My H2b buildup thread, quick updates...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea it wouldn't be a good idea to buy the trans but you could have sold it to me=), mine is slowly deteriorating. Its gonna be an awesome swap for sure, here is a great link to all motor H graphs so you can get a good idea of what you will make with your mods, also help you decide your parts.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1608375
This graph was motivation for me when I was planning on building all motor H. Pretty simple mods and good power.
http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4979
One more thing, for a header, maybe look into The Camp 1320 header, on my stock JDM H22a I made 195whp and 153wtq, with just that header and a Hondata s100 tune. Mine hangs kinda low, but from what I understand they redesigned it so hug the oil pan better.
Where do I look to buy one of those Camp 1320 headers, I looked, but it was just individuals trying to sell the ones they had. All the prices looked good. Do you think I could get one made at a B series angle, that would be too easy...

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where do I look to buy one of those Camp 1320 headers, I looked, but it was just individuals trying to sell the ones they had. All the prices looked good. Do you think I could get one made at a B series angle, that would be too easy...
I bought mine straight from camp1320.com, but lately I don't think the site has been working. I have seen people use them on H2B setups, i think they just sat a little low. On his myspace page I saw something about the header saying "Also for you H2B conversion guys" I just went to yahoo and typed camp1320motorsports and got some information about it.
Oh and to edit my post that you quoted, I made 194whp not 195. Typo.
What color on the valve cover, I'm thinking red, but I want to hear some opinions.
I think white ones look good.
mine is beige, it looked good when i first did it but now its dirty. Heres a Pic when the valve cover paint was fresh and the header was brand new. I wish it still looked like that.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sample pic, not much clearance, but I'm not above "modifying" the firewall in the name of speed.
i dont think thats worth it. i'd take the stock manifold to a good machine shop and have it ported out. you can make just as much power as the junk2 manifold for the same price. and u dont have to modify your firewall or worry about any clearances. (except the ground or hood).

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Paint the valve cover black with wrinkle paint.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i dont think thats worth it. i'd take the stock manifold to a good machine shop and have it ported out. you can make just as much power as the junk2 manifold for the same price. and u dont have to modify your firewall or worry about any clearances. (except the ground or hood).
I have a p28, I don't feel like finding something w/ Iab's on it, I know I could just take the plate out and bolt the plenum back on, but $305 isn't bad for a manifold like that. You don't have to beat the firewall on an h2b, but it is hella close. And no one around here ports heads or manifolds. The euro R manifold looks kinda neat, but I have a 68 mm tb I'm going to use. I have dremmels and will look into how much the Euro R one can be ported before I get into the IACV port.
And with the Quarter sports drag kit, you actually have more ground clearance than if you just did an h swap b/c it doesn't have the ability to bring the motor down like a custom mount kit for an H, but changing the oil is a different story, I'll have to jack up the front end so all the oil will drain out, no biggie I know, but if I didn't change my own oil and went to a quick change place, then they would be like, why did only a quart or two of oil come out.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I have a p28, I don't feel like finding something w/ Iab's on it, I know I could just take the plate out and bolt the plenum back on, but $305 isn't bad for a manifold like that. You don't have to beat the firewall on an h2b, but it is hella close. And no one around here ports heads or manifolds. The euro R manifold looks kinda neat, but I have a 68 mm tb I'm going to use. I have dremmels and will look into how much the Euro R one can be ported before I get into the IACV port.
And with the Quarter sports drag kit, you actually have more ground clearance than if you just did an h swap b/c it doesn't have the ability to bring the motor down like a custom mount kit for an H, but changing the oil is a different story, I'll have to jack up the front end so all the oil will drain out, no biggie I know, but if I didn't change my own oil and went to a quick change place, then they would be like, why did only a quart or two of oil come out.
you can run the oem manifold with the blacktrax IAB kit or just keep the IABs open. you'll only lose a little bottom end power. with that gearing you'll barely ever even be in your bottom end range anyway.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you can run the oem manifold with the blacktrax IAB kit or just keep the IABs open. you'll only lose a little bottom end power. with that gearing you'll barely ever even be in your bottom end range anyway.
If you had the money and it wasn't an option, what would you do, My tuner that has done a couple of motors for me and my friends says that with the skunk2 he can make 6-8 whp more with the skunk than the stock. I'm sure the Blacktrax plates on the stock manifold are somewhere inbetween the 2, and I'm not using stock cams, so it will be optimal for the manifold in bringing the powerband up. I'm not being stubborn or oppositional, but I still think the skunk2 is my option since my tuner is very familiar with what they like. On ebay, the skunk2 manifold with the hondata gasket is $305 shipped, the Euro R manifold is $315 before shipping, the spacers are way cheaper, but I want the little bit of power I will get even if it costs me, say $100 for the extra 2-3 whp.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If you had the money and it wasn't an option, what would you do
if running the junk2 manifold means i need to "modify the firewall in the name of speed" then i would DEFINATELY port a stock manifold.

i have a similar issue with my setup. no room for a bigger manifold, so i have to port a stock one. and i've seent he numbers. they are the same (with my setup).

