Civic type RR rebuild

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well here in Thailand it is the top model. Called 2.0 EL AT AS which obviously means something for them. Basically Civic with all the toys. Automatic, Paddle shift manual option, leather interior etc etc. The only difference between this car and the MUGEN Civic was the body kit plus some easy mods such as brakes, suspension. These mods are done on my car so as it stands its spec is exactly the same as the MUGEN Civic from 2006. Check out this http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/index.html. So this car but in black.
But its not the same as the limited mugen editions. You could say that you had a replica.

clong

5+ Year Member
Found some before photos.
U

clong

5+ Year Member
and some pics from today at the honda shop. Still waiting for some body kit parts to be painted and fitted but otherwise coming along nicely. CF bonnet still hasnt arrived.

JDMJNKY

Banned
Insane you are! my only recommendation is some more aggressive lookin wheels

great job tho'

clong

5+ Year Member
The wheels on the car are WIDETRACKS from Lenso which from what i can see are the same as whats on the RR. But if you have some suggestions i am all ears :-)

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, you do any engine work? that engine bay looked completely empty, pretty extreme just to paint IMO.

Did it come with a K-series?

clong

5+ Year Member
engine is a K20Z2 which is the same as Z3 in the states just different emissions. Installed headers, sports air filter, cat back exhaust and cold air intake for now. I will also install a GREDDY Ultimate ecu unit when i source turbo kit for it here in asia but thats later on.

clong

5+ Year Member
Heh All, So i went to the Honda shop today expecting to pick my revamped civic up from them. I walk into the work shop and low and behold, the front grill bumper and spoiler are all removed. Strange considering that the new grill came yesterday and they were meant to have it installed and ready to go today. So, of course i queried what was wrong......You will not believe it! Some idiot at the Honda shop had glued the old front grill to the car so...presto...they couldnt remove it to install the new one. Consequences being they have to repaint the whole front bumper again. Plus in the process pulling the old one off they of course snapped it in two. :-) :-) All i could do was Smile & Wave.

808EK96

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That sucks - All well just have to wait a little longer. Can't wait to see !

vid_man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car looks great dude.... hope u get that hood so i think that would finish it off

clong

5+ Year Member
thanks for the feedback. not sure about the rims either. Will look for some new oes soon. if you guys have any suggestions on rims then fire them at me. Cant wait to get the new bonnet :-) i think that will top it all off. Cheers guys and girls :-)