K00PA's "Barney Mobile" Build

K00PA

Registered VIP
Dig the filter
:thumbs up
That's is nice... I like people who know their s*** instead of people who buy things just because. That's why I follow the OG builds.
Thanks alot...
Yeah, one thing about me is following certain trends is not necessairly my steelo! Thats like a 57 year old man, wearing skinny jeans and trying to get into the music industry :|

K00PA

Registered VIP
Here's some more quick pics and sorry for the horrible snapshots, was just trying to get a few before the rain!

3" just like my older one...

Filter is 5x bigger then the last

K00PA

Registered VIP
I've been patiently waiting for a great while now cause at the local dealership they only sell them in an entire set and I didnt need all four so, I guess you can say I was blessed today! I had a customer come in the shop and needed tires really bad, so I went as far as trying to sell him the best set for his budget and we finished the deal but he was so interested in the road hazard warranty and he couldnt afford it so just so happened, I gave him the free tire for the buy three get 1 free special and he was super excited. After I set him up I went out and got the tire size and come to find, he had an four door EK, Lol... I also noticed he had mud guards all around so I asked him if he wanted to sell them and he said man if you could just take them off you can have them. So I asked him are you sure cause I didnt want to just take them, but he was quite up front that he didnt want them on the car, so to make a long story short, I guess when you bless someone God blesses you back x3 ;)

He wanted me to keep all four but I had no need for the rears so he told me to trash them... Only thing I didnt really like is the inner bracing was rusted but hey it was for free so I cant complain! They were dirty so cleaned them with a alcohol based cleaner plus they were also a little faded so I got some Meguiars 12oz. Ultimate Black and polish and it came out great again!

...here's the comparison after restoration

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No mud out here in these streets! Lol. Nice pick up

K00PA

Registered VIP
Lol, right! Just more horrible roads to screw up crap!
Honestly they come in handy tho cause I was exiting 249 going to the chiropractor and they just repainted the lane divider in the street and paint slung all over my rear bumper so now Im kinda glad I have them now cause til' this day I still cant get that paint off, lol but its all good cause the car needs paint and body work anyway!

K00PA

Registered VIP
...last week I got a little credit card happy!

Spoon Goodies

I really wanted a spoon radiator stay but no application for the 92-95 civic for some odd reason!?!? Even though its one of the most popular chassis for so many after marketable upgrades, but I'm definitely surprised at spoon! Anyway got more parts but pretty tired so I'll post more pics when I get a chance :cool:

K00PA

Registered VIP
Went to two dealerships to gather up some more parts today and unfortunately they didnt have nothing in stock so it'll all be here in 3-5 days, so the waiting game begins :(

Oh you love your honda huh? Me too, So no need for a Carfax report! Lol

In the mean time I got this in today...

New Prothane UCA Bushing:

...and my new radiator stay from www.velocityshop.com

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Comin along real nice bro!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Thanks alot, trying to keep everything on point is hard for this build cause I start modding and see more parts that needs to be replaced, lol...

I dont see how some people can build a car and not get rid of all the old unuseful, broken, wornout parts!?!? But hey, toeachisown I guess!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Are all those Honda receipts for parts? It doesn't seem like you're the type to have anyone do your work and a carfax report won't show anything about parts you buy/install on your own... Anyway, you're doing an awesome job man! I hope to get all my tired and beat parts swapped out too. Bushings and junk like you have here. Very very nice!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Are all those Honda receipts for parts? It doesn't seem like you're the type to have anyone do your work and a carfax report won't show anything about parts you buy/install on your own... Anyway, you're doing an awesome job man! I hope to get all my tired and beat parts swapped out too. Bushings and junk like you have here. Very very nice!
Yea, those are all honda receipts, and i have another folder for after market parts receipts too...and hell no Im a tech at a shop so Im not having anyone touch my car, plus why pay someone to do something I can do and if not better! Atleast I can say I know how everything works, how its all been done, and that its been done properly if I do it. Carfax report, no...it was just a sense of humor, but if I ever decide to sell the car I can sell it for what I want instead of having someone lowball me with receipts to back it up...I've been working on hondas for a while, so this is definitely not my first ball game! ;)

K00PA

Registered VIP
That sir was serious.
:cool:

Actually this is serious! Cause trying to take out old OE bushings are a pain if not heated up!

(Before I get into details, I'd just like to say the reason I had been on here all day is that I didnt feel like going in to work today but they called me and literally begged me, so I went in!) Thought you'd like to know!

Anyway while I was at work, I decided to press in my new UCA bushings! The reason I say it was a pain is because honda use a rubber mated bushing on pretty much everything, so getting them out is a hassle in which trying to press out the metal seal on the inside! The best thing to do is take some brake clean or rubber prep and light it on fire to soften the rubber but with my luck my mini torch was empty! So had to break out old Snap-On for the job ;) (Yes, Im a snap-on guy; its another thing that takes all my money, lol)

Enough with the rambling, here's the pics!

Old UCA & Bushings:

Uber crusty!

Horrible bushings BTW

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude that much money spent at honda, you need to check out, hondapartsunlimited.com hondapartscheap.com
Acuraoemparts.com

K00PA

Registered VIP
Dude that much money spent at honda, you need to check out, hondapartsunlimited.com hondapartscheap.com
Acuraoemparts.com
:???:
Keywords:
1. hondapartsUNLIMITED.com ...there is no such thing cause some OEM parts are limited thats why some get discontiued, thats why I wouldnt order from there cause it sounds fishy!

2. hondapartsCHEAP.com ...I mean it says cheap for christ sakes. I haven't went cheap on my car since day one so I'm not going to start now, lol just saying

3. Acuraoemparts.com ...never even heard of them so definitely wont waist my time there! In addition to honda/acura being the best thing that ever happened in this world to me; I dont own an Acura

...but to be honest I just flatout dont trust alot of online sites when it comes to OEM parts cause anyone can make an OEM honda sticker with a part# on it and slap it on a package. So thats why I stick with www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, www.JDMland.com (ICB), and www.inlinefour.com. Plus I rather have the original Honda receipts from the dealership anyway :thumbs up Therefore if I ever have kids and have to pass the car along they'll have something 100% legit to cherish! ;)

K00PA

Registered VIP
Here's more pics...

Everything Prep'd and Ready To Go!

Closer look at the old worn bushings

Disgusting ball joints

Oh yea for you who may not know, be very careful these bracket are very sturdy for driven capability, but when pressing in new bushing you can bend them cause its a very thin metal so dont destroy your shot at them, and have to take a chance on buying new ones when there's no need ;)

My other destructive tech taking a swing at it, lol (We are two destructive mofo's)

Thanks to the little nut to the right we were able to break them free and push them out cause the attatchments/socket braces were all to big! Now that's what you call redneck & black poboy mechanical engineering right there! :lol::lol::lol:

Got the new prothanes in and connected them to the old arms just to get a look and damn they're beefy!