Status
Not open for further replies.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes i understand vtec is mainly for fuel economy especially the SOHC models but in my case i dont have stock internals ive seen single cams 10 second quarter mile down in washington
Well yeah because those are Speedfactory's and such's cars. Built up the yingyang.

And manuals :lol:

Honda4ever

Banned
You forget to mention that a manual motor doesn't make more power then an automatic.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
yeah it does its more torque and higher rpms which makes it faster vtec is most to kick in then an auto i would have to shift to d3 hit 4,500 then down shift to d2 for it to kick in. thanks

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
yeah it does its more torque and higher rpms which makes it faster vtec is most to kick in then an auto i would have to shift to d3 hit 4,500 then down shift to d2 for it to kick in. thanks
A d16a is a d16a weather its an auto or manual. The reasoning that a manual is faster then an auto is gearing n the control of shift points. You got a lot to learn homie

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
heres some good reading on the d series engines. it ahas all the specs n no where does it state a manual has more power then automatic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_D_engine

D16A
Found in:
1997-1999 JDM Honda Domani (MB4) [1]
Bore and Stroke: see D16 Series Engines
Displacement: see D16 Series Engines
Compression : 9.3:1
Power : 120 PS (88 kW; 118 hp) at 6,400 rpm
Torque: 144 Nm
Redline : 7,000 rpm
Valvetrain : SOHC (4 valves per cylinder)
Fuel Control : OBD2a
Head Code : P08
ECU Code: PBB-J61 [2]
Special note: this engine comes with a single VTEC solenoid and an EGR valve but it does not have an actual VTEC (high cam mode).

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I see no one watched the vid I posted of street racing a few days ago. It is some straight F&F s**t, and guess where it was filmed. OP's hometown lol.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see no one watched the vid I posted of street racing a few days ago. It is some straight F&F s***, and guess where it was filmed. OP's hometown lol.
The one that Nat'l Geographic did? :lol: A couple of my buddies are in that.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I saved this thread for later, its a blast to read. So many lulz

OP i say if you want to keep the auto do some work to it but if you do any work you need to have it out so might as well make it a manual to be able to put down any power. With it slipping right now you have a timebomb that will leave you stranded one day. Better to get it fixed now than drive around thinking "because racecar" and then having no car

Honda4ever

Banned
Well yeah because those are Speedfactory's and such's cars. Built up the yingyang.

And manuals :lol:
no richtunes also and ive seen some autos aswell not that im tryna do that

I saved this thread for later, its a blast to read. So many lulz

OP i say if you want to keep the auto do some work to it but if you do any work you need to have it out so might as well make it a manual to be able to put down any power. With it slipping right now you have a timebomb that will leave you stranded one day. Better to get it fixed now than drive around thinking "because racecar" and then having no car
still have to chck the tranny fluid

I see no one watched the vid I posted of street racing a few days ago. It is some straight F&F s***, and guess where it was filmed. OP's hometown lol.
stick to the topic please. thanks

ok so ive come to my decision of swapping it to manual and now im going to have to save up i changed the tranny fluid and it seems ok for now i guess anyway i thank all you guys for helping me on which would be best. thanks

:domollama:
ok so ive come to my decision of swapping it to manual and now im going to have to save up i changed the tranny fluid and it seems ok for now i guess anyway i thank all you guys for helping me on which would be best. thanks
dont just change it once, the proper way is to drain, fill drive for a bit, drain fill drive and then change one more time
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.