My 97 LX 4Door build

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I havent updated in awhile just saving money for the turbo build. I have the oppertunity to buy a set of 99-00 headlights that are retrofited with fx35 projectors with a mdx shroud and raybrig H.i.Ds for $120. I know the lense itself will not fit my body style but I was thinking for that price I could just open up my EBAY housing and switch the components. What do you guys and gals think?

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So you would buy the set up and swap it like im thinking. Im just trying to penny pinch this turbo stuff is $$$$$$

PHAHEEM

I bought a pair of new aftermarket headlights from eBay that I used for my retrofit. Didn't want to mess up my OEM headlight housings

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea PHAHAEEM that's what I have are eBay housings. I bought them they look Badass well I know what my project is this weekend I will post pictures of them when I get home

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry for the delay

IMAG1817 by hcw219, on Flickr

IMAG1819 by hcw219, on Flickr

Probably going to open them up and swap out the internals to my ebay housings this weekend any advice? along with painting the needles on my cluster. Also going to order a rear lip, wink mirror, and a rear window visor.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so I started the swap of the headlights and the mdx shrouds are bigger then mine and they wont fit into the headlight trim piece. So I figure use the dremel should I trim the headlight trim piece or the shroud ?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice progress so far. Were you able to get a new intercooler?

How much needs trimmed on the headlight housing?

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice progress so far. Were you able to get a new intercooler?

How much needs trimmed on the headlight housing?
Thanks, with the intercooler thing put that on the back burner. Yea I decided that the hp goal was 300 so im doing a rebuild on a donor motor (cp pistons, manley h rods) .

With the trimming not alot but im not 100% sure I was just going to trim little by little .

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Instead of swapping the projectors to the other headlights, why wont you just leave them in the existing headlights? They look great. Just need to clean them up a little bit.

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Headlights and retrofit look awesome man!
Thanks after seeing you do yours I was like man I need to do it now im thinking of sound proofing too.

Instead of swapping the projectors to the other headlights, why wont you just leave them in the existing headlights? They look great. Just need to clean them up a little bit.
They are for a 99-00 im rocking the 97 different assembly

Finally got them to fit no trimming required:thumbs up
Now im think should I do a city light DIY while they are out

IMAG1849 by hcw219, on Flickr

IMAG1850 by hcw219, on Flickr

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good!

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry forgot to update finished and installed the retrofit WOW what a difference. Enjoy!

before with 6000k hids in my oem housing

IMAG1826 by hcw219, on Flickr

light pattern with the hids in the oem housing

IMAG1824 by hcw219, on Flickr

after the retrofit

IMAG1887 by hcw219, on Flickr

IMAG1891 by hcw219, on Flickr

light pattern after (still need alittle more adjusting I feel like they are too low)

IMAG1889 by hcw219, on Flickr