My 97 LX 4Door build

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well its been awhile since I updated this last but I'm changing the plans on her again. Going TURBO! Picking up a kit this weekend i'll put some pictures up when I get it.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yay for another boosted EJ6!!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol im excited, How much boost are you running? stock internals?
Stock internals in a JDM B18B motor -- 9.5lbs right now. ARP head bolts though, head started lifting from the block with the stock bolts. :x

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So picked up the kit for $700 took it to JE Import performance they told me I got the kit for a steal seeing how it is using a Garrett T28. They also told me that I do have the piggy back computer but the recommend me going OBD1 with Hondata S300 they priced the Hondata at $495, $90 to install and three hours of dyno tuning at $525. Are these prices steep? Also I will post pictures of the kits later.

kg562

4 Door EK Driver!
Nice bro! Good going so far! I been wanting to work on my car but don't have any time. I drive a 1996 Honda civic LX. 4 door more whores haha =) my job has been stealing all my free time but when the time come I'll be putting in some work. Looking forward to seeing your build some more.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
So picked up the kit for $700 took it to JE Import performance they told me I got the kit for a steal seeing how it is using a Garrett T28. They also told me that I do have the piggy back computer but the recommend me going OBD1 with Hondata S300 they priced the Hondata at $495, $90 to install and three hours of dyno tuning at $525. Are these prices steep? Also I will post pictures of the kits later.
No those are normal prices.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice bro! Good going so far! I been wanting to work on my car but don't have any time. I drive a 1996 Honda civic LX. 4 door more whores haha =) my job has been stealing all my free time but when the time come I'll be putting in some work. Looking forward to seeing your build some more.
Thanks man im hoping to get the ball rolling quicker but I dont want to rush my first boost project. :D
No those are normal prices.
ok thanks for the reply I might try to pick up that Hondata that Tig Bitties is selling to cut down on some of the cost.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i'm looking into a new FMIC because the one the guy gave me is jacked but the EDELBROCK replacement it $715 so I searched up Johnnyracecar.com but the site does not work im looking to stay in the $200 range any suggestions??

Intercooler by hcw219, on Flickr

Intercooler Damage by hcw219, on Flickr

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I guess no suggestions on the intercooler. So as a update I talked to another local tuner and he gave me an awsome price on S300. He also was talking to me about my goals he said that 300whp is no problem but he recommended Supertech pistons and Manley H rods, also said that resleeving is not required until I start hitting the 350-400whp range. Anyone have any feedback on these pistons and rods?