Automatic horsepower gain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ne0tas

You can get a cam regrind for less than 200 bucks then chip your ecu and have it tuned and bam

and how is auto to manual a pain? It looks pretty simple in comparison to other peoples builds

Honda4ever

Banned
He could keep the turbo kit but not the manifold if he went to a DOHC motor. I don't mean to suggest he get rid of the car, just giving a reason to put money into suspension rather than the current motor. Why would you say that an automatic is easier than a manual for this generation?

For those asking about why you can't turbo an automatic, you can turbo it but you can't tune an OBD-2 automatic ECU so it's really not a great idea.

*edit, I was assuming since it's a 6th gen that it's OBD-2 but maybe I'm wrong seeing as it's a D16a, what is it?
obd2a

Honda4ever

Banned
The way I see it, why waste your money and mod something that you're not going to be happy with in the future? You'll want more. You'll get relentless s*** for it. And you'll be itching for a manual. So just set that money aside and either save for a manual swap or set it aside and sell the auto so you can get something better or have play money.

That's why the suspension is a good point if you're planning on doing a tranny swap. It's something that will benefit the car manual or auto. Just think about it.
your right might just save for manual swap then turbo it it makes more sense and i would get more power

Honda4ever

Banned
He could keep the turbo kit as well. Yalls point on getting rid of the car just because he may want to move on to manual or something is still pointless. He can have the car turboed and automatic. Automatics for hondas of this gen are easier and cheaper than manuals. I say turbo it correctly. Then worry about what you want from there. If you want to go beyond there you can only push so much on the stock block anyways. Build the block go manual. Or do a complete swap
thats what i was going to do but i guess ill just chang it because i feel the turbo is too much on the tranny and my automatic tranny slips at some points so i dont want to f**k it up even more

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
thats what i was going to do but i guess ill just chang it because i feel the turbo is too much on the tranny and my automatic tranny slips at some points so i dont want to f**k it up even more
If your tyranny is slipping instead of worrien about making more power you should be fixing it.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So you are racing a stock civic with a slipping trans. And you want to boost it? Please sell your car and walk.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just cause you put a autozone spectre "racing filter" ebay header and some crap china made exhaust does not make you race car.

Honda4ever

Banned
just cause you put a autozone spectre "racing filter" ebay header and some crap china made exhaust does not make you race car.
=) i dont care what you say about my car haters are going to hate no matter what and all parts from ebay you are right but you have no idea what is in my motor its swapped from a manual car and a vtec is a vtec. what civic do you own at age 29? :lol:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
=) i dont care what you say about my car haters are going to hate no matter what and all parts from ebay you are right but you have no idea what is in my motor its swapped from a manual car and a vtec is a vtec. what civic do you own at age 29? :lol:
Do you understand what vtec does? It's not a huge power adding thing like you think it is.

I have a feeling this thread is going to end up were the rest if yours have. Get it back on topic please or its getting shut down.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Okay someone swapped from a manual car into an autofail, so you defeated that purpose. If you dont care what people think then why do you keep asking other people what to do next?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ I had no idea you were a mod :shock:

If you don't want stupid answer dude, you should cease to ask stupid questions.

Single cam vtec doesn't do squat. Especially if the automatic transmission doesn't allow the RPMs to apply it properly.

Honda4ever

Banned
Do you understand what vtec does? It's not a huge power adding thing like you think it is.

I have a feeling this thread is going to end up were the rest if yours have. Get it back on topic please or its getting shut down.
yes i understand vtec is mainly for fuel economy especially the SOHC models but in my case i dont have stock internals ive seen single cams 10 second quarter mile down in washington

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Okay someone swapped from a manual car into an autofail, so you defeated that purpose. If you dont care what people think then why do you keep asking other people what to do next?
You forget to mention that a manual motor doesn't make more power then an automatic.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Honda4ever

Banned
^^ I had no idea you were a mod :shock:

If you don't want stupid answer dude, you should cease to ask stupid questions.

Single cam vtec doesn't do squat. Especially if the automatic transmission doesn't allow the RPMs to apply it properly.
lol you could be right for most models this is a pure jdm d16a yes automatic tranny slips and s**t but this is a good dailydriver never considered it a racecar just because i race for shits and giggles with my friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.