Altezza tail lights? What's so rice about them?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think some look good, but think that most of the bad impression comes from all the bad altezza instals out there. all the people who got into an fender bender and opted to replace the broken lights with cheap $30 altezzas on a stock car. who knows maybe they like it and continue with the randome chromage on their car. a nice quality pair of LEDs could look ok, my opinion
I could perhaps seeing some bad impressions coming from that.... but not most.

I've also noticed that many "normal" people (not otherwise into cars) will get altezzas just to make their car "different". This goes from Civics to Explorers and it has nothing to do with a crash.

Oh, and this is a really old thread.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rice is food. not a car description.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In the bay, u can still see a set of those Altezza tail lights on every 4th or 5th generation civic. They are rolling with a huge wing, 14" chrome wheel caps (from Wal Mart), a body kit, 6" muffler, and some type of vinyl. La Raza.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they look really cheap IMO they ruined the honda pilot, lexus rx 330 and the new mazdas.......or and the fusion

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they look really cheap IMO they ruined the honda pilot, lexus rx 330 and the new mazdas.......or and the fusion
:rolf: :haha:

Ford ruined the Fusion enough even if they had not put those gawdawful 'tezzas on.

They started with this:

And ended with this:

Then they take the gate type shifter out and put in some dorky leftover Taurus shifter and move the headlight switch from the column like everything else on the market and moved it to a hidden spot on the dash that you will never find in the dark.

Fail

4ce_fed

SWAPPED
5+ Year Member
i remember when i had my 99 eclipse thought i was cool like brian spilner jus had to have some altezza for my dsm lol man i really hate those things now not because i think there ricey there just to much damn chrome

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Altezza tail lights are bad because they aren't bright during the day or night comparing to oem.
plus they look like s**t,those mexican be using them in houston

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i remember when i had my 99 eclipse thought i was cool like brian spilner jus had to have some altezza for my dsm lol man i really hate those things now not because i think there ricey there just to much damn chrome
the green eclipse didnt have altezzas tho...

A-2-B

Red+ Blue+ Flashing = Bad
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alot of people think if its not "JDM" its rice. (i think its bull sh@t) Do what you want. If you think it looks good then what else matters. To me Rice is Non painted body kits, and No performance... much like what the last guy posted
i agree on what this guy said. but its kinda ironic.. jdm is japan s**t... well they live on rice... lol

8milemormon

5+ Year Member
I personally believe that the ultimate of rice is taking a stock car and putting on a $150 "erector set" spoiler

but who am i to talk I'm kinda "rice"ing it right now as it is

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think its ricers usually spend more money on looks than go fast parts, and Altezza lights are the first step... also, they are a lot more flashy and don't flow with the car. IMO, its for attention/show. People who are more into function aren't going to change unnecessary parts. You could argue that die-hard jdm fanatics are the same, but i think they pull it off with a lot more classiness.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally believe that the ultimate of rice is taking a stock car and putting on a $150 "erector set" spoiler
:bluelol: :rolf:

I love seeing those cars on the freeway! Like a Cavalier, ass end squashed flat, nose high, and it's poor little OHV 4 cylinder straining it's guts out to keep the whole thing moving! :rolf:

guwakjai010

Dr Tai tai
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WELCOME BACK 2006!!!! rice or not its all opinion... people do w/e they want with their cars... maybe it was their dream as a kid to have a car like that and now they finally do but people shyt on it....
i admit it my car is riced out like a mofo... whole outside body is just crazy... but on a note its light as hell... and people don't see my t3/t4 15psi fully built bottom to head. my friends like to try to laff at my car cuz my paint is fading... me i don't care i just see that its gonna get messed up sooner or later so why care. everyone's lil style and thats it. soon to be tuned to 25-30psi haha then wat