Hendo's EF hatch project

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just bought a pile of parts, pics when they get here. Rear quarters are all I have left to get now. At 50% on body work/paint $$$ too. =)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Christmas in March. BNIB OEM tails, door/fender/quarter panel trim. And some fasteners and a fender liner etc.

Complete tails, too, new gaskets and wiring, not just new lenses. Up to 60% for body work/paint. I'm getting a little impatient XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Been a minute, sorry. Work is still ridiculously busy and I've got no time for getting stuff done. But:

This last stretch is excruciating. I'm at about 90% saved up, still need rear quarters and a drivers side fender though. Just ordered up the other fender liner (decided I couldn't have one new one and one old one XD) and new wiper arms too. The spring on the drivers side arm is sort of blown out, it likes to lift a little a highway speeds. Plus I mean, ya know, NEW. I've decided I'm going to replace the windshield. It's hazy along the passenger side seal and I've picked up a little bullseye on that side to boot. I want this car to look as new as possible after all this, stuff like that would bug the crap out of me. Going to get my rubber mounted and balanced on the Enkeis this week. I'll post pics. =)

When s**t finally starts happening, it's going to come together quickly. Arrgh, it's drivin' me nuts!

SiMAC

Where are you ordering all your OEM stuff from? every time I try and order stuff it says discontinued and I can't get it. :(

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
These are the best KIND of boxes:

Other fender liner plus two new wiper arms:

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ordered up new rear quarters and a drivers fender. Two of the three are on back order, so now the waiting game begins anew. Sucks!

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well that wasn't so long. Parts came in today, gotta get it together. Talk to my man, Rico. XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Put the old battle cruiser up for sale to help finance this business. I went through $8000 all told and only got about 43,000 miles out of the experience, but it was fun. Typical used BMW too from what I've heard lol.

Gonna miss the long, silent freeway cruises, but onward we go.

Soon to be someone else's financial burden. XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
One more laugh at all its filthy, rusty glory :D

Because this also happened today:

Gonna be a few weeks. Maybe I'll post some more pics then.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is gonna get expensive. Looks like we're building some inner wheel wells.

"Well, the guy that "fixed" it the first time did a horribly shitty job" he says to me. The other side isn't as bad but they're both going to be replaced. Hatch is too far gone, trying to dig one of those up too.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Another will die so that mine can live lol. Ordered up some EK hatch sideskirts (I really like the way they look on the 4th gen). Thinking about getting a DA front lip to cut up and mount on the rear bumper. And I just found some ridiculous mid-wing in my garage that I bought years ago, but I don't think I'm gonna use it. It's a Mugen replica, but might detract from the light up center garnish I'm seriously debating. Meh, prolly too ricey. The wing, not the light up garnish. That's just bad ass. And rare as f**k. We'll see, I'm already digging way deeper than I initially thought I'd have to. Might as well go all the way, right? My wife may not approve lol

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Garage diggin'. Musta bought that midwing in 2006 XD

It's actually a really nicely made piece. It's friggin heavy.

Can't remember where I even got this steering wheel, the emblem looks bronze..?

SiR CRX spoiler I got for free with some other bits, should prolly sell it:

Just say no to projectors XD

So thoughts on the midwing? It's much better quality than I remembered...

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'd like to see pics of the mid wing mocked up. It could be pretty original...

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
20+ year old car, it's all been done already. I'm just late to the game so it's still new to me XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Brought it inside, emblem is gold. Leather wrapped. An SiR says this picture. Sweet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Srs bsnss:

At the point where we need the new shell to keep on. He's gonna work on the bumpers, but after that its just rust that needs to be cut out and freshness welded in/on. Somehow I am very happy about this state of disrepair XD