.

Rick James

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i really dont think that airbags would look good on a civic but then civic_on_air did it and his looked ok. have you seen the post with that civic that looks like it had benn photoshopped with bags. it was sick as hell

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yeah, and i think air ride can give you stability and comfort. Don't say it can't when its a proven fact and the slogan of most airbag companies that their products give a smooth ride.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Dilemma_cuts
Oh yeah, and i think air ride can give you stability and comfort. Don't say it can't when its a proven fact and the slogan of most airbag companies that their products give a smooth ride.

i wouldn't say stability

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think you guys are getting off topic. This thread was created by me so i could get advice from people with airbags, or people who know enough about them to teach me something. Now we have people arguing about coilovers and why they are worth the money. I don't care about coilovers, if i did i would have named this thread "suspension" or "coilovers". If you want to be helpful tell me about what i want to know, don't go arguing about something else, its just stupid.

d00d WTF man? we are both offering logical points of view for either side of the tracks, so how about reading and soaking in the knowledge rather then bitching about its not what you want

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp02
d00d WTF man? we are both offering logical points of view for either side of the tracks, so how about reading and soaking in the knowledge rather then bitching about its not what you want
:werd: i learned a lot about airbags that i didnt know by simply reading this thread.

civic_on_air

I think you guys are getting off topic. This thread was created by me so i could get advice from people with airbags, or people who know enough about them to teach me something.
Sorry about that man is thier anything eles you would like to know about the setup. I would be glad to help.

civic_on_air

Originally posted by temp02
useless products placed on a car that does not facilitate the need for that product
This is whatI said earlier. I would never use a 1000 dollar tien setup in the way that that setup was intended. i dont race my car on a strip, in autocross, WRC, anything like that. So it defeats the whole purpose of me having a setup like the tiens. See what im saying, its all in the eye of the beholder.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, hey civic-on-air, how Does your ride feel. Does it feel more luxury then it did before? Is it smoother? Those kind of things would be good to know. Also, how fast do your cylinders inflate?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, how fast do your cylinders inflate?
pretty quick ... he can just hit the switch and the car raises right up ... almost as quick as hydros are on the low riders.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pimpin. He does have two compressors and a 7 gal though. Mine probably won't be anywhere near that. If i eventually get one though. Hey eric do you have electronic fast valves?

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey melt... is that a CAN of Old English in your pic?
We only have bottles of those in Canada..amazing...

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey melt... is that a CAN of Old English in your pic?
We only have bottles of those in Canada..amazing...
yea its a 24 oz can. We get em in the 40 oz bottle version too.

You guys got camo 40 though which to the best of my knowledge you cant find in the states.

Dilemma_cuts

boombastic
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We have 40oz bottles of OE, colt 45, black bull (10%) and big bear

But we don't have any tall cans of malt beer.... only biggi cans of some types of beer.

And to the other post. I don't have a Caddilac, i have a civic, and if i want it cushy, then Ima have it cushy. It will be cushy, just as cushy as blanky and pillow at night...

civic_on_air

Yea the ride is smooth, alot smoother than stock even though it is at a lowered height. And my cylinders fill up hella fast, it wont matter how many compressors or how big of a tank you have. The cylinders fill up fast because i have 3/4 high pressure fast valves, which is what you will get if you get a air ride kit. The only thing thaving 2 compressors does is fills the tank 2 times faster than it would with one, and a bigger tank just means more air, so more front, back, and side to side fun hehe.