Airbags

Kazuo

Pakalolo Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"And Kazuo everything in my kit has a DOT code on it so it is all road legal"

Cool!

Have you ever had any problems with your air kit?

And did you do the install yourself or was it done at a shop?

I like the idea of being able to adjust your ride height at the simple flip of a switch!!!

Kazuo.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp02
cons- extra weight on the car
Originally posted by civic_on_air
Now as for weight addition it only added about 50 pounds to my car, now I know most stereo systems are more than that.
nuff said..

btw, i sat in eric's car, checked out the whole set up, had him explain the whole deal to me... sick ass s**t man...

eric your ride is pimpin... but mine is quicker ;)

civic_on_air

yea kazuo, i installed everything myself. It was a b***h. The only problems I had with my air ride was when i first had it installed each cylinder leaked, it sucked but I took them out the next day and my dad helped me tighten the s**t out of the fittings and no it runes beautifly. And being able to adjust the ride height whenever I want is great, I love it it is really fun to play with also hehehehe. Thanks seanjohn. I apreciate the POSITIVE feed back. But I wouldnt be so sure yours is quicker. What all do you have done? Im hella curious now.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like you need to shut the hell up temp02. Here is the definition of spring rate:
Definitions

Spring rate : Usually expressed in lbs/in, it’s the force required to compress a linear spring one inch. Linear springs have a constant spring rate. Progressive springs have progressive spring rate that rise has the spring load increase.

So how do you have a sring rate without a spring you dumb ass????? YOU DONT. And you make no sence in what your saying about a show car not haveing as much money invested into it as a race car..... open any import car mag you read and look at the cover car, which is usually a show car but thier are times when they do preview race only cars, and i can garuntee you it will be worth more than any race car of the same make and model. In a race car thier are no aesthetics, just major motor work, which I agree is expensive. But most show cars also have hevily modified engines with the addition of lots of body work, interior work ect.

And Kazuo everything in my kit has a DOT code on it so it is all road legal.

maybe you dont know how to read, here you go

OBVIOUSLY there is not springs on the car but lowering it further has the same EFFECT as increasing the spring rate,

if you can't grasp that simple concept i can break it down for you KINDERGARTEN style if you would like, being that is where your level of thought is at

Remy13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the idea of air bags as well. whether it be for show or go, it allows you the option of having a nice ride hieght when just driving and then you can slam it at the track for aerodynamic low drag purposes. A little too much cheeze tho for now maybe in the next year or so.

v-teced

I didn't do it.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp02
OBVIOUSLY there is not springs on the car but lowering it further has the same EFFECT as increasing the spring rate
.......if you can't grasp that simple concept i can break it down for you KINDERGARTEN style if you would like, being that is where your level of thought is at
:haha: :ownded:

civic_on_air

Im sorry about all the flaming going on temp02, thats usually not my style it just If you dont really have any personal experience with something, it bothers me when people try to just post stuff because they dont like the topic or something like that. Im not saying im right and your wrong, or your right and im wrong, im just saying that if you dont like air bags on hondas dont post on a thread titled air bags, on a forum meant for civics. Unless you really kow what your talking about. That said I can easily grasp this concept. But wouldnt it have been easier to say it is bouncy as f**k. Have you ever riden in a car with aftermarket air ride??? Even with it lowered down (not slammed) the ride is better than that of a car with aftermarket spring or coilovers and shocks.

But actually on my car I had it lowered before I went with the air, so if I have the bags aired up to the same ride height as when the car was lowered it rides better than the stock springs and shocks at the stock ride height. And yes when it is slammed th eride is shitty but you really acnt drive with it slammed because you are not able to turn because the rims tuck so much.

As for the bushing wear it doesnt really have and different effects that basic lowering would have because you can slamm it while driving so you ride at the same level that it would be at with just springs or coils and shocks.

The only real con I have witht the air ride is that you loose some handeling. I liked the twisties, but the way I see it is that the air will keep me form getting trouble.

Ryoslide

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so all in all

Well lets see here guys and or gals. In the end its everyones choice to do what they want. Lets face it we all can be a little critical once and awhile. Remember what your mother said about saying something nice.....yadda yadda yadda. If its not your thing thats all you have to say. I can remember when "rice" was just a term for "crotch rockets" aka "rice rocket". I think most of us know of the roads you can go down when customising our own cars. Performance, Show, or even just plain stock whatever it may be enjoy your own car :lol: , and leave your bitching at the door people. In fact I think the only bad air bags where some of the people who posted rude crap :cry:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
agreed =) let's play nice and prove points without being malicious... nor making it personal

civic_on_air

Yea my bad guys, I just came on here to help. No hard feelings

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
btw, for those who are not used to debate and discussion... please read up on logical fallacies before you start arguing.

Remy13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah anything i have ever posted if it sounds rude it was most likely unintentional and i apologise if someone got buttface about it.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im sorry about all the flaming going on temp02, thats usually not my style it just If you dont really have any personal experience with something, it bothers me when people try to just post stuff because they dont like the topic or something like that. Im not saying im right and your wrong, or your right and im wrong, im just saying that if you dont like air bags on hondas dont post on a thread titled air bags, on a forum meant for civics. Unless you really kow what your talking about. That said I can easily grasp this concept. But wouldnt it have been easier to say it is bouncy as f**k. Have you ever riden in a car with aftermarket air ride??? Even with it lowered down (not slammed) the ride is better than that of a car with aftermarket spring or coilovers and shocks.

But actually on my car I had it lowered before I went with the air, so if I have the bags aired up to the same ride height as when the car was lowered it rides better than the stock springs and shocks at the stock ride height. And yes when it is slammed th eride is shitty but you really acnt drive with it slammed because you are not able to turn because the rims tuck so much.

As for the bushing wear it doesnt really have and different effects that basic lowering would have because you can slamm it while driving so you ride at the same level that it would be at with just springs or coils and shocks.

The only real con I have witht the air ride is that you loose some handeling. I liked the twisties, but the way I see it is that the air will keep me form getting trouble.

i have been in 4 cars w/ air ride, ride quality is s**t compared to a ride equipped w/ tein.....have YOU ever been in a ride w/ tein suspension?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um... i have been in a ride with tein suspension, its no LS430 ill tell you that...

civic_on_air

Never been in a ride with tien. But a tien suspension probably costed as much as my air ride, and i just dont need the handling that setup would give me. maybe if i was a profesional autocrossed or something.

temp02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never been in a ride with tien. But a tien suspension probably costed as much as my air ride, and i just dont need the handling that setup would give me. maybe if i was a profesional autocrossed or something.

how much did your air ride cost you

Saryon

[ Saucebox ]
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Dilemma_cuts
Anyways, thanks for the price range at least, i live in Canada so i don't know if those were US$ or Euros or friggin Yen, but i need Canadian dollars. Lol.
Hey bud, just a friendly heads up :P

This is the conversion i use for Canadian/US dollars since I have Canadian internet friends that i talk to (i still forget to put US or CDN after everything)

$1 US approx = .67 CDN (2/3)

or $3 CDN = $2 US

So if you've got something that's say $3k - 6k US you multiply by 3 and divide by two, yielding $4.5k - 9k CDN =)

Best way to think of it is to tack half the price you've got in US onto what it already is (assuming you're looking at a us price :P)
Hope that helps.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
www.xe.net is the universal currency converter, with realtime numbers.

civic_on_air

My setup costed me about 1400, and thats with 2 compressors