Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sleepers have to be fast.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sleeper with aftermarket wheels, lights, and deck, fail!

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Did you throw away your OEM head lights?
I gave my OEM headlights to my dad who owns a body shop called STN Automotive. I cleaned them up and donated them to their cause. Did the same with the back lights and the Stock Air box.

what so sleeper? you have a sohc with a intake? im confused here
As with all good things they take time. I will be putting a turbo in her soon. If you are referring to swapping my engine for a "B". All I have to say is, maybe some day but for now I will stick with my D16 which I am very proud of and I will keep tweaking until it blows up. So don't be confused just understand I am not your average ricer. =)

Yeah, if it's as slow as it looks it's not a sleeper.
Would it help if I said that It was a work in progress?

I see no whale penis intake. Just a ebay short ram with a little chode filter from AutoZone/Advance Auto. And why the need for a computer in a car? You play games on it at red lights? Or do you pull over to play your WoW game with your super wi-fi connection?
HAHAHA.. True about the intake, it's just a pipe with a filter on the end. I was thinking about paintin black, anyway. About the computer sorry to say no WIFI :( but it does play movies, and the GPS I took me to canada last summer. Every once in a while I will bust out old skool Mario on the Nintendo Emulator. =) The usefulness of the computer comes when I get a check engine lite because something happened. I can reset it on the fly and it will tell me what code it was. I could play wow on it but I'm not into those kind of games, give me gears of war or Unreal Tournament and now we are talki'n.

my 2c: undo everything youve done so far. if your family is struggling, invest money into them, not the civic
Why? This car was symbol of our struggle. We are not in hard times anymore. Should I say something else? I wanted to convey something of personal history for me. Almost like the before and after pictures. Now that my family is doing well we can splurge and make this car look sweet.

For future reference: This is a whale penis.
Holy s**t dude that is huge HAHAHA. Cool Picture Dark Creep

Do the airplane mod, push it off a bridge and see if it flies.
If it does sweet, if not you've done the world a favor getting rid of that eyesore.
All I have to say is "wow" with a smile. =)

I knew this would turn into a hate thread.
Pretty much, but it's kinda funny. I am not one who gets pissed about negative criticism.

Sleepers have to be fast.
You are correct. She will be as fast as I want her to be. I am not looking to break records, and she has to look very different than the average modded civic. I think of a car that's ballzy but looks totally opposite. That is my goal.

:word: and be stock looking or look like a piece of crap but still smokes anything on the road.
I see someone understands part of what I want to accomplish... Exactly...

sleeper with aftermarket wheels, lights, and deck, fail!
I changed out the wheels and the lights because they looked dated plus they were worn. I don't undestand what you mean by "deck" as I have not done anything to that part of the car yet.

Damn! I'm confused here!!!
Don't be just read above and understand... =)

section 4 paragraph 3 is the definition of a sleeper civic...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=civic
Thanks for the info Tek-C The s**t on that site is funny as hell. I know she does not look so stock but I did not have any other definition or category to put her in. I mean I do not intend her to look like every other ricers car. I guess you can say that she is a reflection of myself in a way.

Al I just want to add Thank You so far for your comments in this thread. Some a pretty funny, I was hoping to have to cool suggestions, but a good laugh is cool too. I have just started to scratch the surface of the modding scene but as you all should gather I am like the guy in the back that no one knows with the shitty car that's really smart because he is not like all the rest I do plan on dropping her a little, and doing other stuff as well such as a turbo which i think is #1 on my mod list. I just don't want her to look like the car everyone has seen over and over on the cover of Honda Tuning magazine. Yeah those car look nice and but in my opinion they are played out especially the Civic Hatches. They are cool and fast but there are other models people, more variety. I know it sounds like I'm ranting just want to give you all some perspective, some thanks and where I am coming from. This way you all know that I am always a good sport and that I do it because it's fun.

Last edited:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So it's a future sleeper?

so currently it's just in a comma soon to upgrade to sleeping?

GL w/the build man :D

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i just think youre a little confused on the definition of a sleeper. if it attracts any attention (positive or negative) from the kids in the phony pony at the stoplight next to you it's not a sleeper. the body needs to be stock

glad to hear your family is doing better now. having a car to mod as a hobby in honor of something/someone is great, just keep your priorities straight. good luck :thumbs up

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Do you really think that she attracts so much attention? I mean i get a couple of stares here and there but my dad has a white little hatch that he uses as a beater for work that's in awsome shape. He always tells me that he is tired of people asking if he wants to sell his car. Abviously I know why, He gets more attention than I do with that thing.

i just think youre a little confused on the definition of a sleeper. if it attracts any attention (positive or negative) from the kids in the phony pony at the stoplight next to you it's not a sleeper. the body needs to be stock

glad to hear your family is doing better now. having a car to mod as a hobby in honor of something/someone is great, just keep your priorities straight. good luck :thumbs up

jonats2k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To me, the tail lights, head lights and rims throw the car off. Also, a rear bumper retouch could be done as well since there's alot of white spots i've seen.

But, do what you want. Everyone has a way of customizing their own car. GL! :thumbup:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you really think that she attracts so much attention? I mean i get a couple of stares here and there but my dad has a white little hatch that he uses as a beater for work that's in awsome shape. He always tells me that he is tired of people asking if he wants to sell his car. Abviously I know why, He gets more attention than I do with that thing.
Yes, your well on your way to ricerdom. Please don't ever call your car a sleeper again until you learn WTF a sleeper is. I think any sleeper in a civic is hard to pull now days, maybe back in the 90's before all the hype.

Hecz car is closest thing to a sleeper I've seen here in Chicago

only pic i can find now

OEM wheels, black powder coated WS exhaust H22 swapped.

Your car will likely never be a sleeper time to find a new verb.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
where's that pic of the faded red stock coupe on steelies with the k20 swap under the hood? now that was a sleeper

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
H22 ek...yup best sleeper Ive seen

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Ok guys.. So I get the point that technically she is not a sleeper anymore. Anyone got any other cool names? You might think I'm joking but I'm serious. Perhaps just "Ghetto Rice"? As hooked_on4 said I need a new verb. Thank You all for your input so far.

jerzfinest13

5+ Year Member
Instead of thinking of nicknames for your car, think of what you can do to make it look decent and not Horriffic.. please. & like everyone said, Headlights & tailights, get them back bro. and start wrking on it man, look on previous mods and see what ppl have done to their sedans...but please dnt copy haha
g.l man

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow.. lol. this thread is nuts. :sleep: