Change...EM1 content

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys, means a lot =)

Updated the mod list as I was def slacking on that...lol.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Tein came home today =)

In the box are the fully rebuilt dampers, new spring seats and front pillow ball mounts =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks =)

Well the rear is pretty much together minus a couple small things. Couldnt put the EDFC on as I didnt have the EDFC wrench but that should be here today. Front is ready to go back together but I made a huge mistake when I purchased the Wilwood kit. I misread the listing and it doesnt fit my car right...DOH! I got it second hand to save some money so I cant exchange it either. Hoping a friend is going to pick it up but if not it will go up f/s so I can buy the right one...lol. This isnt going to hold me up from rolling out again, just something I wanted to get done while it was down. No worries =) Progress was also slowed by my bro in law smoking his clutch due to a rear main leak that we found as we took it apart. So I did a clutch job in his car and had a friend working on my car rather than all focus on mine. Its all good though!

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well it was a very good day today. Trans is back in and passenger side it back together. Driver side had a delay due to AutoZone not having my axel in stock for the warrenty exchange. It will be in tomorrow so I hope to get it all back in here very soon. I would think that if I do not get a chance this week, next weekend the car will be on the ground again.

Few shots of it coming back together...

So the Wilwood kit ended up being a 88-00 Civic kit, sort of...lol. It was the 240mm kit for the lower end Civics not the 262mm kit that is required for the Si. So when we hung the calipers only half the pad was on rotor. Good news is that I was able to turn it around quick to a friend. I will be probably ordering the right kit this week. So for now we mounted the OE stuff back in just to get this thing going...

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EDFC motors installed, f/r Spoon tower bars polished and front installed, linkage back in, shifter greased, half shaft/dr axel and suspension together, Amsoil Synchromesh in the trans, CTR armrest delete in. Think thats about it today. Almost there!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome! you are so close. so many parts here that i want

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking good! I need to get cracking with some on this maintenance on my car.

cuetip

Registered VIP
damn dude get more picks of your exhuast, i want to no how u were able to get the bend before the muffler

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks all, it IS almost ready to get rolling again. I wont have everything I wanted done during this process done but I will be rolling and can keep on here and there.

What are you wondering about the exhaust? Mid pipe and axel back are not stock but use the stock routes and bends. Everything lines up as it should =)

Last night I hung the exhaust and found that my custom test pipe and OEM hardware do not work. I have to run to the store and get something together. I still want to use a spring bolt set up so just need longer bolts and a couple washers. Also had to order a 90* o2 sensor adaptor today which already has a shipping status.

SurgeSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how do you like the kiddracing header?
i just bought the same ones, and they should be here mid next week.
Just wondering what your thoughts were

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks guys =)

SergeSi- I havent done anything but run the car on jack stands since putting the header on. I havent had a chance to get it out and see what the difference might be fromt he last.

Weekend of updates!
Fri-
Started it while on the jack stands and open header just because I wanted to. Hasnt been started since Dec 22 and it needed to wake up Pulled in the cables for the EDFC motors up front and ran them to the controller location. Notched the cluster bezel for the wires to come up. Mounted the penlight shift light to the side of the controller. Cut out the rear carpet at the tower perches.

Sat-
Couple quick things, o2 90* adaptor came in so thats all installed. Test pipe and collector hung but not tight. Had to run up to the store and get another bolt before locking it all down. Also put in the rear Spoon tower bar. Think locking down the exhaust is the last thing and then the car can hit the ground Also started putting the material on the headliner. Ran out of glue though so picking that up while I'm out too.

Sun-
Exhaust bolted up and done. EDFC rear motor cables run and EDFC functional. Penlight shift light wired to the tach signal just need to put ground and power on it. Mounted the EDFC controller to the cluster bezel. Changed the EL upper to standard OEM upper. Also ran the car some on the stands and shifted through the gears to help get the gearing and all wet again.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Gotcha. Nope, its the normal Honda flow...muffler is a Spoon Street =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Intake and battery back in. Track wheels on and for the first time since Dec 22nd...

Monster truck status for now but letting the suspension settle. Ride height will be set to track wheel functional =)