car engine shuts off after stoping sometimes

96civicej8

Ok I got my belts change near the alternator all three belts were change but still the same problem now the machinic said the head gasket need to b change because there is air getting into the motor that's why my radiator hose if fat and inflated that why the car maybe wants to turn off when I drive or use any lghts whatdo you think it chould be guys I feel like I'm close to finding the problem he also said there chould be problems near the alternator were there are cables that are misfired somting like that any clues before I pay the dude money do y'all think I should go for it??please help I feel like I'm real close to getting it solved feel like crap with out my car

Read the pervous post of 96civicej8 if you are new to reading my problem please and get back to me you guys are what I mostly trust

RonJ

Banned
i have a 96 honda civic ex my car has been acting funny when i turn on the engine the lights will kind of flicker and as for the whole car it whould seem like it wants to shut off so i change the altenator that fix the flicker but now i gave it a test ride with the new altonator and a 1 min later while riding the car the car start to feel like it has low power it wont go fast the lights in the whole car go low then it shuts of and wont strat again. i change the whole exhast system from heAder to muffler how ever i had one oxygen sensor missing from the rear and then as for the front it still had it when the guy whole installed my exhaust system he moved the front oxygen sensor to the rear. idk whats the problem ?? and idea that can help please i have a whole buddy club spec 3 exhaust and pipes the header is dc and the cat convetor is a megan do u think its has to much on if so i was planig to change back to stock if thats the case i will just want some help to get my car cone back to me :(
Ok I got my belts change near the alternator all three belts were change but still the same problem now the machinic said the head gasket need to b change because there is air getting into the motor that's why my radiator hose if fat and inflated that why the car maybe wants to turn off when I drive or use any lghts whatdo you think it chould be guys I feel like I'm close to finding the problem he also said there chould be problems near the alternator were there are cables that are misfired somting like that any clues before I pay the dude money do y'all think I should go for it??please help I feel like I'm real close to getting it solved feel like crap with out my car

Read the pervous post of 96civicej8 if you are new to reading my problem please and get back to me you guys are what I mostly trust
Check whether 7.5A dash fuse 15 is blown.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sometimes when am slowing down to stop or while im stopping for a red light or stop sign my car engine shuts off. the radio keeps playing and lights are still on but the engine shuts off.
holy crap my car is having this same problem right now... i never thought of ignition switch.. ronj or whoopnip do you have any diagrams where this is? or if i can check it by my self?

RonJ

Banned
holy crap my car is having this same problem right now... i never thought of ignition switch.. ronj or whoopnip do you have any diagrams where this is? or if i can check it by my self?
When your engine stalls, do the dash warning lights remain on or are they off?

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everytime my car stalls the lights and radio stay on

oh..and bro i dont know if its something to worry about... but if i step on the brake... then accelerate i hear some kind of liquid splashing around... i'm gunna guess brake fluid? dunno... something to be worried about?

RonJ

Banned
everytime my car stalls the lights and radio stay on

What is specifically important to know about are the cluster warning lights (e.g., battery/charge system light). If the cluster warning lights remain on after the engine stalls, then the ignition switch is fine.

oh..and bro i dont know if its something to worry about... but if i step on the brake... then accelerate i hear some kind of liquid splashing around... i'm gunna guess brake fluid? dunno... something to be worried about?

Sounds like low coolant or air trapped in the cooling system. Aren't you having idle problems? Try thoroughly bleeding the cooling system exactly like this:

The bleeding procedure may take 20-30 minutes:

1) Park the car on an inclined driveway with the front end higher than the rear.

2) Push the dash heater lever/knob to MAX heat.

3) Follow the directions in the diagram below

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Aren't you having idle problems?
That wasn't him who was having idling issues. He's the third person to post an issue on this thread.

Unless you're just asking him if he has idle issues, then I misunderstood your question. :lol:

96civicej8

Ok i changed the fuse it works fine now the fuse 7.5 on 15 was blowing Thanks for the tip ronj ur the best well have a good test drive tommrow and get back at you thank u very much =)

96civicej8

Thanks ronj my car runs fine now and thanks for the tip for the tsb i think thats why it blew thanks again

96civicej8

Ok now therea one more problem my heat went off it wont turn on for nothig same wit the ac chould it b a fuse?? If so wat number is it ??

96civicej8

O no it doesnt turn on i just put in a fuse in 17 heater and ac because it didnt have one and it turned on the heater but do u know what running lights are?? I think i might off took out the 7.5 fuse of the heater and put it in the running lights

17 HEATER A/C 7.5 10-9 Power mirrors ('96-'98 models and all GX models),
RELAY Air delivery, Blower controls, A/C compressor
controls, Fans
18 (RUNNING LIGHT 7.5 10-8 DRL control unit (Canada)

RonJ

Banned
Running lights are headlights for daytime driving. It's a safety feature for Canadian models.

Is something not working that you need help with?

96civicej8

O ok
umm now that you said that my speed o meter acts funny sumtimes it works sometimes it doesnt at ti e when its not workng it stays at 20 mph even tho im goin 40 or more

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
errr did u mean to bleeed then do that?
and where is that damm drain bolt..?

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
errr did u mean to bleeed then do that?
and where is that damm drain bolt..?
? He gave you the bleed procedure. Have you done it yet?

As for the drain bolt, which fluid are you talking about? The cooling system in our Civics have a drain plug at the bottom of the radiator on one side which you can just twist off with your hand. It's not necessary to drain the coolant to bleed the system, however.

Mugenn_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

itz topped up so i guess i gotta drain?...and with the heater knob tuirned all the way to heat... should i put the ignition to accessories (II) atleast BEFORE i go ahead and do the bleeding?