Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
using high quality lubricants in your engine as opposed to skimping out and buying the "autozone" brand oil because its cheaper
It's all SM oil... :what:

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got bored in math class and reread everything and cant believe no one posted redoin headliner :shock:

checkered ftmfw

MrCoupe

Hey guys im anoob to car modding and am just wondering on a GLI coupe that has black plastic side skirts and a black plastic line running down each side on the doors is it possible to have these sprayed the same tone black of the car? How much am i looking at and is it easily done? Also i would like to do the same for a new front bumper bar/grill (as in front bodykit) and eyelids. Thanks?

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys im anoob to car modding and am just wondering on a GLI coupe that has black plastic side skirts and a black plastic line running down each side on the doors is it possible to have these sprayed the same tone black of the car? How much am i looking at and is it easily done? Also i would like to do the same for a new front bumper bar/grill (as in front bodykit) and eyelids. Thanks?
Probably $50-100 at a body shop to paint match the skirts, etc. Add another $100-200 for the front bumper and eyelids.

jwhicker

Air Filter

New cold air intake. Or even a performance filter helps a lot too, and you get another mpg or two... usually. Get the Pro Dry filter so you don't have to worry about all the maintenance. =) I need to know what the cheapest way to get rid of scratches on the rear bumper is, any ideas?

Last edited:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Air intake on a civic, especially if its sohc helps a lot of nothing. And how deep are the scratches?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New cold air intake. Or even a performance filter helps a lot too, and you get another mpg or two... usually. Get the Pro Dry filter so you don't have to worry about all the maintenance. =) I need to know what the cheapest way to get rid of scratches on the rear bumper is, any ideas?
repaint. i have to do mine this summer

jwhicker

Scratches and Suspension

Air intake on a civic, especially if its sohc helps a lot of nothing. And how deep are the scratches?
The scratches on the bumper are pretty deep, down to the black plastic. The ones on the rest of the car are small and should be able to get buffed out easily. My buddy got a pro dry filter and it increased gas mileage by 2 mpg. Its a little more responsive now too but not very noticeable. Also, what is the best type of suspension (coil overs) under 1k?

mastashea20

5+ Year Member
hey for the headliner can u just use like some fabric spray and spray it the color olf ur choice(red for me)?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn you beat me with the headliner.i wanted to do that soon. maybe ill do a plaid design

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and the interior light. you should paint the gray black. i did it and it looks way bettter

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here is a cheap thing no one said. change your door speakers. worth it