EKCIVICJDMSTYLE's restoration. thanks deer

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
guys i need some advice. the autobody business is pretty slow in roanoke va at this time and i have 3 things i need now but will only have the $ for one at a time so what first? ek9 molding, duckbill, alarm with key fob? hopefully installing the turbo kit this weekend. windows getting tinted to virginia's legal standards friday. va's car laws absolutely suck balls.

ViperSRT3g

***** Philanthropist
Just keep those cars looking awesome for future photo shoots =)
And FYI there's more pics to come, just have to edit the better ones so we can release them as one big set.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*update*
got some LS Meshes today. nitto neo gens are going on them tomorrow

and just for some envy from V.I.R. last year. literally bumped into him

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so just put a s20 tranny in and the input shaft bearing is bad, motor is starting to smoke so before i finish the body im gonna pull the motor and rebuild it and the tranny.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well motor is comin out in a few weeks to get a full refresh. hopfully low comp. pistons and rods too as ill be putting the turbo kit the same time.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lovin the color and the new meshies! i say polish the wheels and it will look sick.

good luck on the rebuild, and boost man!

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well ive been slackin on here but the car just came out of the shop yesterday. motor completely rebuilt. machine shop said the guy who put the head together before f**ked it up so bad that they almost had to get another head. but motor is running strong now. also laid down some freash paint on the valve cover. pulling the trans out this week to rebuild it. then break in period, then boost.

few pics

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's really nice. I'd love to see this thing in person, but I live up in pa. There needs to be another Honda meet in like MA or VA sometime before winter.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didnt get to go to any because I just gotthis car in October and I can't go for my license till thanksgiving weekend.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks better with those meshies...

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well a little update. finished up the motor. running great now. no more clouds of smoke behind me. now pullin the trans out to rebuild it. guess imma have to put the car on the back burner for a while till after xmas and tax returns start comin in. next is a CB duckbill and jdm thin moldings.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well had the trans R&R'd but the bearings i ordered were wrong. i think honda ordered them for the wrongs trans. i needed the car to drive to TN for thanksgiving and all the bearing still seemed ok. so we put it back together. shifts great but still needs an input shaft bearing. i guess that will have to wait a while. just makes an awful sound. but here are some pics at Virginia International Raceway for Oktoberfast.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks great man. you mentioned roanoke va, you live near there? im in salem which depending on where at in roanoke you go to can be a 15 min ride. keep up the good work.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i live outside of ronaoke on the otherside out by rockymount. are you on vadriven.com? we have meets every other sunday, you should come out.