Got pulled over by a cop...

Black&Mild

5+ Year Member
The sensor he is referring to is a EZ job. It was in the original instake, you must have forgot to put it back in. It will go into the hole located on the intake for the pressure to read in the engine.

If this is unplugged you'll get a check/engine light. Which would not pass smog if you got it checked- which is a stupid ass reason for a cop to trip- he was looking for something..

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
correct^ all they can do is look inside the car from what is visible through the windows. if you say no to search or popping hood, let them bring the dog. and guess what, dogs cant sniff out illegal mods! (only drugs lol). so if dog finds nothing, they must let you go. your car is considered property, you paid for it right? so if you have nothing illegal in the car, you better say hell no to popping the hood. its just gonna cause more problems.
Damn! And I thought I could hide my stash in my engine compartment... Ahhh HECK with it! The freakin dog would only smell engine, oil, burned rubber and clutch, etc... Well, I still use the spot under the e-brake. lol I've learned to be honest with cops when they stop you and ask "do you know why i stopped you?" If I were a cop and stopped a kid and he flat out lied to me in my face, i'd sure be a d**k to him. And I've gotten away 3times being honest, the other 22 times, not so lucky....

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so when did this tread relate to illegal (other then car) substances?

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh s**t! (on post #62)

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you are supposed to say "you don't know why they stopped you" when they ask you that question.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
most good cops can use subterfuge quite fluently. they will say, "can you pop your hood?"
and you say, "yes". now you are being complient, giving them permission that you might not have to. a good walk around this is to say "is this voluntary?"

this is also why they ask you why they stopped you, or how fast you were going. if they clocked you at a speed slower than what you state, they can ticket you for what you stated, as you were admitting to it.

when you ask "do i have to?" they are required to say if it's voluntary or mandatory.

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think the cops are fking with you. She tell him "can I plug in your hole...?' hehehe He like that idea better. J/k. Cops are known to be a sucker sometime. Thats how it is.... Do you have picture of how your intake installed? it will help us determine your proper way to install.

speedyC'dan

5+ Year Member
that cop is a b***h... anyhow, i still want to see how a AEM short ram intake should be installed properly... I really don't have a clue what that pig is talking about... pics would be a big help... thanks guys!!!
alright can we please stop using pig as a word synonomous with cop. jsut because one is an asshat dosn't mean they all are. i understand your upset but just get to the bottom of it and figure it out.
there are a couple of sites about this

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080606174919AAjNSus

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73003

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Where can I find a list of mods that I can install in California?

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like your hatch, lemme know when you're gettin rid of it.