honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
nd4sped said:
Dude I have the answer to all your problems. I have a particle ionizer generator.

You know liek the Food Generator on Star Trek. But mines more advanced. I make Skylines with it.
but can it transport beer is the question.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civic_crx said:
i have a 91 hatchback with a dohc zc yes jdm, but my friend told me that if i switch my computer to and si one it will go a lil faster?? is dat true?? and can an si sohc beat my zc??? what im thinking is that my car wont turn on cuz im dohc ?? so i need sum help peeps thanks
yes MY sohc vtec can beat u

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
blazinrex said:
yes MY sohc vtec can beat u
get rid of that turbo and i doubt it will.

ilovecivics

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DOHC ZC vs. D16z6

Wondering about peoples experinces with both setups.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I havent driven either or.. but Ive heard good things about both.. I will have a zc soon..

Why49

Dat a big wing round eye!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am also debating on which one to get, I'm pretty much dead locked. I've got the money, but I don't want to make an impulse decision. They have nearly the same power and torque, the ZC is a twin cam, the Z6 has VTEC. Each has its ups and downs. I'd imagine it would be easier to get parts for the Z6. The ZC uses all sorts of random Honda/Acura part numbers, which can become a hassle going between dealership parts departments. From experience, I've never actually seen a ZC in a fourth gen. in person. I have seen a built turbo Z6 in a guy named Felix's 1990 hatch. It is very nice, considering he did it himself. He is the well known Honda head from around here. Check out his website, http://www.geocities.com/chacofgs/chaco.html

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have zc,im happy as hell with it.....
but its goin bye bye soon! *hint

Last edited by a moderator:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know much about those engines, but from my experiences w/ a dohc b16 i would take a non-vtec twin cam over a vtec single cam, even if they have the same power.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DOHC ZC is the s**t, i love mine, cant wait to get my aftermarket cams, valves, valve springs, retainers....lol

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Going-West said:
i dont know much about those engines, but from my experiences w/ a dohc b16 i would take a non-vtec twin cam over a vtec single cam, even if they have the same power.
i'd choose my b18 over a sohc vtec any day.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the z6 has way more building options than the zc. tons of companies make aftermarket rods, pistons, cams, everything for the single cam. but with the zc your options are limited. there are far less companies willing to make more than just simple s**t for the motor. the choice would depend on what your goals are and your budget. if you want an easy swap that you dont plan on going all out with, the zc is the way to go. with the z6 you have to either buy a obd0-obd1 conversion harness to run the p28 ecu, or use another way to activate vtec AND get the performance you should from it.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
alot when it's all motor, lol.

GreyGoose

"Itz nuthin"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like my z6. but i have heared of some dohc zc beasts. after the basic stuff, theres not much more aftermarket support for the zc. i think you could put some b16 cams in there(someone correct me if im wrong). check out www.d-series.org and check out what they have on there. there is a separate section for just the dohc zc

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
somehow I doubt cams for a b16 will work in a zc..

GreyGoose

"Itz nuthin"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i hear, you could fit them in but you just need to tune it really really good for them to work. just what i hear...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
who said i was goining to use b16 cams? i made a list on civic4g.com of at least 14 aftermakret/performance things for the DOHC ZC. it was to prove a point to an ass hole.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i raced a buddy of mine with a B16a2 motor, we where runnin about a buck twenty (120).

GreyGoose

"Itz nuthin"
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
91 Hatchie said:
who said i was goining to use b16 cams? i made a list on civic4g.com of at least 14 aftermakret/performance things for the DOHC ZC. it was to prove a point to an ass hole.
i never said you were going to use them, it was more like a question in general. doesnt jackson racing make a charger for that engine?