CHILD'S *EK* ... finally i have an EK

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahaha, no traction.....shift.....no traction but moving faster...shift.... no traction but less pegging.....4th now we're moving! I barely get good traction until 3rd as it is unless im lightly on the pedal. Should just daily with slicks

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NA Ks are sick

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Hahaha, no traction.....shift.....no traction but moving faster...shift.... no traction but less pegging.....4th now we're moving! I barely get good traction until 3rd as it is unless im lightly on the pedal. Should just daily with slicks
That'd be fun until it rained! even drag radials would scare the s**t out of me in some decent rain lol

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you sized the turbo properly, you wouldn't have to worry about "lag" or " engine/throttle response "

As for traction. Its all on throttle modulation. Wanna talk tq? Try driving a car that makes 500lb tq at 2k rpms and carries it all the way to red line. Essh. Blown V8 problems haha.

Good lookin man. Keep it up.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I get you, but like everything else, I want my setups to look a certain way as well as perform the way I want. If I go turbo, it'll be massive. I can handle traction through "boost by gear" but that would limit a lot of available power on a track. Since I want a little bit of everything with either setup, I'm basically just weighing the sacrifices I'm willing to deal with on each end.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to see you build a turbo set up, since I know it would be all out and over the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[YOUTUBE="The swap..."]bJo7WJbAink[/YOUTUBE]

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OMG.. Damn man I wish I had the funds and patience to K swap.. I'm really thinking about it seriously now.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OMG.. Damn man I wish I had the funds and patience to K swap.. I'm really thinking about it seriously now.
You should do it if your stock motor is fine. I dont recommend doing it my way lol but its not bad at all with normal swap parts. What gets people is, they start saving and make a major purchase and then think, "well I waited this long for that part so I might as well hold out for more expensive parts". That's what drives the price up. There's just as many cheap options to at least have a driveable car that can be upgraded later like people do with B and H swaps.

I might add it up later, but im sure a B series with all the same upgrades I did for my K would be very similar in price.

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Right, I'm thinking like, the guy I bought my brakes from has a dc2 subframe, lower control arms, and steering rack all for 100$ That k24a4 for 600$, and then hunt for an rsx base or ep3 trans and use ekk2 swap axles but that's all I know about what id need..

And at the end of the day just do bolt ons, and try to get at least 200 hp that would be all I'd need

Killa_CiViC

When Honda's Attack!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I might add it up later, but im sure a B series with all the same upgrades I did for my K would be very similar in price.
That's about what mine's coming out to. So far my tally is.

Engine $1200 (TSX)
Transmission $400 (RSX Base)
Shifter box and cables $200
Type-S axles $100
DC subframe $70
DC control arms $100
DC power steering rack $75 + rebuild = $250 or so
GSR 24mm sway bar $75
MR2 electric power steering pump $200

New parts needed
Fuel delivery +/- $300
Harness +/- $500
K-pro +/- $900
Mounts $500
Header +/- $500
And I haven't decided on a throttle body.. trying to figure out what OEM cable throttle bodies fit on the tsx manifold... I'm sure there are some miscellaneous parts I've forgotten , but I think that comes out to about $5300 , which is about what a complete B18C5 swap from hmotors will cost, with shipping.

EDIT
You're right though.... there is that urge to wait a little longer to spend a little more money for that slightly more expensive part... In the mean time, I suffer because my D16Y7 automatic slows-mobile can't get beat a 5 year old on a tricycle.
Expensive monkeys Ive fought off my back so far... tucked harness, expensive intake manifolds/throttle bodies, factory LSD transmissions (oops, that's a part I forgot to list, aftermarket LSD)..... That K-Tuned header you've got is freakin' beautiful though... I may just have to spring for that.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look at that thing goooooo! Spinning it to 8k aye. Love love love how it hums at 7k + rpms. There is no denying that there is a different note a k makes at those rpms than a Bseries haha.

I dig it.

Also. With the price of thr ramhorn header ktuned makes. I'd save $100-$200 more for an ASP header when its on a group buy which happens more often then I'd thought. I hate my ktuned header. But luckily for me. Boost is in the future

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The group buy headers are smaller, for the price of them, you might as well get a full blown custom ASP header. I got my ktuned ram header when all the internet racers tried hating everything about it based off of the look and short coming of dyno sheets that arent necessarily that useful to begin with lol. During that time, they were listed for full price but vendors and a few people were selling them cheap and going along with the header hate threads. The 421 and 41 ktuned headers are pretty small but they dont claim to perform like a custom race header.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did some light painting, why, because photographer