Cheap Things to do to your 96-00 Civic

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont forget the red drums! :rolf: i wonder where people get the idea this stuff looks "legit".
Ive learned to either keep it, remove it, or get something better.
Or the shifter hacked off and cut shorter. My buddy did that on his 01 LX coupe. Stupidest idea ever. He used loc-tite to hold the knob on. He had to keep loc-titeing it every weekend b/c it kept coming off. :rolf:

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or the shifter hacked off and cut shorter. My buddy did that on his 01 LX coupe. Stupidest idea ever. He used loc-tite to hold the knob on. He had to keep loc-titeing it every weekend b/c it kept coming off. :rolf:
i would pay to see that! some guy shifting and suddenly handle in hand, but shifter in neutral. haha id just pay the 120ish for a skunk 2 short shifter and spend my time insalling that instead of messin up a perfectly good part. and remember APC = All Parts Crappy.
Recaros FTW

JDMDRIVEREK

I agree with D16racer!.....
here's a thought!!!!

DO NOT PUT CHEAP PARTS ON UR CAR! ! !
IF IT WERE TO TRANSFORM INTO BUMBLE BEE HE WOULD KICK UR A$$ FOR NOT SPENDIN CASH!

Last edited:

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if your ging to cut the short shifter spend the 15 for a die and thread the damn thing, or take it to your local machine shop and have them do it. otherwise its just an accident waiting to happen.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They are so free flowing from the factory, you'll be LUCKY to gain 2whp from an aftermarket intake (wether it be a short ram or cold air), header, and exhaust.
The intake side of Civics are very free flowing from the factory; the exhaust side: not so much. Project Car got 12 hp off of an exhaust on a Y8.

Ek4C707

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry to quote a 2 month old post, but this guy is annoying me with false information. ANY kind of intake on a Civic is pointless. They are so free flowing from the factory, you'll be LUCKY to gain 2whp from an aftermarket intake (wether it be a short ram or cold air), header, and exhaust. Cold air and short ram intakes are about equal performance wise. Especially on a Civic. Not everybody lives in a dry climate year round. I have a short ram on my Civic because I live in NY. It snows alot. Im not about to run a CAI, and drive thru some of the puddles around here after a decent rain storm.

Do your research before you start spreading information around, thinking you know it all. :oh:
trueeeeeeeeee. a intake, header or a exhaust doesn't gain you s**t. when i went to school. i took off parts and installed parts to check power gains and a i/h/e didn't gain you anything

you actually lose power from your stock parts. the only benefit you get is the loudness. i actually made a intake out of cardboard and duct tape and it got 5 hp. i did it on a dyno and that is why i got.

so you guys who think intake gives u hp. keep wishing.

sarquez

5+ Year Member
Hey there guys!

I'm new here, but got an idea for a change, at least I like it!

Below you have my 4 door all Red:

And this is after a 3M Vinyl application (alone at my garage):

Gives a new look to the ride

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy fresh paint, batman! :shock:

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you actually lose power from your stock parts. the only benefit you get is the loudness. i actually made a intake out of cardboard and duct tape and it got 5 hp. i did it on a dyno and that is why i got.
That made absolutely no sense. You just said that you lose power by modifying your intake from stock, then you said you made a custom intake and gained 5 horsepower. Complete contradiction.

Looks almost perfect! Your install looks clean!
X2

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tidy up your engine bay. I'm sure a lot of you have wires everywhere. Get some wire, some butt connectors, a crimping/cuttng tool, and some tape. Cut and move wires around and hide them away so they're less noticeable.

Replace rusty/dull washers and bolts in the bay. And paint brackets/parts that you can that are all rusty and dull.

Go under the hood and thoroughly wash UNDERNEATH your hood (aka the bottom of it). It looks 100x better than before. May be pointless to some, but I still do it anyways.

Don't let friends spill whole gallons of white ceiling paint on your floor either. It's not fun. I know this first hand.
DO NOT use butt connectors for a wire tuck. This has got to be the worst advise. Not trying to be a jerk or Talk sh** but if your going to do it, do it right.... Get a Soldering gun, get some solder, heat shrink, electrical tape, wire loom, and a good set of wire strippers. Do it RIGHT.... When you use connectors and start doing a ton of them, it looks shotty, at makes your bundle of wires 4 times the size if you dont seperate your cuts.... And the most important is they can come lose and lose connection, when you add things like that you put a break in the connection causing less power to go where it is needed. Yes you can get a good conn out of them and heck for something temporary or something that is just not used a lot but when your doing a tuck on wires that are needed for the engine bay, just do it right.... Please for your cars sake.... GL

zb12691

Ebuilt Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:rice: i feel bad for half of these cars on this thread :( this is kinda getting out of control

19josh97

RaWr Vtexz
5+ Year Member
Lol for all the guys freaking out on my post. I don't know if you noticed some of the sarcasm. I will post a picture of my car here soon. I dont have fake racing seats. I don't even have a fart can. I don't have a 6 inch tach in my window. The only thing I have is a fake lip to cover up my broken ass bumper because of ice. Lol and none of my brakes are red. All painted black with high temp paint. Sorry to offend sooo many people =) And my tails and what not were on the car. Im still working on getting the clean stock parts. Oh i do have cheap fogs. Because I live where there is a lot of deer. If it helps me see the road then guess what. Im keeping it.

19josh97

RaWr Vtexz
5+ Year Member
I like it except for the lip. IMO get a cheap CTR replica one, if you're going cheap.
If I could offord it I wouldddd. Like I said the lip is to cover my messed up bumper. The bottom of it is broken because of some ice chunks.