Milano red EJ1 w/ b16a2 swap, auto to manual conversion, plus extras!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I know! The crap part is alot of the posts I read look copy and pasted from site to site and a lot of them get locked with "use the search" which always pisses me off. Really, what's the point of a lock in a thread that's not off topic? Can't it just be merged, deleted, or sent to the back of the threads some how? And if you're going to lock it, at least make corrections when you know something is wrong!! Then people like me search and find these locked threads with the wrong crap posted in them. Sucks... Well, I didn't actually buy any of these parts as they came from the previous owner I traded my Integra for but I could have just as easily made the same mistake.

Anyway, hope to find a bracket this morning and get this beotch running today/this week!!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Word, well get that bracket, so you can get down to business!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
LOL.. Ordered! I ended up going with a 94-97 Del Sol Si bracket. I guess it's the same thing according to Honda as the Acura part and it would take longer to get here if I went the Acura route. Should arrive by Thursday at the latest so... Now I have time to do the head gasket on one of the 4wd civic wagon just in time for snow. Not too shabby.. Though I would rather have a running EJ1 this week instead.

K00PA

Registered VIP
LOL.. Ordered! I ended up going with a 94-97 Del Sol Si bracket. I guess it's the same thing according to Honda as the Acura part and it would take longer to get here if I went the Acura route. Should arrive by Thursday at the latest so... Now I have time to do the head gasket on one of the 4wd civic wagon just in time for snow. Not too shabby.. Though I would rather have a running EJ1 this week instead.
Word...
Man those head gaskets never last on the wagon motors I've noticed, but you do have to rev them a little high to even get them going and plus they're not meant to be taken so high but damn you have to atleast get moving cause the person behind you will be pissed :lol:

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Now I have time to do the head gasket on one of the 4wd civic wagon just in time for snow
So, you're working on more than 1 wagovan right now? Man, I would LOVE to have one, but I'm always broke as a joke. Too, bad too, since dude posted one on Craigslist, lives couple hours from here and it looks pretty straight and clean. By the way, diggin' on this build. Good job!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So, you're working on more than 1 wagovan right now? Man, I would LOVE to have one, but I'm always broke as a joke. Too, bad too, since dude posted one on Craigslist, lives couple hours from here and it looks pretty straight and clean. By the way, diggin' on this build. Good job!
Yeah, i do. Well, one is factory 4wd and the other is 2wd. In the end, both will be K20 AWD swapped so the drive train as it sits now doesn't mean anything to me. Being alaska, anything that came factory 4wd or AWD is plentiful up here. I've owned some pretty rare cars for super cheap in the short amount of time i've been here. Thanks for the props on the current project. Might get another EJ1 later this week and do it all over again too. I'm kinda addicted to buying/selling cars. That's where ALL my modding money comes from.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Red one was $600. Blue was $450. Both in California would fetch about $2k each... well, probably more than just cali. I hear they're pretty hard to come by in the 48. I didn't even know they existed until about a month ago! LOL..

K00PA

Registered VIP
Lol, looks like the same one my good friend has...damn are you him, Lol...Naw Jk! Thats crazy tho!

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Not much going on with the coupe. Still waiting for bracket.

Mounted the trunk and gas door shown being painted earlier in this thread though! (door not pictured)

Then decided to get the head gasket kit done on the RT4WD:

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Still no bracket yet so i'll continue work on the D16A6 for the 4WD wagon:

Back of the room Avionics bench... Loaded with car parts LOL. That equipment you see mounted in the shelves is for electronics built in the early 80's. Total garbage.

K00PA

Registered VIP
Lol...
Ive been doing swaps for a good time now and I still get nervous lol...GL brutha

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Well I'd like to start it except my key won't turn!! Doing mad google searching for "94 civic key won't turn" threads. I'm so pissed right now!

K00PA

Registered VIP
Well I'd like to start it except my key won't turn!! Doing mad google searching for "94 civic key won't turn" threads. I'm so pissed right now!
WTF? Sounds like bad tumblers...well screw it just bump it and start it for now cause you'll have to swap it out anyway...

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
WTF? Sounds like bad tumblers...well screw it just bump it and start it for now cause you'll have to swap it out anyway...
But my steering wheel is locked! I created a "help me thread" to hopefully find someone with a good idea.

K00PA

Registered VIP
But my steering wheel is locked! I created a "help me thread" to hopefully find someone with a good idea.
Yea our older Honda's are known to do this from 1-5th Gen always gave off issues such as this! Did you try wiggling it around to break the lock?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Man i'm pulling my hair out on this! I'm down to pulling the ignition out and taking it to a lock smith tonight to see if they can get me set up right. I brought them my key to make a new one and the lady said the keys I have been using are not the same as her book tells her to make them so I more than likely have an aftermarket set up some how.

Its funny how everyone I talk to about this and random people standing by will say, did you try turning the wheel first then turning the key? .... Seriously, if anyone else asks me stupid $h*6 like that one more time I'm gonna cap a ho! YES I FREAKN SHOOK THE BEJEZUS OUT OF THE WHEEL!!!! Even tried rocking the car while in gear to break the steering column loose. I'm completely lost here.

ARGH!

Is there anything electrical that locks the ignition from turning? Or is it just mechanical? Cause if I can just apply voltage some place, maybe that's what i'm missing after the swap. If I don't find an answer here shortly i'm just removing the ignition... Though I did read some place that you can drill out the goldish circle thing to get the lock/spring to drop out.. Maybe that should be done first. OH THE HUMANITY! Swap done, ignition locked. F ME IN THE A!