how many of you would literally build your own house/home from scratch?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it me or are the walls not drawn true?

sleeper si

Registered VIP
is it me or are the walls not drawn true?
it is not you, it is the existing structure and those walls need to be same.

maybe you guys need to see some more pics?

anyways I will hire guys (because they are cheap) to do all the manual labor, while i just inspect and supervise.=)

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
lol you kids are clueless... do you know how often someone comes in says " these hardwood floors are old, lets replace them with laminate flooring" EVERY f**king TIME... do you know the value of original top nail 2 inch old growth oak? bet you dont, nor do you know that "updating" a home like that lowers the value. or that replacing something that is "outdated" with new trendy cheap plastics that will break also lowers the overall draw to true investors. but what do you expect from people who fix up econo box cars...
Oh boy. I've been doing this for seven years, I know where to sacrifice budget and where to stay true. The cost of resurfacing hardwood is about inline with carpet/padding.
And when you say value, you're speaking of emotional or historic, not appraisal ;)
Emotion in business has no place, emotional attachment to certain deals we had on the table cost us a couple times because we couldn't see through our own attachment to the deal itself.
Not to mention, I can't remember ever installing plastic fixtures or hardware. Lol.

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I take a home the average buyer would not be able to purchase or would have no interest in and make it something they fight over with 15 others. Neighbors love me, flippers have almost exclusively helped raise home values in Solano county. Take a look at the mls for my area, mostly flipped homes with a handful of overpriced REOs and private sellers that got sold on a high asking price for their piece of s**t. If you feel so ill of my profession, I'm interested in hearing your opinion on real estate agents

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I can't see the pics really well, but I assume the water damage is from the roof seeping, oops. Are the termites active? Termidor treatment is a minimum of 1k before any repairs to the damaged structure. Pest and roof, the end all be all of deal killers.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
I can't see the pics really well, but I assume the water damage is from the roof seeping, oops. Are the termites active? Termidor treatment is a minimum of 1k before any repairs to the damaged structure. Pest and roof, the end all be all of deal killers.
that is why might as well demo the whole structure and start from scratch.

ad hoc repair of the wood beams lol

front of house

the rear of house

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
x2 :popcorn:

sleeper si

Registered VIP
Bamboo Scaffolding, haven't seen that in a while. Guys should really be wearing a safety line and harness. Front of the home looks in better shape than the rear.
bamboo is like a dime a dozen =)

front has been updated by the commies but nothing done on the rear. so it just got worse and worse.