CHiLD's EG *BUILD UP THREAD*

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1-26-09

Samco hoses and Buddy club radiator cap arrived.

Valve cover repainted as well as the tower bar. I wasn't feeling the dark color on the bar plus i was bored. The valve cover is a gunmetal gray clear coated with a color change metallic clear. So it looks plain gray in shadows or low light and color change in the sun.

Radiator, hoses, tower bar, valve cover, and brand new axles all installed today. Buddy club radiator cap wasn't installed because the prongs that make the cap stay on are bent a little too far in, just gotta pry em up a bit and it'll fit right on. My stock radiator stay was too high and i just bent it down to keep things in place.

and for the haters, i keep the car asleep on the outside =]

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good man.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is a great buildup, looking forward to the finished product. :beer:

But that pile (as it was) seriously cost you $3K? I hope you talked them down.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks you guys.

Eran, naw it didnt cost me 3 g's, i wrote it somewhere in the thread but i picked up the coupe with the d block in it for only 1000.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, that makes me feel better about this thread. $3K would have been the 'rape of the year' award. :scurred:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha yeah i would've been pissed and still looking for a shell.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^thanks. Gotta figure out a cheap set of rims and tires to throw on there. my tread of two tires is horrible.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2-2-09
Got bored and took some pics. Saving up for wheels and tires because i almost have no inner tread on two tires :(

2-3-09

I was at a Walmart near Mexico, like a literal 15 minute drive away, and found some 300 watt Sony 6 1/2's for 50 bucks (normally like 120) so i scooped em up.

from these

to these...The sound quality is awesome, and the magnet is large so the back of the plastic speaker holder has to be cut out in order to fit these.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2-13-09

EM Racing C-pillar quick release bar ordered

2-14-09

Drag Dr20 wheels in 15x7 +40 offset with Hankook Ventus 195-50's ordered. Was gonna go with 205's but ive heard some people having rubbing issues and some not. Figured i dont want to risk it.

I need to know the stock catalytic converter length for an EX or Si so that i can put one in and have it fit proper with my header and apexi WS exhaust i plan on getting. There's no way im paying 400-600 for an OEM one and all the aftermarket ones are different lengths but say they are for the same model

1991civicZC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take some white spary paint to those chips on the front lol they make spary paint that adheres to plastic for the front... like 3 bucks and looks a whole lot nicer....

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur gonna remove the engine to spray the car right?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take some white spary paint to those chips on the front lol they make spary paint that adheres to plastic for the front... like 3 bucks and looks a whole lot nicer....
I just might do that for the time being. I will for sure be replacing the front bumper at some point in time before a complete paint job.

ur gonna remove the engine to spray the car right?
Im not sure yet. The engine bays paint is in great condition, even the clearcoat is still good. Im planning to repaint the car the factory color so im not sure how far off the new paint vs the old good condtion paint will be. It will probably just come down to the cost of shooting the bay.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not sure yet. The engine bays paint is in great condition, even the clearcoat is still good. Im planning to repaint the car the factory color so im not sure how far off the new paint vs the old good condtion paint will be. It will probably just come down to the cost of shooting the bay.
the paint is not going to match. dont take shortcuts. you"re doing so good on being thorough so far on this one.. doint f**k it up lol..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^yeah you're right. Im the type who usually spends the extra dollar anyway.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the perfect set of wheels for you...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too bad i had to hurry up and buy some drag wheels for now. I hate buying something that im just going to replace later. But i seriously have been riding on luck....thats how little tire tread i have

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2-17-09

Wheels just arrived! That was fast from discount tire direct. Ordered online on saturday and already have em in the garage! Going to install now and photo updates later tonight.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lemme know. i wouldve sold u my racing harts for the same price as the drags...