CHiLD's EG *BUILD UP THREAD*

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good s**t, looks a helluva lot better already with just a good cleaning :thumbup:

Actually makes me want to SG my bay...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1-7-09
UGH the madness. Well i received my B16A from hmotorsonline.com and it wasn't passing a leakdown and compression test, so the motor was returned and i sought after a GSR. No luck with that and i just needed to get the car running and settled for a B18B1 swap with a GSR transmission. Has a piece of crap dented 4-2-1 header on it, and since my chassis is a DX i had to get my exhaust modified to fit with the header.

1-10-09
I have a carbon Yowaii intake given to me by my lil brother as a Christmas gift that i installed.

Had to get rid of the "chum chum chum chum chum chum" from start up, so i swapped out the worn plugs for some NGK Iridium IX plugs

1-11-09
[background info]My brother picked up the car from the shop when i got the call that my car was ready since i had to work, and he doesn't really know what to look for or checkout so of course he accepted it just by seeing that it was running. Once i checked it out, i found all my issues that need to be dealt with. Like im pretty sure i shouldn't be able to see my flywheel, the POS header is bent all to hell, and my driver side axle is duct taped!

Yeah duct taped!

1-12-09

Installed the tower bar and cleaned the bay a bit. Also had to put in an order for a Blox TPS sensor.

Painted the block and tranny (and yes the header too, only because it will be replaced by a nice stainless 4-1 eventually)

Also picked up a 30 dollar tachometer. Didnt want to pay to get a used gauge cluster.

Went ahead and put in my buddy club type 2 shift knob for the hell of it

1-13-09

Got tired of seeing my Carbing rear lower tie bar sitting on the floor so i threw it in today

No jack stands used ooooppss ;)

installed

the next few mods planned (not necessarily in this order)
ASR subframe brace
Function 7 LCA's
Buddy Club N+ dampers
B series axles
Vision 4-1 header
adjustable hi-flow cat
Apexi' WS exhaust
PasswordJDM rear tower bar
EM C-pillar bar
Original Buddy Club bucket seat

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Repainting the valve cover today

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So what happened with the shop?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they're just full of s**t over there. They through this setup together and claim they will contact me when they have a gsr to swap in to make up for my time and money spent on the B16A. I dont believe em, so im just fixing this ls longblock to make it daily driveable and i'll either boost it or find my own gsr longblock to swap in. I would have done the work myself so that i wouldnt have to trust someone with it, but with the neighborhood i live in, we aren't allowed to do any automotive work and they are strict as hell here.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i cant believe a shop actually used duct tape to fix an issue. Did they not think you would notice that heap?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Duct tape? Seriously?

f**k those guys.

Nice work so far man.

Leonard1818

5+ Year Member
Wow, good work! and duct tape?!?! seriously?! I hope you got a full refund from those clowns. I can't believe they'd send a car out like that. Ask for a refund or drive into a pole and sue the s**t out of them for shoddy work...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol @ ducktape

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah they knew i was having my bro pick it up and im sure they saw it as a chance to be ghetto. But im gonna fix all the issues. Im too pissed to go back around them. Found some axles for 100 bucks so ill get those replaced soon.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TPS scheduled for delivery today! No more sputtering, bad gas mileage, or up and down idle =)

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1-15-09
Blox TPS arrived. 2" Aluminum half-sized radiator was order like 5 minutes ago.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks great so far!
good luck man... reminds me of my build! lol

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1-16-09

Blox TPS installed

1-17-09

Samco radiator hoses ordered
Buddy club radiator cap ordered

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1-20-09

New CD player installed along with mp3 player for some tunes

Finally got the last of the old cracked and peeling tint off of my car.

1-21-09

Yonaka 2" aluminum radiator came in today! Axles, Samco radiator hoses, and buddy club radiator cap should be in tomorrow or friday

Some lights in my gauge cluster went out last night, so i decided to go amber in the cluster.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That amber looks good
gl luck with the build definitely watching this one

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1-22-09

Brice from JHPUSA.com called and said my blue samco radiator hoses were on backorder and would be about 4 weeks before they arrived, so i switched to red. New shipment arrival date for the hoses and radiator cap is jan 26th