CC Musicians!!

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I play guitar, bass, mandolin and violin, as well as sing... I screw around on the piano from time to time. Have something around 23 guitars back home, most of which are modded, as well as 6 here: A Japanese Fender Strat Texas Special, a USA Dean ML, an Epiphone EJ200, an OLP 5-string bass, a Takamine acoustic-electric, and a cheapo Yin Yuan classical that I take on deployments. I've played in a country/classic rock band here in Okinawa and am now singing for a rock/grunge band, and I'm occasionally invited up on stage to perform with the other musicians around the bar scene here. I love doing it!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The 2 main things I do is play my Ovation and sing. Trying to record some cover songs to put on YouTube. My drum set is at my parents house as well as a piano. I can play all 3 but not so well lol. I still can't read music :(. It takes me a while to do it. I memorized everything I played for the piano when I played for 3 years. Song after song, recital after recital, I would play everything from memorization. I just stared at the sheet music to pretend I was reading it.

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I play guitar, bass, mandolin and violin, as well as sing... I screw around on the piano from time to time. Have something around 23 guitars back home, most of which are modded, as well as 6 here: A Japanese Fender Strat Texas Special, a USA Dean ML, an Epiphone EJ200, an OLP 5-string bass, a Takamine acoustic-electric, and a cheapo Yin Yuan classical that I take on deployments. I've played in a country/classic rock band here in Okinawa and am now singing for a rock/grunge band, and I'm occasionally invited up on stage to perform with the other musicians around the bar scene here. I love doing it!
i'd like to get my hands on that MIJ strat! nice!

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
... I still can't read music :(. It takes me a while to do it. I memorized everything I played for the piano when I played for 3 years. Song after song, recital after recital, I would play everything from memorization. I just stared at the sheet music to pretend I was reading it.
Ha, same here bro. I play everything by ear. i can make sense of tabulature once in a while =) sheet music = confusing.:what:

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

This is my old bass, I'm trying to get my hands on a new one, as I was learning how to play this before I had to sell it for rent money. I also have been playing brass instruments (everything but the trombone it seems) for multitudes of years.

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have an Ibanez bass that the wiring is janked in. Currently i am playing drums in a band, using there set. its a ludwig jazz fusion with random cymbals. trying to sell my bass if anyone is interested pm me.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This has been discussed before. I play guitar. Thats all Im gonna say. :lol:

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, I think there's a thread like this one already and posted in there as well.

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

76 fender precision bass

05 Fender strat

My cheap acoustic. after good strings and a setup its not bad.

i put this together from spare strat parts here and there...plays good...sounds ok.

next to impossible to get a complete pic of the dirty drumset. old 80's pearl w sabians. nothin big.

fairly new sx jazz bass. I bought it to rip the pickups out and throw in a set of emg active's i got off ebay, but just havent done it. plays and sounds pretty good tho.

have an ESP C304 bass as well but its at church. have a mid 90's gibson les paul that my 75 year old father has all but stolen at the church as well...he likes it and im more fender so its his =)

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gibson > Fender
to be honest, yea, gibsons sound great. I dont play guitar a lot, but when i got my first electric i sat down, with no amp, and just played around on all the ones in my price range. the fender just felt good to me so thats what ive stuck with. now that i have both i like certain aspects of both...just never liked the les paul neck.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO, Fenders are built cheap. Not saying theyre cheap guitars, I just dont care for the way they are built. A bolt on neck, a thin body, etc. Just not my style. I like deeper tones, and its easier to get those with a Gibson style guitar. I have an Epiphone Les Paul, that I absolutely love. I also have a Fender Squier, that I dont care so much for. I know its a cheap model Strat, but still. Its the same general design.

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
big difference between a fender and a squier, in all aspects.
big difference between epiphone and gibson.
deeper tones? nothing more that different style pickups. two nice humbuckers are going to be deeper that a few single coils any day...the famous fender vs gibson argument.
just depends on the tone you are looking for...but i've never played a fender that felt cheap.
i do like the deep tone of a gibson as well as the twang of a fender.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IMO, Fenders are built cheap. Not saying theyre cheap guitars, I just dont care for the way they are built. A bolt on neck, a thin body, etc. Just not my style. I like deeper tones, and its easier to get those with a Gibson style guitar. I have an Epiphone Les Paul, that I absolutely love. I also have a Fender Squier, that I dont care so much for. I know its a cheap model Strat, but still. Its the same general design.
A Squier isn't worth anybody's time except for the extreme beginner and the person who has no other choice. While I agree with you that Gibson generally makes better guitars than fender.. I don't think you can even throw the squier into the same discussion. lol.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

This is my old bass, I'm trying to get my hands on a new one, as I was learning how to play this before I had to sell it for rent money. I also have been playing brass instruments (everything but the trombone it seems) for multitudes of years.
Im actually selling my bass.... pm me if interested... pic in the op

Manderson

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im actually selling my bass.... pm me if interested... pic in the op
GLWS...i've been wanting to pick up a 5er but im a bit guitar heavy at the moment and im sure the gf would kill me. gotta love the ibanez tho...

Wilshire001

Hey it's me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've been playing the piano/keyboard for about five years now. I like to play Ragtime, Jazz, Blues, and some classical. My favorite piece to play is St. Louis Blues by John Arpin.

ME PLAYING:
St. Louis Blues

Last edited: