Differences between 96-98 and 99-00

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
They fit. I have Si skirts on my '98 coupe.
cool, thanks... are they any different? or exactly the same shape/design?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mahlmann said:
cool, thanks... are they any different? or exactly the same shape/design?
Exactly the same. It'd eb better to make your own thread next time.

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Exactly the same. It'd eb better to make your own thread next time.
cool, thanks for the responces... i didn't make a thread because i knew i would only get like 2 responces and dindn't want to waste thread space

lsported

5+ Year Member
Are there any differences in the taillight wiring harnesses? I own a 1998 Civic Ex Coupe. I recently bought some 99-00 taillights and put them on. However, the taillights on the trunk portion have to bulb sockets but the wiring harness has only 1 bulb. So basically when I turn on the headlights and step on teh brake, on the taillights on the corners light up and not the ones on the trunk, hence the missing bulb. I don't remember changing the wiring harness or not when I installed the Euros but that might've been the problem. The taillights on the corners are fine. I had Eurolights on there before but I prefer the more clean look now so I decided to get the 99-00 tails. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If I remember correctly the wiring harnesses are different between the '96-'98 coupe taillights and the '99-'00 coupe taillights.

I inherited half (the inners) of a set of euro lights on a trunk I bought and it is missing sockets too, so that might be the problem.

I'd go check the extra set of '96-'98 taillights I uesd to have, but Zeller Automotive effictively stole them from me. :D

civydcex04

5+ Year Member
I think the headlights look different but are the same size and 96-00 all fiit each other!! I got my boys 99 headlights and they fit my 97 fine!!!! Bumper will not fit and that is for sure, I tried and it didnt look or fit right!!!

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civydcex04 said:
I think the headlights look different but are the same size and 96-00 all fiit each other!! I got my boys 99 headlights and they fit my 97 fine!!!! Bumper will not fit and that is for sure, I tried and it didnt look or fit right!!!
picture please?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civydcex04 said:
Yeah, I've seen the bumpers interchanged between the wrong year cars and it never fit right. They're about the samne size, but it doesn't look right.

lsported

5+ Year Member
does anyone have the part number to the tail light wiring harness? I'm having a bit of trouble with that.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I posted the part numbers to all four harnesses ('98 coupe inner and outter harneses and '99 coupe inner and outter harnesses) in your other thread. Hope that helps.

RiceOne

5+ Year Member
Jay Jay is wrong

itsmycookie said:
no the whole fronts are different it won;t line up unless you do a full front end conversion
wrong. it won;t bolt right up as stated ^^ above by jay jay

96-98 and 99-00 Civics will not bolt up. You will have to do whole front end swap. It will not line up.:lol:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Um... repeating that why?

turbod16phase

5+ Year Member
lsported said:
does anyone have the part number to the tail light wiring harness? I'm having a bit of trouble with that.
What trouble ? i think same harness using tail lights.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbod16phase said:
What trouble ? i think same harness using tail lights.
No they don't. I posted part numbers earlier.

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OKiz
What about the rear 96-98 rear bumper to the civics of 99-00? Direct fittment?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
VTi_ME said:
OKiz
What about the rear 96-98 rear bumper to the civics of 99-00? Direct fittment?
Yes.

All '96-'00 COUPE REAR BUMPERS will fit all '96-'00 COUPES and SEDANS.

All '96-'00 SEDAN REAR BUMPERS will fit all '96-'00 SEDANS and COUPES.

All '96-'00 HATCH REAR BUMPERS will fit all '96-'00 HATCHES.

The only difference is the '99-'00 rear bumpers have a slight lip that juts out at the bottom of the bumper. The '96-'98 rear bumpers do not have this trait.

jdm97ek4

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you guys r idiots. 96-98 front end is diff from 99-00. headlights,grille,bumper and hood.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jdm97ek4 said:
you guys r idiots. 96-98 front end is diff from 99-00. headlights,grille,bumper and hood.
And core support.

I'm pretty sure we went over this long long long ago, many many many times.

We were talking about REAR bumpers.

FRONTS are completely different from the years ('96-'98 compared to '99-'00).

REARS are interechangeble between the years like I said before.

You sir, are the idiot. Learn to read.

Btw, you don't own an EK and it's certainly not an EK4. You own an EJ6, just liek every other '96-'00 Civic hatch made for the USDM market.

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i didnt see this in here it might have been.. but the rear panels (on each side of the seat) is different..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
schutzracing said:
i didnt see this in here it might have been.. but the rear panels (on each side of the seat) is different..
Rear panels? Which body style(s)?

Sedans have cushions on either side of it's rear seat, a sort of extension of the seat. Hatches and coupes have plastic panels that make up the sides of the car's interior.

Also, explain how they're different please.