EKCIVICJDMSTYLE's restoration. thanks deer

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
deff. man. ill deff be out when the warm weather is consistent. ill hopefully have it back in a few weeks. im still waiting on the cam.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i finally got the head back from the machine shop. full port and polish, gasket matched, 3 angle valve job, supertech valves springs and retainers. still waiting for the cam

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so apperently everything Bisimoto is on back order. waiting on the cam gear and clutch to come in. then its on to get a good dyno tune by Matt Shue

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well everyone its been a long time sense i posted on here. long story short, the shop that was building my motor completely screwed me over. ended up having to sell the car. *tear* bought a blacktop sr20 240sx coupe.... turbo went bad. sold that and ended up with an 04 rx8. gonna get out of the game for a little while till i can catch my finances up. i do love the rx8 though lol

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn man that sucks. i was excited to see this build pop up in my subscribed threads. hows the rx-8? iv wanted one for a while but still expensive.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i was pretty insanely pissed. but i absolutely the rx8. most amazing car ive ever driven. only complaint is the gas mileage. 18mpg ftl

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn man that sucks. i was excited to see this build pop up in my subscribed threads. hows the rx-8? iv wanted one for a while but still expensive.
Too expensive? they lose like 65% of their value after the first three years lol

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Too expensive? they lose like 65% of their value after the first three years lol
why that much? most people around here want 15k or so for them. and most dealers dont have them anymore. at least not that iv seen.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You went from a boosted girl's car...to a....

....slow girl's car. :lol:

GL with everything mang.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmmmm may look into getting one come tax time. love rx8s. what shop was it that screwed you over so people know?

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You went from a boosted girl's car...to a....

....slow girl's car. :lol:

GL with everything mang.
thanks for the opinion. dont know how i could have gone without it.

BST Motorsports in gretna va. he wouldnt finish the car. spent the money i paid him on other things for his cars. then threatened put a mechanics lean on it when i tried to take it back. so i just sold it too him. lost a lot of money on that.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm so jealous of people who get body work done and then a fresh paint job. Your car looked MINT! :thumbs up I wish I had the money for that...my car needs it SO BADLY.

I'm diggin the RX-8. My brother used to own one. There were only 2 things I liked about the car though: 1. 9k redline 2. handling. Otherwise, it was meh for me. I read a lot of people were complaining how Mazda overrated the power those actually had. Definitely didn't feel all that fast.

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i miss that car. i did all the body work and everything myself plus a few friends and rising perfection auto. the rx8 has good horsepower but is s**t on torque. the only real reason people hate on rotarys is because they dont know much about them. they are actually pretty amazing engines. a 1.3 liter that puts out 247hp amazes me.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you sell it to someone on here?

Or are you posting that as you found it and got it back?

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ended up trading it for a 240 at a shop in gretna va. im just curious as to where it is now. after all the work i put into it id like to follow it and see how its doing lol. i feel like i put my kid up for a closed adoption haha