Ek coupe build. **From rags to riches**

Redcoupeson

real cars? come to pa, ill show you some real cars too =)

haha well ive seen 10's done, so if i do for sure build a set, thats what i will be aiming for. just needs more stretch to fit lol but the contest is about low, not wide. now we are both at a good width, we just need to get the lowest
yeah real cars. ha. we got 2 cars that were on stancenation.com. a car that was in s3 magazine. and a car that was in import tuner. and thats just in spartanburg area

Redcoupeson

i've seen plenty of 15x9 setups on 5th and 6th gens and without crazy camber like that. G-Rat aka garret comes to mind.
well theres not any around here. and i doubt they are running 0 offset and with alot of fender work. look at my back fenders. they arent really that pulled at all. i can pull them alot and have no camber at all

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah real cars. ha. we got 2 cars that were on stancenation.com. a car that was in s3 magazine. and a car that was in import tuner. and thats just in spartanburg area
that doesn't mean they are real cars, just means they whored their car out enough and submitted on the forums and stuff. im on them daily, and the ones that go on the main page just keep their builds at the top of the lists lol or know people

but i know some people that have made it on also lol and many that are just as good as the ones that make it on.

Redcoupeson

that doesn't mean they are real cars, just means they whored their car out enough and submitted on the forums and stuff. im on them daily, and the ones that go on the main page just keep their builds at the top of the lists lol or know people

but i know some people that have made it on also lol and many that are just as good as the ones that make it on.
the one that was in s3 magazine he drives his daily and is sponsored by D2. griffin drives his daily. and steven has 2 cars. one lexus for daily and the z for fun. they all put in hard work in their cars and its crazy what they've done to it.

here's griffin:
http://www.stancenation.com/2011/04/23/meaty-fitment-3/

here's steven:
http://www.stancenation.com/2011/07/11/reppin-south-carolina/

here's justin:
http://www.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416181997&o=int&prev=si

oh and check out our website.
http://theburgsc.blogspot.com/

Redcoupeson

[P1] HeadGasket;3175751 said:
why you would trade BBS for xxr's and those fake brides for s2k's is beyond me but nice build
BBS werent wide enough. i want wide wheels and i cant afford $140 per lip for the BBS to make them wider. so i sold them and got xxrs. and the seats..thats just it lol they were fake. i wouldnt ever spend 1k per seat on a car thats worth at best 5k. fake brides for s2k seats is a good deal to me. and i missed leaning back lol. and my gf hated them cause they were hard to get in and out of.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well theres not any around here. and i doubt they are running 0 offset and with alot of fender work. look at my back fenders. they arent really that pulled at all. i can pull them alot and have no camber at all
then why wouldn't you pull them to fit the wheels properly? And running 0 offset isn't impressive if the inner wheel isn't barely clearing the suspension and trailing arms. If that were the case, people would be rocking 6.5" wide wheels with negative offsets.

to each their own ;)

Redcoupeson

then why wouldn't you pull them to fit the wheels properly? And running 0 offset isn't impressive if the inner wheel isn't barely clearing the suspension and trailing arms. If that were the case, people would be rocking 6.5" wide wheels with negative offsets.

to each their own ;)
cause i look when people look and stare at my car. the ones that have no clue what the hell is going on with my car. to see their faces when they see my wheels is priceless. maybe down the road ill pull the s**t out of the fenders and stand them up

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like it! i wish i had 15x9s in the rear

you need some higher spring rates in the rear though and fix that front end alignment. would make it look a lot better if the panels lined up

i would also do the phonebook trick in the front so you can pull it more and go lower

Redcoupeson

I like it! i wish i had 15x9s in the rear

you need some higher spring rates in the rear though and fix that front end alignment. would make it look a lot better if the panels lined up

i would also do the phonebook trick in the front so you can pull it more and go lower
we paper rolled the front and back. i cant go any lower until i fix my stupid exhaust. thats after christmas. if i get enough money for xmas that is. and i cant afford an alignment right now either. all in good time.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah ok

well i can see a lot more pull available for when you go lower. and alignment as in body panel alignment, not wheel alignment lol

Redcoupeson

ah ok

well i can see a lot more pull available for when you go lower. and alignment as in body panel alignment, not wheel alignment lol
oh hahaha my bad. yeah the only body panels messed up is the hood that is off line and the front left bumper is broke but i have it ziptied on until i can find a better way to fix it w/o buying a whole new bumper.

yeah i can pull the hell out of the fenders and then lower it more.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well id try to get that stuff fixed, would look so much better and spray bomb the lip red awhile or something

but yeah pull them, fix exhaust, go low

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shredding tire....hmmm, can i borrow some of your tire money?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shredding tire....hmmm, can i borrow some of your tire money?
it goes away, rubbing sidewall is pretty common when you go wide. doesnt kill tire life, just rubs till it clears

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i know it can be common, i would have had that as well. To me fitment is all about making it "fit" instead of grinding it away. There's a big buldge on the rear quarter panel, so the roll job wasn't done smooth. I dont see the point in messing anything up (even if its just a some shavings of rubber)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i suppose. just curious but where is the bulge? i couldnt find it. i see your point, but some of us love having a small enough gap that paper can be held there. its all a matter of preference. him and i happen to have the same one

Redcoupeson

well id try to get that stuff fixed, would look so much better and spray bomb the lip red awhile or something

but yeah pull them, fix exhaust, go low
imma do the the lip and grill both red to match the car. but the mesh part of the grill will stay black. im going to put a sticker on the side of the car soon =)=)

i know it can be common, i would have had that as well. To me fitment is all about making it "fit" instead of grinding it away. There's a big buldge on the rear quarter panel, so the roll job wasn't done smooth. I dont see the point in messing anything up (even if its just a some shavings of rubber)
they do fit. they fit perfect. you cant put 15x9 on a ek and not expect to rub some. unless you do some insane fender work. its not messing anything up. its just polishing the sidewall =) and there isnt a buldge on the quarter panel. we did a paper roll. not a roller. you cant have a buldge with magazines

Redcoupeson

i suppose. just curious but where is the bulge? i couldnt find it. i see your point, but some of us love having a small enough gap that paper can be held there. its all a matter of preference. him and i happen to have the same one
the gap between my rear tires and the fender wouldnt fit a piece of paper. theres no way. haha. i love it. got asked today if i was worried my tires were gonna fall off and another guy asked me if i was worried my tire would pop from hitting the fender haha.

yes we have the same preference. thats y we need 2 have a photoshoot with our cars. that would be sick as hell. theres only once ek around here i like more than mine and its katies. she is probably lower than you are. its crazy