Intertwined's '99 DAP hatch

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good still. ever think about wet sanding your header and see if you can get the nice gold color?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i used some throttle body / intake manifold cleaner to clean the IACV. just make sure to wipe up the excess and let it air dry for a bit before putting it back on.

@2slo never thought about sanding the header. didnt even know it was something that people did lol........and it was close to the nice golden color until it pushed the back side of my old radiator into the front side of it.....then it got all scuffed up and what not......i was actually thinking about wrapping it with some DEI black header wrap.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i actually see people do it all the time. i use to when i had a header. a lot of people have the wrong burn color which should change the header into a gold color but i see that one of yours has a dark blue spot..a nice wetsand should get rid of that and hopefully if you keep grease off of it while installing the header it should turn gold.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How did I miss this thread? Loooks good. Whenever you wet sand your header, make sure to spray carb cleaner or something to that efect to get off any oil which makes it do the gross nasty look.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the info yall. ill def. have to try that before i fully commit to wrapping it! :D

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nothin new yet, weathers still been to shitty to get more stuff off of the SI.........but........monday im going to be getting something new for the hatch

teaser pic........yes i know shitty crop job. did it fast just to get the pic

086head

Registered VIP
Clean build, makes me very jealous >=) hope to be able to do stuff like this to my vehicles one day without jacking something up

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well today i drove 5 hours from my house to Florence KY to pick up my new part. 2slo4u already guessed it right off the bat

99-00 C-West front bumper

and here it is put up on a shelf in my garage until i get a small spot on it fixed and the whole thing painted

dude was real cool. he had bought a CTR front end with the C West bumper but never got a car for it to all go on. bought the bumper for $160 and he also threw in a cargo cover when he saw that i didnt have one lol SCORE!

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks 086head.........and dude dont be afraid to work on your vehicle. hondas are literally just like building legos lol. the motor swap had me sketched at first, but once i started unhooking things to remove the b16 outta my si i realized how easy it really is.

as long as you have the tools needed all you need after that is the time and dedication to whatever project you have at hand

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well today i drove 5 hours from my house to Florence KY to pick up my new part. 2slo4u already guessed it right off the bat!
You were only 30 minutes from me...

Who did you get it off of? Have fun in the snow or did you get out of there before all of that?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there was snow on the ground, but none on the road. it did start to flurry as i was leaving. i bought it from yoshi1rky off of nwp4life

086head

Registered VIP
@Inter motor swaps, trannys, and clutches are no big deal to me. Actualy what intimidates me the most is stuff like painting and wiring. I love to turn a wrench now but when it comes to personalizing outside of the motor bay, or even in, is that when doing a diy paint on moldings, valves covers, and ect is that im just going to have one ugly result in the end.