Milano red EJ1 w/ b16a2 swap, auto to manual conversion, plus extras!

K00PA

Registered VIP
I haven't. I'll check that out! I just like the idea of having a less than common swap although I know it's pretty popular, even my grandma has a B series swap (HA!). I had a buddy about 6 years ago run a H22 in his 93 coupe but that thing was less than nice. Basically a tin can with a motor. No interior, no paint, running open header... I hated being inside that thing. Lost any interest in owning a Honda after that. Glad I found this deal, but now I'm trying to walk that fine line of classy mods with "set it and forget it" type power. Meaning I don't want to keep tuning.
Here's the link: (BTW Its "NOT CHEESEFROGS" hatch, I dont know why he gets credit for this car! :x)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOcqMOSvpRI

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics of the rx7 and the evo and the nsx please!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I didn't take a lot of pictures of anything before 05/06 so I doubt i'll be able to locate anything on the Evo, 7, or 350 that's worth showing. I do have an actual printed picture of the 350 getting worked on in my garage, but i'd have to dig for it. Not really sure why I don't have a lot of pics of any of those cars?? Probably cause I didn't have a camera phone back then i'm guessing. Then NSX however... I have stacks upon stacks of photos/video of that car. I hesitate to post anything on it though. I can PM you guys a pic/vid if you can keep it private.

Stand by....

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice nsx!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Hey guys, have a question about the harness situation. The box of goodies I have includes the 99 si ECU and the main engine harness. There isn't any dash, rear, or fuse harnesses but the guy I got all this stuff from says "forum" people told him this was all he needed so he didn't take anything else from his parts car. Am I screwed or... I'm trying to understand how this is going to work using the 94 fuse blocks and everything else, but swap in the 99 computer and engine harness?? I haven't even looked at how that all is wired up so maybe it'll be clear to me once I see it, but it's been on my mind for a few days. Just no time with family here still.

Also, the 94 harness can be disconnected over the pass and driver side wheel wells allowing the engine to come out with some of the harness still attached. The 99 harness I have is not that way. Again, I haven't really looked into it, but i'm just trying to sort this out in my mind while I sit here bored trying to entertain family.

K00PA

Registered VIP
You'd have to convert the harness to OBD1 in some area's like alternator for example...but it should all be plug and play and you'll need and obd2 to obd1 jumper harness

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I can build a harness so that's not a problem. Is there a pin out or diagram posted some place you know of? I'll make one tomorrow at work. I knew that guy didn't have everything. I asked him this very question and I had the feeling he didn't understand what I was talking about. He just kept saying it's all there. Maybe there is a harness I didn't see but I think he would have said something after I asked had he known about it.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Found something interesting today. Trying to figure out which way I should go for ECU/harness and discovered that by doing a VIN search, my car should have the D16Z6 (VTEC) with P28 ECU and is listed as the EX model. My car actually has the D15b7 (non VTEC DX) in it but have not looked at what ECU (just noticed this at work, car not here). The title shows reconstructed. I'll know more when I get to the ECU later today, but why would someone put in the non vtec motor one, and two, is it possible I still have the P28 and who ever put the wrong motor in didn't also put the S***ier ECU in as well??

WTF?! Yeah, that's right. I drive a down graded 94 EX. Z6 was too much for me. LOL

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I should start a DIY: How to down grade your Honda.

.... DAMNNNN YOUUUUUUUUU PREVIOUS OWNNNNNNEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :cussing:

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
^^ I still haven't seen that video. I'll have to do that after lunch.

And I found out that I do not have P28 :( ... P06 FTL

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
but your swapping in the b16 right? so screw the d series!

That's true, but I was hoping for the tunable P28 like my car is supposed to have. Oh well, i'll use the P2T from the 99 si and just go with that until I boost it next year I suppose.

And on that subject, if the 96-01 Integra engine harness is what's used to make the B16a2 work on OBD1, then theory tells me I should be able to crosswire my b16a2 single harness with my OBD1 2 part harness (or 3 part I guess it could be called). I was thinking that rather than hunt down an Integra harness which is going to be tough for me to do up here (and expensive), i'll just make my own harness and use the connectors from each harness I have. I don't see how it can't work. Basically i'd be building my own 96-01 GSR harness. And i'm not talking about "hacking" up either of my two harnesses now, just pulling the connectors off and building my own wires. Then I can make them long enough to tuck them too! Hmmmm.. I could also just build a harness that includes every single wire available and cap n' stow what I don't need. A "one size fits all" sort of deal.

Darth_Civic

0_o props if you can make that work wiring (besides car audio) is intimidating so many little things to mess up. Probably just because I've never done it.

Subscribed

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im waaaaaaiting...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I had NO IDEA Honda ever made a civic in 4wd until someone posted a pic today of theirs. Totally blew my mind!! So, naturally I searched CL to see if I could find one.

Not much to look at now, but she'll get there! I'M SO FREAKN PUMPED RIGHT NOW! Buying it tomorrow. Guy wants $500 but i'm hoping to get it closer to 2. Either way, this baby is mine tomorrow!