Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wheels up

Trans out

Suspension out

Taken apart, shock assy's ready to ship to Tein for overhaul and all parts ready for storage

Stuff to be done

EM1CrewWrd.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well, last weekend the UR flywheel went on and I wired/installed the slim fan. Plan on dropping the header in and a couple other things on Sunday. Friend dropped off the trans last night, fresh from getting new GearSpeed SS+ synchros, cleaned, inspected dif changed over and back together. Now I will again have my OEM VIN matching trans in the car after having the junked trans w/ dope dif...lol. Also I put in a decent order with a friend for some stuff from Honda. On the way will be...
- New tierod ends
- Pass tierod dust boot and new clips
- Axel oil seals
- Wheel bearings
- Trans dowel pins
- Clutch fork boot
- Washer fluid hose clip on shock tower
And seems like I'm forgeting something.

Friend snagged ES rear trailing arm bushings for $25 for me.
Willwood 11" 4pot BBK in route, Falken Azenis 615K came in the other day (For the spare Work), cargo nets in route and just ordered HardRace front sway bushings and endlinks...busy busy busy!

**Edit** Also picked up some front LCA's w/ PIC bushings including the compliance bushing =)
***Edit, again*** Paid for the Tein overhaul service and added front pillowball mounts to the order...2.5-3.5 week turn around since they have a order a couple parts from Japan =)

Last edited:

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow. Nice build bro. Kinda reminds me of my journey...from rotas to authentic
Jap rims. It's nice to see that the car does track duty. I've tried autoX myself, on Tein SS as well. Anyway, you've got some nice parts, not crazy fast but a solid functional setup. I likey.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
let me know how you like the gearspeed synchros. im actually ordering a ls 5th from them this week

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Will do man. Should be back on the road shortly after I get the shocks back from Tein =)

KiddRacing header in...

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Excuse me for my ignorance, but that's the first time I've seen a kiddracing header. What are the specs?4-1?Is it a fairly new product?I've heard of it somewhere but I really know nothing about it or why it's a popular choice lately (or if it even is popular right now). Anyway, any info would be appreciated. I'm really interested and curious.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Someone buy this man's Starks! And looking good man. When is it gonna be ready for more AutoX?

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mark- Its just a well flowing header. Some people like it for looks and some like it for performance. Its not new and you cannot get the KiddRacing new anymore from my understanding. There was some drama and bs over on Honda-Tech about it. There are other companies that make the RMF style header as this is just that. KiddRacing is/was also a knock off.

Dominick- Starks sold last night ;) Thanks though for the plug =) As for being ready again, I have 2.5-3.5 weeks for Tein to ship back my shocks. So I plan on having everything else pretty much done by then so I can bolt up and get back on the road. I am signed up for an X on Feb 12th but its really cutting it close with the ETA of Tein...lol. We shall see!

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mark- Its just a well flowing header. Some people like it for looks and some like it for performance. Its not new and you cannot get the KiddRacing new anymore from my understanding. There was some drama and bs over on Honda-Tech about it. There are other companies that make the RMF style header as this is just that. KiddRacing is/was also a knock off.

Dominick- Starks sold last night ;) Thanks though for the plug =) As for being ready again, I have 2.5-3.5 weeks for Tein to ship back my shocks. So I plan on having everything else pretty much done by then so I can bolt up and get back on the road. I am signed up for an X on Feb 12th but its really cutting it close with the ETA of Tein...lol. We shall see!
Whoops. Sorry bout that one man. Didn't see that "edit" portion. But other than that I wish you luck on the shipping. Back when I had my DC5, I tried to order some rims from Japan but that was literally a week or two after the big earthquake. After about three weeks of nothing, I gave it a rest and dumped my plans for rims. I'm sure they'll come in soon.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah man, I'm not worried about it taking forever or anything. I know they have to order parts and turn them around. Just going to be cutting it close. But a friend offered up some BNIB K-sports so I can run. I should be able to race w/ or w/o the Teins back =)

And all OEM parts are in, Willwood is all in, shipping status on the HardRace stuff...Starks ship out today to their new owner!

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love this EM1. I find myself at least once a week reading through the thread. Great job sir.... definitely an inspiration.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man! tirerack.com has them all day =) Probably going to get another one...lol. Purchased for my track wheels and have yet to put them on it. Starks were on until they sold, now the RSZ-R's are on while the car is down...lol.

Spare all mounted up =)

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JDM ITR intake mani/tb

B16 head fresh from machine shop w/ ITR internals to match up the ITR cams I have...

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dam your EM1 is beautiful, i wish i had a EBP EM1...Good job on making yours look nice

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks man =)

Status...
Well working here and there on the car and also on some house project.

Car stuff, the hardrace bushings and endlinks are in place. The front LCA's w/ PIC bushings + compliance are mounted. Upper ball joints swapped out and knuckles hung. And placed the Wilwood rotors in their new home.

Should be putting the ARP studs in the rear hubs tomorrow night. And Tein called Friday afternoon with a shipping status for the dampers. So provided I have the time and all parts are in I should have the car together in a week

The home project
We tore out the linoleum flooring in the kitchen and gutted the bathroom area minus the shower section. We did the shower portion last year and have finally got around to the rest. So glad to get house project stuff out of the garage...lol. New tile flooring in the kitchen and bathroom along with all new fixtures in the bathroom. Everything in there is new now...well after we are finished...lol. Should be done this week with that stuff.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. What an awesome transformation!! Really diggin the current look :thumbup: