Andres H22 hatch build

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy crap! i though my bay was pretty cluttered, looks good tho, hope to hear that its running soon and maybe a vid of your terrorizing canadia.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im flying...it'll take four hours...i'll be fine.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you got a computer on board? sorry for this BS in your thread Andre, keeping some activity in it, staying at the top of the page.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**kin a right, i had a computer on board. im at a motel6 now....in canada.

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**kin a right, i had a computer on board. im at a motel6 now....in canada.
haha, too slow kyle :lol:

the car is running and idling pretty fine! :cool:

we had some problems at first. like the vaccuum tube for the fuel regulator was cut so the engine was being flooded. then it idled really badly and we adjusted all the valves. i think im going to clean the iacv maybe too, the idle is still a tiny bit shaky.

my buddy brought the IAB vacuum tank which i didnt get with my engine... so im a little pissed about that... also the mounting points for it udner the IM are opposite of that on the tank :S i duno... i'll mount it somewhere i guess.

but shiiaaat, im so happy its running.

theres a couple of small things i havent done yet.

1) battery box :P

2) make a bracket for the VSS

3)fix the shifter... when trying to go to 1st and 2nd something seems to grind on threads or something :shock:

i'll get a video of it running today :D

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome glad to hear its running.you put lots of smilies in that post, i'd guess you're pretty happy

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
its not too late to tuck the s**t.

good thing you got it started....you can just eliminate the IABs....you'll lose a little bit of bottom end torque though, but i doubt you'll miss it.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i wanna see this thing in actons, but that bay is an eye sore i dont know how the heck you have like 4x the wires as anyone else i have seen with an h22

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wanna see this thing in actons, but that bay is an eye sore i dont know how the heck you have like 4x the wires as anyone else i have seen with an h22
haha, i have no clue either... aw well... doesnt seem to bother me as much as everyone else...

problem is.. it dies when it warms up... i think im gunna try cleaning the iacv tomorrow

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
haha, i have no clue either... aw well... doesnt seem to bother me as much as everyone else...

problem is.. it dies when it warms up... i think im gunna try cleaning the iacv tomorrow
i'd suggest going to the dealer and getting the o-ring seals for the IACV before u put it back on.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how does it die? slowly? abruptly? how does it sound? does it only die if it idles warm? what if you use the throttle to keep it running, does that work?

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how does it die? slowly? abruptly? how does it sound? does it only die if it idles warm? what if you use the throttle to keep it running, does that work?
ok... let me try to explain. when it dies the idle starts to go really low, like 400-500rpm and then back up and then on the second time down i think it usually dies... i havent conducted too many tests but i do know that if i give it gas it lives... and yes it only dies if it idles warm. hope that gives you some clues... we increased the idle with both adjusting screws so it wouldnt die when it was cold though. i guess you could say it dies slowly... because the rpm kinda goes up and down and then it just dies.

i guess ill get o rings tomorrow as well then.

Rawkout

5+ Year Member
hey andre do you have any pics of the hood clearance? ive read that its about 1.5" higher of efs and egs? i dunno just wodner man. btw awesome build