CHiLD's EG *BUILD UP THREAD*

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Minor exterior fixes are going to be the first things to come after the swap is in....tails, headlights and corners, spoiler and probably an OEM SiR lip for now just cause looking at the car bothers me at times

welcome back ;)
hahaha yeah im back once again! Gonna make a longer stay this time.

oddeb707 said:
gimme those mirrors!
you can have em. Spoon/Vision replicas with peeling clearcoat.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the project man

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah def. doesn't look half bad. at least the paint is in good condition, or from what i can tell from the pics. hey i have those same tails. i'm too lazy to change mine out even though i don't like them anymore, it's funny to see people rev at me though thinking i'm a dumb kid whose actually going to race them on a crowded street on my way to work(dumbasses) anyways, hope your project goes good for you, post some more pics after you get the new motor in.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^will do!

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can have em. Spoon/Vision replicas with peeling clearcoat.
they are prolly manual,

if they are power i'll send you some oe in same condition

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
glad to see your going to keep this EG alive!
Plans look good too.. can't wait to see some updates!

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are prolly manual,

if they are power i'll send you some oe in same condition
yeah they are manual. once i have some replacements slapped on ill let ya know

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Red EG hatch project is scrapped. Long story short, previous owner wants/needs a hatchback bad...He's co-owner to bar downtown with a good friend of mine who i happen to owe some money to...Debt squashed between us with the trade off of the hatch. I know you're thinkin' WTF CHiLD, but im picking up a white EJ1 coupe on monday and my JDM B16A swap that arrives tomorrow will be going into it.

CHiLD back in a white coupe...that's how it was meant to be i guess Pics of the coupe coming soon...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Being picked up monday morning for $1000 and taken straight to the shop for the JDM B16A swap. Major damage, beat up passenger side fender and ripple in the hood, minor damage, chipped and faded old paint and a small rust spot. Other than that, you couldn't find a more untouched 94 coupe! FInally found a ride that hasnt been in the hands of a tuner or ricer.

11/18/08

11/24/08
Coupe has been purchased and will be cleaned and touched up tomorrow. Tons of simple green, shampoo and clean interior and respray side skirts and moldings flat back. PasswordJDM 3point tower bar also to be painted, still debating on the actual color to be used.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most of the undesirable things like the wheels, ride height, tint, etc.. were going to be replaced with aftermarket parts anyway.reliability and light performance mods will come first...then ill make it look better

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coupe has been purchased and will be cleaned and touched up tomorrow. Tons of simple green, shampoo and clean interior and respray side skirts and moldings flat back. PasswordJDM 3point tower bar also to be painted, still debating on the actual color to be used.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
11/25/08
Tower bar painted graphite mettalic Nice and subtle and sparkles in the light. Engine being simple green'd to death
before

after

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
That brace is sweet.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
12/1/08

Cleaned up the car good enough to not make me feel sick being inside it and its on its way to the shop in about half an hour. My B16A arrived from Hmotorsonline a lil later than expected due to the holidays and backed up shipping. I only have a couple days out of the week to work on the car but i've gotten a lot done. Engine pics to come soon.

Clean up pics....

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bubbled tint being removed, which is uber hard since its cold and hard to keep the glass warm, and i should have some shots of the engine up later tonight if i dont pass out after work.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just been using some glass cleaner, a small space heater and a razor blade. Once you get the tint off, spray more glass cleaner or soapy water and scrape with a razor blade and the residue comes off pretty easy. Be careful of your defroster lines on the back window