Altezza tail lights? What's so rice about them?

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sundown said:
The vents in the front of the bumper are routed to the front brakes, and I cant really remember, but I think the vents for the back are routed up to the rear disks as well...

With drifting, body kits are sometimes used to give wider flares, enabling the car to have wider wheels/tires.

None of those are AERODYNAMIC advantages... but none of this has anything to do with the topic. Altezza's, like NOFX said, just dont have the quality present. They (IMO) look cheap, and are built cheap which means they often have quite a few defects and downfalls over OEM equipment.

predicthisFlick

5+ Year Member
ok ok in my opinion!

Rice means...

Crazy Tail Lights (Altezza)
Huge Wing (No Purpose at all on your civic)
Crazy body kits (ewwwwww)
Crazyy shift knobs
Under glow
Interior glow
Crazy glow gauges
Gauges that serve no purpose to your stock engine
Ugly Exhausts
DUEL exhaust (ok fine go slower)
FAKE Type R Badgets (cmon people laaame)
List can go on forever...:x
cmon all that stuff is retardid either go to the circus or go watch fast and furious a couple times more and then slap your self on the face...I dont care if u think it looks good, cause it looks like u just went shopping for car parts at walmart which i dont doubt you did

Biggest pet peeve ever

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If the altezza lights weren't on the car from factory in USDM land of JDM land or any other land then it shouldn't be on the car. Unless the style lights you put on resemble the oem lights. Plus their GHEY

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They look cheap.
They are tacky.
They are tasteless
They are cop bait
Did I mention that they are tacky?

Oooh look! A whole truckload of "looks like babboon ass"!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That Civic looks surprised.

UFIA? :shock:

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have some 'carbon fiber' styled tail lights. imo, i liked the look and they were cheaper than OEM ones at the time. the fit was perfect -- no leaks, fogged, or anything of that sort. i've had them for i think 2yrs+ with no problems.
(disregard the dent :roll:)

but now since i got into an accident and the driverside tail light cracked, i'll be going back to OEM.

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blare said:
Y do i get slapped with the stupid stick :(

Altezzas are a fad, thats all they were. Some ppl dont know when to let the fad go, others are still trapped in the fad. For example. Theres a guy on base that has a black 6G EX, altezzas, nasty exhaust, nasty wing and everytime I see him he gives me a look like his car is the s**t and mine is wack. I think his car looks stupid. Some ppl are just stuck on certain things!

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They're simply to flashy and do not flow with the car ....

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i get it now..rice is white..and the tail lights are white-ish..psssh..jk im just bored

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rice comes from rice-burner, which is a term given to all asian import cars. therefor you are all rice=)

X-aCuTiOnA

W.W.H.D.?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
rice comes from rice-burner, which is a term given to all asian import cars. therefor you are all rice=)
Im mexican and part asian
So i got spanish rice AND white rice flowing through my veins, and what b***h?!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bcivichb said:
That depends on who you talk to... I've even been yelled at before when it was mistaken as a racial slur.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Someone called my Triumph a "rice-burner" once. :rolf:

:???: Rice pudding burner maybe.....Steak and Kidney Pie burner. yeah! that's it.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like you out of pre-paid minutes dog.....

junior1023

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive got these tails JUST like this....and have the same color car....and have that exact dent in my car...

Alittle creepy. LOL. I like it since I have a silver car as well and i like that silver border that goes around the sides of them. Plus I just think that black/silver combo looks good.

iOn said:
i have some 'carbon fiber' styled tail lights. imo, i liked the look and they were cheaper than OEM ones at the time. the fit was perfect -- no leaks, fogged, or anything of that sort. i've had them for i think 2yrs+ with no problems.
(disregard the dent :roll:)

but now since i got into an accident and the driverside tail light cracked, i'll be going back to OEM.

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah i have " alteza lights" I bought the best looking smoked tails i could find. If they aren't smoked that chrome looks nasty.
In the sunlight they look a bit more smoked, and in the dark they look really nice.

bcivichb said:
In the crowd i roll with a "Ricer" is any car that looks faster then it acually is.
a "Rice Burner" is the a car that smokes or burns Ricers.

hondamotoxer

Driver
5+ Year Member
i think some look good, but think that most of the bad impression comes from all the bad altezza instals out there. all the people who got into an fender bender and opted to replace the broken lights with cheap $30 altezzas on a stock car. who knows maybe they like it and continue with the randome chromage on their car. a nice quality pair of LEDs could look ok, my opinion