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No need to modify on an h2b, but if it were on an H swap by itself, you would have to put an 1" deep extension in the firewall, then rewelding it and moving all the brake lines out of the way. But it doesn't on this setup b/c of the angle that it is cocked up at. Some people don't see good numbers with it b/c they are pretty much stock wanting big numbers from putting on a big manifold, which is absurd.
But in your case, your K is a pretty good manifold to start with, not an old crusty dual runner manifold which is a bit obtrusive than a nice beatiful manifold. We will only see what happens, I'd actually see what both would do, and I might be able to get a bit of help from my tuner and skunk2 themselves b/c they are all about research and developement. They give my tuner cams and products all the time to test. I walked in one day and he was speaking to Oscar Jackson, aka the founder of Jackson Racing. My tuner is one of the few warranted installers that is a large dealer of major product and the manifolds are not nearly junk, but need a little lovin' and knowledge. I have seen all the dyno's on honda-tech. I found some dyno's of the oem mani, the euro r and the skunk2.

Oem/ported oem vs. Euro R.http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2065401
I couldn't find the other thread on honda-tech but a moderator did back to back comparisons on the same motor best to worst
Oem mani, ported oem mani, euro R, skunk2
He had a 68 mm tb on the skunk2, and not the euro r or oem mani, but made enough power above the other tb's matter, I tried to find it for like 20 minutes while watching Tv, but gave up. But they aren't as junky as you think.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like what your doing, h22 is a huge motor and im sure ur hatch is gonna be fun to drive with a b16 trany, whered u buy that b16 tranny anyhow? im looking for one, if u or any of your friends got one let me know, i have a gsr tranny on my gsr right now but i want the shorter gears ill trade straight up

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i like what your doing, h22 is a huge motor and im sure ur hatch is gonna be fun to drive with a b16 trany, whered u buy that b16 tranny anyhow? im looking for one, if u or any of your friends got one let me know, i have a gsr tranny on my gsr right now but i want the shorter gears ill trade straight up
I got it for $600 from some guy in Talapoosa GA. He has a lot of Honda stuff, and I don't know where any more are, they are far and few between around here, mostly just Ls trans' and Gsr ones.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well, I got a little bored and haven't exactly even posted pics of my car yet on this thread, a bit ricey, but I've had this car since 2003. I did all the bodywork and painting myself. In high school I was in the state VICA auto body competition, In college last year, I won over all other colleges in the state, and I went to national Vica, and placed 5th in the nation. I have worked in a body shop since I was 16 so body work is nothing anymore, and mechanics are pretty easy also.
So here goes my half rice car, I've got a few buttholes to buff out of the clear on the roof and such, but other than that the car is beautiful and the panels fit quite nicely, and the steelies are just there so the car can sit there.
Myself needing a shave and half blinded by the flash

My helpers

My gsr DD sedan(less than 3k for everything, auto to manual, car, and swap all done by my lonesome)

My hatch

Steel fenders w/ vents cut into them myself and welded up

Painted Carbon hood w/ sparco hood pins

You can choose to make fun of it if you wish, but all the panels line up just like stock, and I have black housing headlights and I am looking at some nice wheels that I'll buy as soon as I get the motor running soon, cut and buff my s**t, and then get an alignment when I get my wheels and tires. Either way, Its a reverse sleeper now, b/c no one expects a ricey looking car to be fast, and I'm gonna buy a "Save the Sohc" sticker and put it on my back hatch b/c I'm a reverse poser.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member

really dusty front bumper and side skirts, they've been sitting there for months.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the whole ricey sleeper plan, people always try to race cars that look like that. I think the plan will be a success. It could be worse.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ricey, but fast, I've had this car for 5 years and I kinda wish I hadn't even bought the kit, but I've had it since January 2004, and I've outgrown caring...