CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should buy my wheels!
naw...you rocked em too clean. Everybody will be like, that's child's car with watisjdm's wheels. haha. I thinking of going with 16's when i get a big boy set of wheels. not sure though
wait i forget, are you getting it polished or chrome dipped? i dont remember reading it anywhere
^ I'm thinking chrome dipped.. he's a baller remember!?
Black chrome dipped :D
black chrome :D
Just dropped the valve cover off a lil while ago. Was told a week and a half to 2 weeks before its ready.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
come one.....ive barely driven on em lol

I need $$ to get these wheels for my lexus

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Valver dropped off so i set the car to TDC since i might get my 50*VTC before i get my valve cover back and it'll just be easier to line it up perfectly this way.......aka......i was bored

sexy innards

TDC

clear markings for easy timing adjustments

16 links between each cam gear dot for the timing chain

Also put on all new rubber hangers for the exhaust. Sits nice and snug. Oh and this is the EG hatch version of the exhaust (for those who always wonder if EG exhausts fit on EKs)

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that exhaust going to be too close to the bumper? I have the same exhaust but I think mine sits just a bit lower.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice Child, Nice!

Cgp, i have the same exhaust and it hanging exactly the same as childs, Specially with new hangers. It doesn't melt the bumper.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
might have already posted, but do you have any plans for another intake manifold..maybe ITB's?! :o

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice! I bet that plate frame adds some power :lol:
20ft lbs of torque and higher mpg lol. Thanks again Justin.

Is that exhaust going to be too close to the bumper? I have the same exhaust but I think mine sits just a bit lower.
its actually a tiny below the bumper. The new hangers makes it sit super close. I took the pic a lil too low to see the space.

might have already posted, but do you have any plans for another intake manifold..maybe ITB's?! :o
I will be using a RBC intake manifold.

Been hiding on CC I see? Car is looking good.
Lol. What up OG!

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not much, was talking to Justin about wheels and he mentioned your build. Looks good, but all your cars on CI looked good too.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome pics. Any reason you bought the EG exhaust rather than the EK?
Thanks. I bought the eg version because its made to fit withthe normal catalytic converter that's under the car. All the ek hatch exhausts from apexi are for the cx/dx with the stupid integrated cat that's part of the essayist manifold (which is much longer).

if I got the ek version, I would end up needing it cut and a flange welded on to fit with the swap. The eg version can be left un-modified and bolted up with the hybrid racing test pipe to the k. So going this route is easier and cheaper in the long run.

I tried contracting apexi-usa about a ek version that would match up to a b-series motor, but I never got an answer back...and that was months ago.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks. I bought the eg version because its made to fit withthe normal catalytic converter that's under the car. All the ek hatch exhausts from apexi are for the cx/dx with the stupid integrated cat that's part of the essayist manifold (which is much longer).

if I got the ek version, I would end up needing it cut and a flange welded on to fit with the swap. The eg version can be left un-modified and bolted up with the hybrid racing test pipe to the k. So going this route is easier and cheaper in the long run.

I tried contracting apexi-usa about a ek version that would match up to a b-series motor, but I never got an answer back...and that was months ago.
Ok, that makes perfect sense. I was actually planning on cutting the B-pipe of the WS2 whenever I get one for that very reason hahah. That's great to know. So there aren't any fitment issues?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok, that makes perfect sense. I was actually planning on cutting the B-pipe of the WS2 whenever I get one for that very reason hahah. That's great to know. So there aren't any fitment issues?
No issues once the pipes are in the right configuration. The Z shaped portion fits in both directions but one way hangs the exhaust low and the other its perfect. You will be missing one hanger on the chassis itself that would connect to the second hanger on the b pipe but it fits so well that it doesn't droop without a rubber hanger in that spot (as you can see) I plan to have a hanger bar welded in the chassis tunnel eventually just because and a tiny bit more clearance although its not needed.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No issues once the pipes are in the right configuration. The Z shaped portion fits in both directions but one way hangs the exhaust low and the other its perfect. You will be missing one hanger on the chassis itself that would connect to the second hanger on the b pipe but it fits so well that it doesn't droop without a rubber hanger in that spot (as you can see) I plan to have a hanger bar welded in the chassis tunnel eventually just because and a tiny bit more clearance although its not needed.
Awesome! Well that made my research easy.