matt96ex's Project: CX Hatchback

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just read 1-22 and I'm loving it. Keep it up and good luck!

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just read 1-22 and I'm loving it. Keep it up and good luck!
Damn, thanks man! Motor is going to come out soon! Either going to buy an ITR tranny or make a custom tranny. Not sure yet.

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn, thanks man! Motor is going to come out soon! Either going to buy an ITR tranny or make a custom tranny. Not sure yet.
Me too, not sure what brand FD and LSD to get and all the custom gearing. I think ima just buy a ITR 4.7 tranny and call it a day. Lmk what you do.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad your keeping it man!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bet ITR tranny will end up being less in the long run. And you get to say you got a ITR tranny :D

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Me too, not sure what brand FD and LSD to get and all the custom gearing. I think ima just buy a ITR 4.7 tranny and call it a day. Lmk what you do.
I'd really like the JDM ITR trans too. Thinking about a US ITR trans but not sure about that. If I were to do a custom tranny, I'd probably use all OEM gears, etc. Just mix and match like put in a LS 5th gear. I've read Type R trans are basicly B16 1-3 and GSR 4-5. Still need to do some research on all this.

Glad your keeping it man!
Yes I am too. I would still love to get an S2000 though.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yo dude, glad to see your still have her !

I have an ITR transmission and the LSD is a night and day difference. Going around turns/corners with the lsd is something you should have if your doing auto x..... trust me !

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo dude, glad to see your still have her !

I have an ITR transmission and the LSD is a night and day difference. Going around turns/corners with the lsd is something you should have if your doing auto x..... trust me !
Very nice. Do you have a US or JDM tranny? Trying to decide if I will notice a difference in the two. Final drives are different and also the 4th and 5th gears.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Back from the dead.
After my last update, I pulled the motor in Feb. 2011. Rebuilt it to OEM specs. Bought an ITR trans and drove the piss out of it. Did a bunch of autox's this past summer. Had a blast with it, but for real this time, I'm ready to move on. Ready to buy another motorcycle. But I also found my next car I want, so I'm trying to jump on that.

My FS ad is over at Honda-tech.
http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=3018308

Let me know if you are interested in anything.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Dude, It sucks you sold it/ parted it out! it was inspiration for mine, cause I also started with little!, just hope your next project pulls through!