Intertwined's '99 DAP hatch

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahhh ok i gotcha. and i know what ya mean. when the motor was in my EM1 and it had the yellow VC i had painted it 4 different times. first time was straight dook. just kept finding what worked for me and what didnt as i went along. once my tax return hits and if i get the wheels i want i will be painting them as well. going to do them the same color as my VC and short ram.

in the end its just paint. it can always be sanded/stripped and redone =) wish i had an air compressor and a gun. id try sprayin the whole car myself lol

wiring on the other hand can be intimidating. ill do it if need be, but more often than not id rather avoid the headache. i hate soldering and splicing, did to much of it when i was in the army.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In for the bumper install. No test fit pics? :D

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no test fit pics yet. left at 8am and got home at 6:30pm. was dark outside and i didnt feel like it after all that driving lol. gonna do the test fit sometime this week.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know the c-west bumper at any angle :p
Should look good man. Good job not sticking to the oem style :thumbup:
Any plans on getting the sides to match?

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know the c-west bumper at any angle :p
Should look good man. Good job not sticking to the oem style :thumbup:
Any plans on getting the sides to match?
thanks, and yeah i want either the c west sides or chargespeed sides. its just a matter of finding some. if you know where some are for sale please inform me. im just waiting for my tax refund to hit my bank account so i can buy more stuffs lol

and if i could find both the authentic sides and rear bumper for a good price i might do the full kit.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so after i got home from work tonight i decided i wanted to test fit the C-West bumper even if it was dark outside lol. it hangs well and everything WILL line up pretty damn good once i adjust my driver side fender. at the moment its sitting back a little to far so i was having to try and stretch the bumper to reach the mounting points

heres the result of the whole 15 minutes i spent on it for a quick test fit.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can't find the authentic ones, I know a place where that sells great replica's. I got my side skirts from them. Thinking about getting bigger rims to play off the body kit look?
The c-west side skirts matched with the Sergeant Rear Diffuser is full of win. That's what I would do...but I'm a ricer :thumbup:

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where do you get the reps at and how much? and i want to get 16x7's. theres some wheels i want for sale if my income taxes would hurry and show up before someone else buys them.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ordered a couple kits from ED. Theyre customer service was good and the quality was better than most.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ordered a couple kits from ED. Theyre customer service was good and the quality was better than most.
I highly recommend them for body kit parts. I called and talked to management and asked if I could save on shipping by putting my front bumper and side skirts all in one box instead of sending two boxes and paying higher shipping charges..he was cool with it and I saved myself $165

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I highly recommend them for body kit parts. I called and talked to management and asked if I could save on shipping by putting my front bumper and side skirts all in one box instead of sending two boxes and paying higher shipping charges..he was cool with it and I saved myself $165
i might just have to do that then. the Cwest rep side skirts and rear bumper arent to bad of a price. and if i could get them to combine them for less shipping.............hmmmm definitely keeping this in mind. tyvm guys.

how was the fitment on the sideskirts? did they line up pretty good right off the bat?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep the sides fit perfectly..not shaving or anything was needed.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome. side skirts are definitely in the near future then!
:thumbup: there are very few of us who will still rock the body kit..keep it alive
looking forward to see how you match the rear

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:drool: :drool: :drool: Plum hatches... I almost snatched one from my dealer that was a trade in but they told me "I didn't want it". Asshats.

Anyway. I'm really loving where this build is going. Seriously subscribed. You have my attention sir.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had the tsunami kit on my EM1 for the longest time. i thought it was a bit to much after all those years. i like the C-West bc its different and not over dramatic

that sergeant rear diffuser is niiiiiiiiiiiiice. not sure if i can justify spending $500 on a rep of it though. hmmmm quite possibly just going to go with the full C-West look. would be nice to have legit skirts and rear but theyre hard to find. i got lucky with the front.

thanks for subscribing Crash. the compliments are keeping my mind flowing with what i want to do. i just hope that if i get the wheels that i want that they wont turn people away to much lol.