JDM Coupe Birth To Death...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zzzpoohzzz said:
what is your intake?
to me it just looks like the stock intake without the box is that right?

other than that... nice ride =)
its just a basic intake tube with a K&N filter on it... but soon it WILL be the stock airbox.. im tired of the filter on a stick...

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zzzpoohzzz said:
what is your intake?
to me it just looks like the stock intake without the box is that right?

other than that... nice ride =)
u r kidding right? I mean it doesnt BLING AEM or anything but I figured one could tell the diff. between the stock airbox and duct work.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
u r kidding right? I mean it doesnt BLING AEM or anything but I figured one could tell the diff. between the stock airbox and duct work.
it being painted black throws of a lot of people.. i cant wait to get the new intake.. im going stock airbow, drop in k&n and spoon intake elbow.. same or better than short ram, and the intake filter stays cleaner..

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice.......

I bought a no name brand ebay CAI. Can u paint the rubber fittings (on the throttle body and CA conection)? What type of paint will stick to rubber and be heat tolerant?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
saaa-weeeeeeeeetness. I love that wrap... and I just told you that on AIM lol.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
saaa-weeeeeeeeetness. I love that wrap... and I just told you that on AIM lol.
thanks... its mad jdm to wrap your header pipes.. lol

PBzAllan said:
i like your fogsss
thanks they are JDM SIR fogs... they were pretty hard to find...

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice car man.... And if you think that your enine bay is dirty then you can come over and clean mine any day........ ;)

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice wut does it run?

Also, i just read a whole about how having a breather can actually make u lose power D:

ImportFever96

no rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice engine bay... love that cam gear....whats all the bottons in the inside for?....

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I always wondered. If your into autocross, why do you have nitrous? Just for fun on the highway or what?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh, pretty and clean. I think I just made a new detailing friend. ;)

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks pretty damn good.. I like..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TheVTECPush said:
Nice car man.... And if you think that your enine bay is dirty then you can come over and clean mine any day........ ;)
well its reasonably clean.. but i think i can get it MUCH cleaner...

surfer4life722 said:
its beggin for a strut man...BEGGIN
strut bar?? thought about it.. but its just something i never got to... mayeb one day..

FhCRubarb said:
Nice wut does it run?
no idea man...

FhCRubarb said:
Also, i just read a whole about how having a breather can actually make u lose power D:
i found that under WOT on juice i was actualy sucking a little oil back into the intake..NOT GOOD.. that is why the filter is there... one day ill put a catch can in there, but again.. haven't gotten around to it..

ImportFever96 said:
nice engine bay... love that cam gear....whats all the bottons in the inside for?....
they are for my nitrous system... left to right "arming" "heater" "purge"

Tainted Ramen said:
I always wondered. If your into autocross, why do you have nitrous? Just for fun on the highway or what?
hmm i think that we miscomunicated at some point.. i like autocross, but really out of all the racing around.. i prefer street racing the most, and before ANYONE says anything about it being gay, and watching too many movies.. you have to understand.. where ive raced on the street its NOTHING Like that.. long straight roads that run through the middle of no where.. and its one of the best things ever..

NOFX said:
Oh, pretty and clean. I think I just made a new detailing friend. ;)
thank you.. the outside was actualy not as clean as i like it to be.. but i was pretty happy with the START of my engine cleaing.. im determined to get the WHOLE car MUCH cleaner... i think right now the level is "clean" im shooting more for "spotless".. lol

neojen said:
looks pretty damn good.. I like..
bklynEG said:
pretty clean, nice car.
thanks for all the great comments..... i went with nitrous on my single cam over two years ago and dollar for dollar there was no better choice... i think i want more now.. and im reallly not sure what to do.. im thinking about a swap and nitrous... or maybe turbo D and nitrous on the intercooler.. i wont be making the choice any time soon.. i still have to give it a lot more thought..

DXisb16a

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man i got a question or two for u about ur gauges , were the stero used to go u have to gauges and the switches? how did u make that piece or what did u use? and how did u hook up ur volt meter? i have mine hooked up but its not reading properly thanks

99cleanCIVICex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow man, your car is looking good. Nice clean engine bay, interior looks cool too. Do you know your 1/4 mile time??????

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DXisb16a said:
hey man i got a question or two for u about ur gauges , were the stero used to go u have to gauges and the switches? how did u make that piece or what did u use? and how did u hook up ur volt meter? i have mine hooked up but its not reading properly thanks
i moved the stereo to the bottom DIN the one by the cup holder.. if you have an aftermarket stereo it will fit perfectly.. if you have the stock headunit you have to modify the s**t out of it.. it needs to be shaved with a dremel and it really sucked getting it in there.. but its in good now... as far as the top piece.. i bought a stereo instalation kit and took the trim from that and popped it in.. that left me with a hole exactly one DIN large... i then cut some plexi that size.. and that is the plate.. i cut it the TINYIEST bit too big.. like JUST a hair.. this allowed me to "snap" it in without needing any adhesive... the plate was then measured drilled sanded and prepped to be painted.. then painted and mounted the gauges.. thats it really.. took a while of off and on working on it.. i have a nice piece of plate carbon fiber that i think im going to remake a plate out of...